Use sql 2005 to program against sql 2000

I have sql server 2005 (full version) installed on my local machine, while the databases (on the server) I want to program against are in sql 2000. Could I program against sql 2000 databases using sql 2005? If yes, what do I need to know before I start doing that? Any suggestions are welcome.
0
dilbert1947

Hi dilber,

You can connect with your SQL Server 2000 using SQL Server 2005...

All you need is to

1: Open SQL Server Management Studio

2: Go to File Menu, Select Connect Object Explorer menu item ( Connect to Server Dialogbox will be open)

3. Enter your 2000 Server name in Server Name Drop Down, Chooze Auhtentication Type & Enter User Name and password if Authentication is SQL Server Authentication..

4. If you type correct information ( SQL Server Name, User Name & Password).. then Your 2000 Server will be connected...and you can do all with your databases that u can perform on using SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager...

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Muhammad Akhtar Shiekh

Please remember to mark the appropriate replies as answer after your question is solved, thanks
0
akhhttar

SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 question using VS 2005
Can you use VS 2005 with SQL 2000 just like you can with SQL 2005 (automagiclly create grid views and configure data sources without banging your head up against a wall...if you know what I mean?)  Also second part of my question, I have created a database using SQL Express 2005, I display the table using a gridview with the ability to delete records, when the user goes to delete a record (user being myself...) the page postsback and the record never gets deleted.  I have tried using windows authentication and SQL authentication (need help with assigning the proper rights usin...

sql 2000 to sql 2005
i have developed my project in asp.net 2.0 +ajax +c# as backend with sql server 2000 as back end now my question is can i change my sql server to 2005 will it gives any problem in furture all my queries will run properlyMark As Answer If my reply helped you. syedwna:now my question is can i change my sql server to 2005 There should be no problems as long as you migrate all the data, procedures, functions and all required data from SQL2000 to SQL2005. ...

Migrating VS2003 datasource from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005
Is it necessary to convert my VS2003 project to VS2005 before converting the datasource from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005? Or can I just change the datasource without converting the project? Hi delossan, For the first question, the answer is no. Both SQL Server versions can work with Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005. For the second question, the answer is yes. Visual Studio 2003 can work with SQL Server 2005.    Sincerely,Benson YuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can ...

Attach SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net
Is there any way to attach a SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net?  If so can you also set security? Can you rephrase your question? Attach SQL DB from which version of SQL server ? Look up books online for sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have a DB that was created in SQL Server 2005.  I have a website that displays data from systems all over the world.  Each system sends it's data to it's own DB.  The customer can then go to a website and see the data at real time.  What ...

Deployment from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005
I will be moving my website from my local dev server to the live environment soon.  I've been using SQL 2000 to develop, but the live DB is SQL 2005.  My app uses exclusively stored procedures for all data access.  What suprises are in store for me when I migrate the site?! Thanks, Jamie If you don't have any DTS, scheduled tasks to worry about. Then the migration is very straight forward, personally, I have not encounter any problems. What I did is to script the entire DB's table def, indexes, sp, udf. Then run it once on 2005. This article contains step-by-...

benefit of SQL 2005 over SQL 2000
Is there any benefit to SQL2005 over SQL2000 as the data store for purposes of a web app which will use roles and membership and a custom provider?Sam One benifit is the new membership API's in ASP.NET 2.0 that allow storing of users/roles/personalizations/and user profiles with ease in a data store.  All you need do is run the aspnet_regsql wizard ( or command prompt) in your local asp.net 2.0 instalation.  I would recommend using SQL Server 2005 esp if you plan on making your own provider as the DB is more "Aware" of these common practices. Eric RamseurRainbow Portal ...

Migrating from SQL 2005 to SQL 2000
Hi, I need to migrate my application that is currently running on SQL Server 2005 to a SQL 2000 server. Most of the transition seems to go smooth, except the Stored procedures I am heavily relying on (of course ;)). Here is an exemple of code that was working with the 2005 server and is no longer working:  <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource3" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:db_igsp2000 %>" SelectCommand="ListerValeursCompteurs" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure"> <SelectParameters> <as...

port sql 2000 to sql 2005
Need url on good kb or article on converting sql 2000 to sql 2005 (full version not express) Thanks, Michael OardMichael Oard Innovage moard@innovage.com I need to  clarify my post; I want to convert a sql 2000 database tables, stored procedures etc to 2005 not convert a 2000 server to a 2005 serverMichael Oard Innovage moard@innovage.com Hi Michael, The simplest way to upgrade a database from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 is to use detach and attach. Detach from the SQL Server 2000 database, and attach on the SQL Server 2005. Conversion to automatically be done when at...

SQL 2005 vs SQL 2000
HI, I Have my websites developed in sql 2005 and my host is providing SQL 2000. WHAT problem i might face will my site run ? or do i need to change things??     If you use the regular ado.net and sql server functionality , you should be good however if you use some of the advanced features in 2005 like SQLCachedependency , then they may not work in sql 2000 out of the box. You may have to do some setup. Other potential problems could be use of the new XML datatype etc.Difficult to give you an exact list. I would suggest looking at the differences between sql 2000 and 2005 an...

Web resources about - Use sql 2005 to program against sql 2000 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reading Recovery program used in 960 NSW public schools does not work
The key $55 million&nbsp;education program&nbsp;used for 25 years to teach struggling NSW students to read does not work.

Legalized Pot Tax Will Pay For Mental Health Programs: Trudeau
... pockets, said Trudeau. OTTAWA — The modest amount of tax money expected from legalized marijuana sales should go to addiction and support programs, ...

Our new global program for Developer Agencies
Posted by Uttam Kumar Tripathi , Global Lead, Developer Agency Program The Google Developers team supports a number of global programs geared ...

There are now programs that anyone can use to extort money from you
... In practice, results vary. The RaaS creators While a major ransomware operation called Reveton may have used a referral program to encourage ...

Entire blimp surveillance program grounded after crash, maybe indefinitely - Videos - CBS News
The U.S. Army has struggled for years with what once seemed like a good idea using high-tech blimps for surveillance along the East Coast. But ...

Voklswagen creates US claims program
Volkswagen has hired compensation expert Kenneth Feinberg to handle financial claims from people whose cars are involved in the emissions scandal. ...

Amazon Launches Mobile App Referral Program Offering Users $5
Amazon thinks the future of shopping is in your hands, literally. The company recently launched a referral program that offers users of its mobile ...

REPORT: Expensive US Development Programs Lead To Increased Taliban Support
A USAID development program intended to stop Taliban influence has actually led to increased Taliban support in Afghan villages in addition to ...

Why Is The NFL's Most Infamous Quack Still Involved In Its Concussion Program?
The many ways in which Dr. Elliot Pellman—a Guadalajara-educated rheumatologist with questionable qualifications —helped the NFL downplay the ...