Using access tables in sql server

I have an Access database with some tables in it , I should make a very sophisticated report using 6 tables !if it was Sql server I could manage  that with a fairly long stored procedure but in access in is almost impossible ! so if I could Access to the Access table and use them like native sql  tables half of my problem was solved .

And of course copying  access tables to sql is out of the table !

Thank you in advance!

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.
0
H_R

I think you just need to create a link server in Sql Server and point to your MS Access database.

Refer to the below links for an example of creating and using linked servers.

http://wvmitchell.blogspot.com/2007/08/linking-access-tables-to-sql-server.html

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=109620

Hope this helps.

0
santa_1975
7/10/2008 3:21:08 PM

thank you very much

Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.
0
H_R

How to enabel sql server notification on database as well as table using sql server 2005

I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio
I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio When I change any data on mentioned table above, Red exclamation sign appears left of the record . How can I correct this problem?  Thanks. Try running the UPDATE via Query Analyzer...and see if you get an error.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

Attach SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net
Is there any way to attach a SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net?  If so can you also set security? Can you rephrase your question? Attach SQL DB from which version of SQL server ? Look up books online for sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have a DB that was created in SQL Server 2005.  I have a website that displays data from systems all over the world.  Each system sends it's data to it's own DB.  The customer can then go to a website and see the data at real time.  What ...

How can i import records from a sql server table in project1 to another sql server table in project2
Hi, i have a table with all employee bio-data in a completed project. Iam now working on another project with a table that needs the same data and here iam talking about 300 records that rarely change. Instead of re-entering this data in this new table, i want to import the data from the completed project into a table in this new project. Does any one have any idea how to achieve that or is there a better option to do the same. One more thing iam realising here is that iam going to use this same data in very many applications and some one from one department is going to ...

creating ssis packagte for sql server to sql serer using C#.net
Hi friendsdoes any one has code or urls which can help me to create the ssis pacakage which will transfer data from sql server to sql server databaseswith some manipulationsthanks so much Lad LaxmikantPune You are probably in the wrong forum.  This forum is for questions relating to ASP.NET Dynamic Data. thanks,David...

move data from access to sql server 7.0 using sql queries
Hi All, I hope I am at the right place to post this question: How can I move the tables with its data from Access to SQL Server 7.0 using SQL queries. Later I might put everything in the store procedure and have a third party running the store-procedure to do it by itself. Please advice what should I do first? Do I create new tables in the s SQL Server 7 or can I move the data and create the tables at the same time?..Thank you. You can do this using DTS from your SQL server.  You can create the package, and even make it recurring if you so choose. This is a link describing DTS f...

Creating a SQL Server linked server to Interbase using 64 bit SQL Server
Hi, I am trying to use the data direct odbc driver for interbase to create a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit however, SQL Server reports an "Arcitechure Mismatch" between the System DSN and SQL Server. This did work under 32 bit SQL Server. Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I have tried using the IBProvider trial as well but this fails to work in SQL Server as well. Our Interbase client(s) and server are all 64 bit installations. Thank you Julian Dawson wrote: > Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I think Easy...

Is a SQL Server Device CAL enough if SQL Server is being accessed by only one web server?
 In my application scenario, there is a single web server hosting my ASP.Net application. If I buy a 'single device CAL'  for SQL Server database, will that be ok in this situation since only one device (i.e. the machine hosting the IIS web server) is going to access the SQL Server database?sun21170 No, that won't be enough.http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/sqlserverlicensing.mspx  -- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you --...

How to access SQL server when using visual studio.NEt
I use web matrix to create .NEt data base application. I am able to create tables and database on sql server using web matrix. However is there any way to do the same on visual studio .net Shaun You should be able to do this to SQL Server instances that you register with the Server Explorer tab in VS.Net...

Replicating from SQL Server to Sybase using SQL Server replication
Hi all, I have setup a replication from SQL Server to Sybase ASE using SQL Server transactional replication. This work via the Sybase OLEDB driver and linked server. Connection is working, prublication is defined on SQL Server side, the subscription against the Sybase server and database is working. But I got one huge problem: All character datatypes end up as NULL in Sybase. When I enter a row in the SQL Server table which is publicated all data that is not character (float, numeric, datetime etc.) is replicated and the row is available on Sybase side, but all character columns are...

using sql server session, does it ALWAYS go to sql server?
Testing a simple web app that's configured to save session in SQL SERVER. I have an array of 250000 ints. Session gets saved in 1 page, and retrieved correctly in another, but I only see 1 transaction in profiler. Also have a large complex object size 250KB, and it get's restored instantly, implying it's not coming from the database. From SQL Profiler, I see one transaction to aspstate db when I leave a page that saves session. Shouldn't I see a gaggle of msgs spew by when I save a large object to session??? All comments appreciated! The short answer is yes. The sessi...

Web resources about - Using access tables in sql server - asp.net.sql-datasource

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Asciano gives Qube access to files - The Courier-Mail Search Search
ASCIANO will give the Qube consortium access to due diligence, in response to a non-binding indicative proposal received on November 10 from ...

Third-Party Apps Losing Access to Instagram’s Feed
... for developers, and one of its changes is the elimination of the feed application-programming interface, which allows third-party apps to access ...

LG Smart TVs gain access to Google's Play Movies & TV in 100 countries
LG has announced that its Smart TV sets are gaining access to Google Play Movies & TV in more than 100 countries, bringing tons of new content ...

Paris Attacks Renew Call for Access to Encrypted Messages
The bloodshed in Paris led U.S. officials Monday to renew calls for limits on technology that prevents governments from spying on phone conversations, ...

Yahoo won't let users with ad blockers access their email
If you're using an ad blocker, you might have some trouble accessing Yahoo Mail , Digiday reports. That's according to users on Twitter and ...

Paris attacks prompt focus on guns access in U.S.
Push on in Congress for bill denying firearms to known or suspected terrorists; similar measures stalled several years in a row

Google updates Hangouts with guest access
Google just made it a bit easier to have a business meeting – or any kind of meeting – via Google Hangouts . The company announced Wednesday ...

Hangouts Gets Guest Access for Video Chats With Non-Google Users
This morning, Google is announcing guest access for Hangouts , which is their way of saying, “Yes, weird people without Google accounts, you ...

Power For All: Driving Energy Access Through Startup Mentality, Social Media, And Grassroots Work
A mother and child use solar powered light. Image courtesy Power for All Africa is a massive renewable energy market. Not only do almost a billion ...