Urgent, Dot Net 2005 cannot connect to SQL server 2000

I am using VS .net 2005 to  develop a web application with sql server 2000, but the SQL servrer 2000 is setup on other computer,
so, my web server is setup on A machine and SQL servr is setup on B machine.

I got a problem when i try to connect to SQL server through the Web form as following error.

"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)"

I had try to  setup the MDAC 2.8 on my Web Server, but i got a setup error sth like "MDAC 2.8 cannot install on your machine because it is not support your windows version.........."

Why i can't connect to SQL 2000 through the Web server???

It is a urgent case, Please help thx a lot.

0
laputa09

Please let us know:

  • What is the O/S of machines A and B?
  • Are they members of a domain or a workgroup?

Try doing the following on machine A

Check your connection string by
1) Create an empty text file in windows explorer and rename it to X.UDL
2) Double click on it and the datalink provider dialog will appear.
3) Select the provider tab. Find the provider for your data access method and click next.
4) Select your source
5) Test the connection and save it.
6) Compare the contents of X.UDL with your connections string.

TATWORTH
10/19/2007 10:26:01 AM

OS A and B both are Windows XP with SP2

I had try your suggestion, but i still got an error "Keyword does not support 'Provider'...", i had found the solution in some where, it suggest remove the Provider value from your connection string, when i remove the Provider value, i got the error back

"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)"

Actually, i can pass the oledb connection through your method (X.UDL), the connection string generated as following....
Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=abc;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=RAS;Data Source=192.168.0.12

Do you have other suggestion?

Thx a lot.

0
laputa09
10/19/2007 6:53:54 PM

I had solved my problem.... i found the solution in other forums, he said that by default SQL 2000 was disabled the TCP and UDP ports in order to protect the virus attack, he suggest install SQL server SP4 to fix the problem....

I forgot to install SP4...........      -_- '''

Anyway thx a lot TATWORTH.

0
laputa09

Connecting to SQL Server 2000 with SQL Server 2005
I currently have Enterprise 2000 installed but would like to uninstall and install SQL Server 2005. Are there any problems if I try to reconnect to other SQL 2000 servers or other serious issues I need to consider before doing this change ?   Thanks,...

How to connect SQL Server 2000 in visual studio.net 2005
How can i connect my ASP.NET web application with my sql server 2000. i used visual studio 2003, and there we drag and drop the data adapter and  then a sql connection and then use them in our application. but here we have only sqldatasource or something. so please tell me to make the connection and data retrieval procedure. Kumud Tripathi You can drag a SQL Data Source object onto you web form and select configure data source. This will give you a wizard to connect to a database, and also allows you to set up insert, delete, update statements. You can then use this datasource to...

How to connect to SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 in one computer????
Hi All!!! In my Computer has MS SQL Server 2000(with default Instance) and now I Install MS SQL server 2005(with Instance name: SQL2005 ). Now I want to write Web Application to connect to the both databases (SQL Server 2000 and MS SQL Server 2005), How to Add connection string in my web.config to do it. Help me ??? Thanks & Regards, You can put the two connection strings in the web.config file and use either in your code..***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Hi !!! Thanks for your support !!! Please give me the connec...

SQL Server 2005 error when trying to connect to sql server 2000 database
Hi all.I am working on asp.net 2.0 with back end as sqlserver 2000. but when trying to connect to the database i am getting the following error displayed An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the...

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

Move from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 with VS 2005
 We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connection stringin the Source code and/or Web.config?  My preliminary testing seemed to be not effective.TIA,Jeffrey wonjartran:  We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connectio...

SQL Express

sql server 2005 to sql server 2000
Due to certain unavoidable reasons we have to move an application from sql server 2005 to sql server 2000 (yes from 2005 to 2000).  would changing the connection string be sufficient or are there other issues involved. How hard is it going to be to get it to work? Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Yes you will need to change the connection string!However you must look very carefully at the database structure. Do two script exports of every object in the database - one for SQL2000 compatibility and one without. Compare these two scripts, if they are significantly differe...

Connection string for default instance of SQL Server 2005, on a box also running a named instance of SQL Server 2000
The box I am trying to connect to is running two instances of SQL Server. There is a SQL Server 2005 instance which is the default. There is a SQL Server 2000 instance which is named 'SQLSERVER'.  I can connect to the SQL Server 2000 instance no problem:<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=MYPC\SQLSERVER;database=mydatabase;user id=****;password=****" /> However,  I am having trouble connecting to the Default SQL Server 2005 instance. I have tried: <add key="ConnectionString" value="server=MYPC;database=mydatabase;user i...

Error while establishing a connection to the SQL server 2005
Hi, I had an old web application created during asp.net 1.1 and it have a connection problem with the sql server 2005 when it is mirgrated to a new webserver with dotnet framework 2.0 platform. I have enabled the remote access(TCP/IP and named pipes) in sql server 2005, did all the neccessary things, check whether the TCP/IP is enabled, named pipe is enabled...  I created another web application using VS 2005. The database connection works perfectly well.This are the connectionString from the old web application.<appSettings>    <add key="ConnectionString" value=...

A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate -While creating a SQL SERVER 2005 Stored prodecure in VS.NET 2005
 Running [dbo].[insertlogin] ( @log = hiten, @pas = hiten ).A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "insertlogin": System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Must declare the scalar variable "@Log".System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionSmi.EventSink.Pro...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

connecting to SQL 2000 Server gives SQL 2005 error message
Hi, Here is the syntax of the connection string within the web.config file:<connectionStrings><clear /> <add name="MyConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=000.000.000;Initial Catalog=Database Name;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=XXXXXX;Password=XXXXXX;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> </connectionStrings>  The test page has a GridView in it which uses the connectionstring fron the web.config file. Error Message: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecti...

Attach SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net
Is there any way to attach a SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net?  If so can you also set security? Can you rephrase your question? Attach SQL DB from which version of SQL server ? Look up books online for sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have a DB that was created in SQL Server 2005.  I have a website that displays data from systems all over the world.  Each system sends it's data to it's own DB.  The customer can then go to a website and see the data at real time.  What ...

Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
Hi All, i am using tha conncetion string in web.config. <add name="MyLocalSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SqlExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\SqlServer\OC00003SQL.mdf;User Instance=false" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>  Instance=false and true both i have used  but i am getting error like that. on my web hosting site  Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Serv...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #4

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)   <sessionState mode="SQLServer"sqlConnectionString="data source=LHX00CNU7401SQG\Session; integrated security=true"/>   I have done all the settings: --> enabling the protocols --> Starting teh SQlbrowser but still no luck. Pleas...

Web resources about - Urgent, Dot Net 2005 cannot connect to SQL server 2000 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Connect Four - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Connect Four (also known as Captain's Mistress , Four Up , Plot Four , Find Four , Fourplay , Four in a Row and Four in a Line ) is a two-player ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

Kinvey Connects Mobile Apps To Facebook’s Open Graph
Facebook’s open graph technology is great for Web applications that want to better connect with users through the social network. But what about ...

Feature Request: 7 ways Apple Music Connect could be improved
... two years later . This year, alongside the announcement of the highly anticipated Apple Music streaming service , the company launched Connect, ...

'People v. O.J. Simpson' connects dots from L.A. to Ferguson, Baltimore
The White Ford Bronco. The darkening of O.J. Simpson 's face on the cover of Time magazine. Attorney Johnnie Cochran holding up the blood-soaked ...

Morocco Connects First Unit of Giant Noor Solar Complex to Grid
The first phase of North Africa’s largest solar-power complex was connected to the grid in Morocco, with a generating capacity of 160 megawatts. ...

Qualcomm’s New LTE Gigabit Modem Will Make Phones Very Fast… If It Ever Gets A Network To Connect To
... powers the majority of Android phone brands, including Samsung, LG, Nokia, Motorola, and HTC handsets. They also have a reach into most connected ...

NYC mayor wants a streetcar to connect Brooklyn and Queens
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio is once again trying to make an impact on transportation but this time it's with streetcars, not taxi apps. ...

How to Immediately Connect With Anyone
Too many people succumb to the mistaken belief that connecting with people is an innate skill that belongs only to the lucky few

How Donald Trump Is Using Daughter Ivanka to Help Him Connect With Female Voters
How Donald Trump Is Using Daughter Ivanka to Help Him Connect With Female Voters