unable to connect remote connection

Server Error in '/Dive' Application.

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

this is the error message I found when I run my asp.net application and the connection string as follows:

<add key="ConnectionInfo" value="Server=(local);Database=Dive;Trusted_Connection=yes;" />

can someone tell me how to connect and how to specify username and password in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition..........

I'm a little bit new on VWD 2005 I need an assistance on it.

0
sharkydiver

Turn ON (enable) the remote connection from SQL Server 2005 Surface Area Configuration. -> Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections. Then from left side, click on Remote Connection, then select Local and Remote Connection.

If the message still appear after that step, then it might be a firewall issue (disable your personal firewall) and it should work.

I tried that one my firend machine.

Good luck.

Regards,
CS4Ever
This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will ALL know you have been helped.
This will help me, you and others.
0
CS4Ever
9/26/2007 4:28:14 AM

Sorry man it doesn't make any sense I tried this before thanx.... but do you have any solution???

0
sharkydiver
9/28/2007 6:05:42 PM

sharkydiver:

Sorry man it doesn't make any sense I tried this before thanx.... but do you have any solution???

My prevous post make sense, and as I wrote: I tried that one my firend machine and it worked just fine.

Are you using this from home PC or network (e.g. at work)?

Regards,
CS4Ever
This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will ALL know you have been helped.
This will help me, you and others.
0
CS4Ever
9/29/2007 1:09:46 PM
the connection string as follows:

<add key="ConnectionInfo" value="Server=(local);Database=Dive;Trusted_Connection=yes;" />

Hmmm, i would suggest you changing your conneciton string to the following format:

 <add name="constr name"
            connectionString="Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=YourDBName;Integrated Security=True"
            providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

Hope my suggestion helps

Bo

Unable to connect to a remote SQL 2008 express database through vs 2008 Data Connections
Hello, I just resently installed SQL 2008 express on a remote computer and enabling Named Pipes and TCP/IP under SQL Server Network Configuration. I also started SQL Server Browser. When trying to connect to a database using the Add Connection DialogBox in VS2008, I enter "MyComputerName\SQLEXPRESS" and then proceed to connect to database dropdown list. The only available database is master, msdb, and tempdb. If I manually enter the database name I want to connect to and press the Test Connection button, I receive an error: This connection cannot be tested because the sp...

Remote connections work, Local connections don't !!!! This failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
This is really weird.  I am develping a web site on my local box pointing to a remote database.  It all works fine. Then, I migrate the site to that remote server (running IIS and SQL Server 2005), so that the site and the DB are now on the same server.. the SAME server on which the database resides to which I can connect from my local dev box.... and the connection does not work!!!!   This is the connection string I am using:<add name="MyConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=xxx.xxx.xx.xx;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;User Id=xxxx;Password=xxxx...

SQL Remote Connection not being seen, though remote connections allowed
HiI'm going insane.I have a club starter kit on my local server which is working fine.I have migrated the database to my remote host and seems to have transfered ok.For a brief period I was able to connect to the database remotely, but now I cannot I get the following, even though SQL Server Surface Area Config is set to accept remote connections.An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Pr...

SQL Express

new thread unable to connect sql server 2005 giving user is not associated with trusted sql server connection
Hi everyone,I am a bit new to .NET and IIS 5.0-6.0. We are developing Web Application, developers having loacal IIS 5.1 and SQL server 2005 on same machine, web.config have connection string with <connectionString="Data Source=D103A;Initial Catalog=enRouteV3.SLM;Integrated Security=True"> and on IIS, the virtual directory has "Directory Security" setting as "Intergrated Windows Authetication". It was working OK. When DB server and IIS moved to two different machine, not in common domain, infect both are independent...

When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections
When my default.aspx page loads I get this error for the connection to my SQL 2005 DB.    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) I have already gone to Surface Area Configuration to ensure that Remoting with both Named Pipes or TCP/IP is enabled and it's set to both for remoting.I verified tha...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
I have the following problem with all the web services clients I created. What could be wrong? The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. Source Error: Line 35: [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAtt...

underlying connection was closed:unable to connect to remote server
I have been receiving this exception for over a week with a .NET remoting app and can't find a solution anywhere that works.  Below I'll paste my config files and the client code calling the remote method.  I'd really appreciate some assistance. The Server code and files are on a remote server within our facility and have been told more than once there is no firewall between my workstation and it.  So firewalls are out of the question as the source of the problem.  I assume its somewhere in my config files but I've tried everything I've seen on the net. I receive the Net...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server
Hi, I am getting this error message.I am using myWebClient.OpenRead(uriString) method. Stack Trace is     Accessing http://www.amfiindia.com/portal/upload/downloadnav.txtException  The underlying connection was closed:  Unable to connect to the remote server.stackrace at System.Net.HttpWebRequest. Here is my code private void Button2_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { try { // Create a new WebClient instance. // Just file reader WebClient myWebClient = new WebClient(); // Download home page data. string uriString="http://www.amfiindia.co...

Remote Connection error while connecting to sql express database
Hi (1)  I am building application using asp.net 3.5 and sql server 2005 express as database (2) I am writing database logic in seprate dll in which I used typed dataset and TableAdapters(3) I have deployed this applicaiton in IIS(4) I have written down connection string in web.config in application and settings file in DLL project and both connectionstrings are identical(5) In login page I am filling combo using SqlDatasource , which fetch Connectionstring from web.config file and its working fine  (6) But the problem when I call any function from dll which access ...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server
I am writing a valid link checker but get an error of "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server" It seems to only happen if there is a www in the link. What is the best way to approach this Dim httpReq As HttpWebRequest = CType(WebRequest.Create(strLinkURL), HttpWebRequest) httpReq.AllowAutoRedirect = False httpReq.Proxy = System.Net.GlobalProxySelection.GetEmptyWebProxy() httpReq.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials ...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
Hi guys, I have problem with the above HTTP response while trying to post a request from one aspx (from A site) to another aspx page (at B site) which is hosted at the same web server. Which particular area should I pay attention to ?? Thanks ictie...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server
 I`m getting the error: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.] System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() +677 System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +74 System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +233 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +105 myapp.myapp.Login(String User, String Password) myapp.WS.WS_Test.RUN_Login.Page_Load(Object sender,...

Underlying connection was closed. Unable to connect to remote server.
The subject is the error i get when i try to consume my webservice from my web application running on a machine outside of our firewall. Inside everything works like a charm. The machine that runs the web app is a windows 2000 server which uses a proxy. I can connect to and get information from my webservice through a browser without any problems. When i try to do it programatically from inside my webapp it fails. I found a few suggestions of things to try such as: modifying machine.config file to include the address of the proxy like so: <proxy usesystemdefault="f...

Web resources about - unable to connect remote connection - asp.net.sql-datasource

The Direct Connection

Don’t Let Great Content Fall on Deaf Ears: Know your Connection Strategy
... via employee newsletter when it should have come through small-group manager meetings All of these and more are the result of a faulty connection ...

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...