Using Visual Studio 2003 with sql server 2000 and planning to switch to sql server 2005

We have a project already developed iusing VS 2003 Enterprise architect edition using sql server 2000(have lots of table and stored procs etc.)

Now planning to switch to Sql server 2005 are there any issues associated with the switch.

I mean front end programming wise asp.net and vb.net front end codes do they work straight away or need to make any changes to all the front end codes, we are using datasets, data readers calling stored procs and also using lot of hash tables and XML object to make bulk loads to sql server via sqlxml3.0 sp3.

Please help thank you very much for the information.

0
Reddymade

You can do a testing: backup the databases on SQL 2000 and then restore them on the new SQL2005. Modify connection string of the application to connect to the restored databases on the new server, there should be no problem to use the old stored procedures in SQL2005. Sorry I'm not familiar with making bulk loads to SQL via SqlXML3.0, but I can access SQL2005 via SqlXML 3.0, following the nwind example:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sqlxml3/htm/intro_2xvd.asp?frame=true

Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese
http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38
0
Iori_Jay

SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio Web server vs IIS 5 / 6: logging into SQL Server
If you are writing code that involves, for example, ADO.NET transactions, be aware:1) If you are using Visual Studio 2005's internal server, this uses the Windows account of the logged in user to access SQL Server 2005. Therefore your permission settings, for example denying an insert or update, will be ignored.2) If you are using IIS 5 or 6 as your Web server, the ASPNET (IIS 5) / NETWORK SERVICE (IIS 6) account is used and so your permission settings will be acted upon.Find out the Windows account being used by running SQL Profiler when debugging.Hope this helps. ...

sql server 2005 to sql server 2000
Due to certain unavoidable reasons we have to move an application from sql server 2005 to sql server 2000 (yes from 2005 to 2000).  would changing the connection string be sufficient or are there other issues involved. How hard is it going to be to get it to work? Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Yes you will need to change the connection string!However you must look very carefully at the database structure. Do two script exports of every object in the database - one for SQL2000 compatibility and one without. Compare these two scripts, if they are significantly differe...

Is Microsoft free* elearning for Sql Server 2005 useful for learning SQL Server 2000?
I'm working towards MCAD and as elective I want to do the SQL Server course. The exam is on SQL Server 2000.  I was just wondering whether the online course that Microsoft currently have a available for free at https://www.microsoftelearning.com/sqlserver2005/default.aspx would be useful and applicable to SQL Server 2000, or whether it is sufficiently different product to make it confusing to use this as a learning resource. Also if anyone can point me toward any webcasts for SQL Server that would be great. I listened to Fritz Onion's 15 part series when I studied  for my ASP...

Can I use Bugzilla with Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 as backend Database
I have Just Successfully installed Bugzilla My installation are Bugzilla 2.2 Apachec Webserver ActivePerl 7.8 Mysql 5.0 Now I like That My Database should be Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 Can I do that [As I also see that I required some Perl module of Mysql as well] ...

Move from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 with VS 2005
 We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connection stringin the Source code and/or Web.config?  My preliminary testing seemed to be not effective.TIA,Jeffrey wonjartran:  We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connectio...

Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?
Hi,Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?   You certainly can!I only use SQL 2005 Management Studio for accessing all my 2000/2005 instances/databases. ...

How to create a data diagram in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio for a SQL Server 2000 database
Hello: I have an old database created in SQL Server 2000, now I can open, access it in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, but I can't create Data Diagrams. Please advise on how to make it work.... Thank you Expand the database folder in Object Explorer and the first folder under the databases is the "Database Diagrams". Right click -> New database diagram.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Thank you for replying :)  but that only works for database created in SQL Server 2005, my database is created in SQL Server ...

SQL Server 2000
Hi We have SQL Server 2000 installed on Windows Server 2003. Now wanted to upgrade to SQL Server 2005. Have tried simply inserting SQL Server 2005 dvd and installing on Windows Server 2003. Installation was not successful.  Let me know standard methodology to upgrade SQL Server 2000 to 2005 . Thanks,-- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you -- Friend, this tutorial may help you http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid87_gci1188595,00.html http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid87_gci1194265,00.html http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...

SQL Server 2005 Error, but its SQL Server 2003?
Here is an error we are getting when trying to connect through our websites: .Net SqlClient Data Provider An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)   The server is actually SQL Server 2003.  Windows Update installed a few updates yesterday, so we're thinking that something in the update might be causing this er...

Web resources about - Using Visual Studio 2003 with sql server 2000 and planning to switch to sql server 2005 - asp.net.sql-datasource

London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority (LFEPA) is a functional body of the Greater London Authority (GLA) and was established under ...

Barclays said to be planning further 20 per cent investment bank job cuts
Barclays may cut an additional 20 per cent of investment bank staff, with most of the losses in Asia and the global cash equities business, as ...

Google is planning to fix incorrect, 1-star app ratings in search results next week
Google is planning to fix an issue that displayed incorrect, one-star ratings for a number of iPhone, iPad, and Mac apps in its search results. ...

The Idiocy of Central Planning in One Simple Chart
Hubris is one of the most risible characteristics of the Leftists who seek to orchestrate and manage society. They believe that they can set ...

Lionel Richie planning a duet with Adele
You probably have seen the mash-up of Adele's "Hello" and Lionel Richie's "Hello" which appeared on YouTube within hours of the release of Adele's ...

Anonymous is planning a 'trolling day' against ISIS
The hacking collective Anonymous has declared Friday "ISIS trolling day" and is encouraging people to mock the terrorist group online. Anonymous ...

Analysis: San Bernardino suspects were "planning something significant"
Former number two at the CIA and CBS News senior security contributor Michael Morell gives his take on the investigation into the San Bernardino ...

Hope You're Planning A Very Grumpy Christmas
Submitted by: (via Cute Overload ) Tagged: christmas , Grumpy Cat , grinch Share on Facebook

Personal Planning for 2016
... this, please share it with your network! Want to read more like this from Christopher Penn ? Get updates here: The post Personal Planning ...

Senate GOP Planning How They're Going To Repeal Obamacare Again
After seeing John Boehner descend into the pits of purity hell over his failure to get an Obamacare repeal bill on Obama's desk, Mitch McConnell ...