.Net 2 web app and Reporting Services (both SQL 2000 and SQL 2005)... Can it be done?

My setup:
.Net 2 web app running in [localhost] with AJAX extensions.  2 virtual web folders Reports and ReportServer for Reporting Services in SQL 2000.  I understand that RS (Reporting Services) for SQL 2000 only runs in .Net Framework 1.1, so I have set both Reports and ReportServer to run in a different application pool [ASP.NET 1.1] and set their .net Framework to 1.1.  But when I try to load a report through our app or try to load the Reports folder it reports and error in the web.config of our web app in localhost.  The error in the web.config is something specific to .net 2 or Ajax or ReportViewer.

If I am correct, the ReportViewer that comes with VS2005 works only with SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 and that is fine, I guess.

But my BIG question is why is the Reporting Services app, in virtual folders that are running in a different application pool then the root web app, inheriting the configuration from the root web app?  Can I stop this from happening?

Is it possible to have our .net 2 web app work successfully with Reporting Services (SQL 2000) in virtual web folders?

Prior to all this our web app was .net 1.1 with only SQL 2000 and Reporting Services and all was fine.  But we have been upgrading our app to .net 2 and also want to support SQL 2005 and Reporting Services.

Any thoughts, ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Jim

Jim
----------------------
0
jrblack10

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

Using .Net 2.0 and System.Web.UI.WebControls.Treeview with SQL Reporting Services 2005 for navigation and display.
I spent several hours sifting through article after article about how to build tree navigations dynamically.  They assumed that the order of the data coming in was 'orderly' and that you were usually using the IE Web Control toolkit which is a .Net 1.0 package.  In our environment 2.0+, that would not work for us and we needed to ensure browser compatibility.  Thanks to a colleagues suggestion of recursion, I came up with the following code below.  It's length is due to all the detailed commenting.  Feel free to comment on it, any positives or...

Odd crash problem involving SQL Server 2000/Dot Net 2.0 web app
I have a VB/Dot Net 2.0 web app I'm building.  Fairly conventional in most respects except that I'm constantly dealing with legacy data and rather casual table designs that I have no control over.  Generally I create a single XSD for the application and use that for all data access. In this case I've created a data table in the xsd that is the result of a union.  One half of the union is a select on a view and the other is a direct read of a table. I've made sure that both sets of data have identical aliases.  Out in the program there is a point...

How to add barcode images in Reporting Services 2000 (SSRS 2000) with VS.NET Report Server Projects
Due to its flexible design, Neodynamic Barcode Professional for Reporting Services allows you to show barcode images in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services reports. You can use all Barcode Symbologies Linear & 2D built-in Barcode Professional.In this Step By Step Guide you'll learn how to create a Reporting Services report which shows barcode images into it using Barcode Professional and Visual Studio .NET 2003. In this sample we'll create a Reporting Services report to create fictitious access cards for Northwind's employees getting them from Microsoft's Northwind database samp...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

Can .NET framework Beta 2 communicate with SQL 2005 Standard Beta 2?
I upgraded my project from beta 1 to beta 2 and now it has trouble talking to my SQL 2005 Standard Beta 2 (not the Express April CTP).  Did MSFT modified Beta 2 so communicating with SQL 2005 Standard Beta 2 is not possible anymore? Please advice, Jason More specifically, the error is: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) I don't know this for sure, but I think I've seen the same problem.  If you ...

SQL 2000 upgrade to SQL 2005 botched Reporting Services
I upgraded a SQL 2000 Enterprise server running on Win 2000 sp4 to SQL 2005 Enterprise. Reporting Services had not been installed on the server in it's SQL 2000 life. We only had 1 user database on the box. During the install process I choose to install Reporting Services among other options as we want this to be our company Report Server.  IIS and SMTP were already running on the box and I had installed the 2.0 version of the .NET Framework. Well - the upgrade went file but informed me that Reporting Services was installed but not configured and that I would have to use the...

SQL 2000 Vs.net 2005 beta 2
I've been trying to get this to work forever...Anyway I figure out that if you use attachdbfilename. You will go nowhere :)I finally removed it and it works very well.The problem i'm getting now is: Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.aspnet_SchemaVersions'.I looked and there isn't a SchemaVersions in my sql directory. I've tried reinstalling the .sq...

Where to get SQL server 2000 reporting service for VS.NET?
Where to get SQL server 2000 reporting service for VS.NET? Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/reporting/default.aspIf my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs...

.DLL compiled with .NET 1.1 to be used in Web app done in .NET 2.0
Hi all,If I have a bunch of business objects that where compiled in .NET version 1.1, would it be possible for my ASP.NET (done in .NET 2.0) application to pick up these objects (.dll file) and start to use them?(Would be great if some-one could provide some form of documentation on this)ThanksTryst Hi Tryst, This should work fine.  In general, you can use V1.1 assemblies with V2.0 applications.  The reverse, though, is not true. Hope this helps, Scott ok, cool.ThanksTryst Comparative study on VS .Net 2003 and VS.Net 2005 .Net Framework versions used are ver...

Can I use SSRS 2005 Report Builder Client App to publish a report to SSRS 2000
Hello, Can I use SSRS 2005 Report Builder Client App to publish a report to SSRS 2000 or is it not possible due to the SSRS2005 RDL schema being different to the SSRS 2000 one. If it is technically possible, does this require a SQL 2005 licence due to the use of the Report Builder Client App ?  Thanks Chris_____________Christian Hi,  From your description, it seems that you report is developed in SSRS 2005, right?  Since in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2005 there are a whole host of new features. This means that reports that are developed in Visual ...

Web resources about - .Net 2 web app and Reporting Services (both SQL 2000 and SQL 2005)... Can it be done? - asp.net.ssrs

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why reporting season could be bad for blue chips
February's reporting season is set to disappoint those who love blue chips.

Spotlight review: Restrained, realistic view of investigative reporting provokes cold fury
Director Tom McCarthy's take on newspaper investigation into child sex abuse by Catholic Church a worthy Oscar contender.

Spotlight review: Restrained, realistic view of investigative reporting provokes cold fury
Director Tom McCarthy's take on newspaper investigation into child sex abuse by Catholic Church a worthy Oscar contender.

Why reporting season could be bad for blue chips
February's reporting season is set to disappoint those who love blue chips.

'Strictest' asset reporting system still leaves out too much: experts
'Strictest' asset reporting system still leaves out too much: experts

Multimedia Project Extols the AIDS Reporting of Jeffrey Schmalz
... by Rachel Maddow and Brooke Gladstone , the AIDS diagnosis of New York Times reporter Jeffrey Schmalz and final years of related reporting are ...

Dividends in focus as miners set to weigh on reporting season
Resources companies are set remain a huge drag on earnings-per-share growth this coming reporting season, but growth outside steady, Citi says. ...

Alphabet Q4 On Tap: All Eyes on New Segment Reporting
... ( GOOGL ) are up $6.57, or 0.9%, at $767.92, in advance of this afternoon’s Q4 report from the company, with the focus on new segment reporting ...

Florida, Illinois latest in reporting Zika virus cases - Videos - CBS News
U.S. health officials are reporting new cases of a mosquito-borne virus linked to birth defects. Florida reported three confirmed cases of the ...