Transfer tables and other contents from access database to sql database

Hi All,

can anyone please help me to transfer tables and other contents from access database to sql database? I have access database file, can I also directly convert it into a sql database file?

0
mavericky

You can upsize your Access database to an SQL Server database (In Access, Tools>>Database Utilities>>Upsize Wizard.... follow the screen.

Or you can use SQL Server's Import and Export wizard to import your access database to SQL Server.

You cannot convert your Access database file to SQL Server data file directly.

Limno

0
limno
4/10/2009 5:42:50 PM

 Read this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237980

or download and install Sql server migration assistant for access

http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2005/en/us/migration-access.aspx

Don't say thanks rather mark my reply as "Answer" if it helps you ,Doing so u'll get points too
amiT jaiN

C#.NET Articles
0
amit

Move a Table from one SQL 2005 Database to Another SQL 2005 Database
I created a table in an SQL 2005 database, however, I want to move that table and the data to another SQL 2005 database (within the same server). I am new to SQL 2005 and detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill You have two options the first is clean but the second is easier.  Try the links below for details.  Hope this helps. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174335.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188029.aspx  Kind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks, but the documentations is somewhat overwhelming and was hoping of a ba...

I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio
I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio When I change any data on mentioned table above, Red exclamation sign appears left of the record . How can I correct this problem?  Thanks. Try running the UPDATE via Query Analyzer...and see if you get an error.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

New errors access MS SQL Server Database on (CREATE DATABASE and Batch SQL Statement)
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C2F2CB.0C201FF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running ActiveState perl 5.8.0 on a WIN2K box with MS SQL Server = 2000. Recently I updated DBD-ODBC to v1.05 and DBI to v1.35 Now I get the following errors executing some sql commands CREATE SQLSTMT:[CREATE DATABASE POMS_SER ON (NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_DAT', = FILENAME =3D 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_SER_Data.MDF', SIZE =3D 10MB) LOG ON = ( NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_LOG', FILENAME =3D = 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_S...

Link FoxPro Database table to SQL Server Database table
I have LAN Server in witch Visual Foxpro Database reside.I have another remote server in witch SQL Server 2005 installed.I want to link Foxpro table to SQL Server Database Table.Is it possible? Can please someone help? Thanks MS...

Access Database and SQL Server database
Hi, I have an access database server and a sql server DB. The  Structure of both DB is same . The data is updated or inserted in access DB. I want to update SQL Server DB on a any event say button click. All updated data or new data in access DB should be reflected on SQL Server DB . Can anyone guide on the approach to be attempted. Thanks   Mark this as an answer if you find my it helpful.Thanks,Anubhuti ONe approach would be to use the System.Data.OleDb library and store connection strings for each database in your web.config file.  Each time you need ...

Converting Access database to the Sql Server database
how can I convert or transfer my Access database to SQl Server database ? Thanks in advance.HighOnCodingWanna get high! Try "the Upsizing wizard". Look in Access help...

updating Sql database from linked Access database
I got thrown into a new project that is going to require me to update an SQL server database tables from an Access table on the backend of an Oracle database on another server. At the end of each day the Access dabase will be updated from the Oracle database. What I need to do, is when the Access database is updated I need to have the table in the SQL database automaticaly updated. When a new record is added to the Access table I need the new record added to the SQL table. When a record is deleted in the Access table I need to keep that record in the SQL table and set a field to a value (...

migrate access database to sql anywhere database
I am having trouble migrating a Microsoft Access database to SQL Anywhere database. Has anyone done this? I would like to use this database in sql anywhere to utilize the native drivers. Thankyou in advance david You can use the pipeline to migrate all tables. If you have a tool like Powerdesigner, you can reverse engineer the database structure. BTW, SQLAnywhere uses ODBC. There are no native drivers. Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) David Bowles <davidb@goodnet.com> wrote in article <34738A77.2C758640@goodnet.com>... > I am having trouble migrating a Microsoft ...

How can I update a SQL database with an Access database
I need to update an SQL database with an access database that is built on queries.  I need to do this nightly.   Can someone explain how to write the query for this and then I could add it to my nightly maintenance.   Thank you DeeDarlene D. Murphydeemurphy_us@yahoo.com you can reference your Sql Database through Access either with linked tables or ADO.  As long as you have update rights on the Sql Tables, you can use your Access queries to update the Sql tables.Good Luck and happy programming!Let's build community! If my post helped you, mark it as the Answ...

Conversion of a DNN Access database to SQL database
We have an Access version of the Dot Net Nuke database. We are upgrading to a server with SQL. We'd like to transfer the content from the Access database to the SQL database. Is this possible? Is there a utility available for this conversion. What should we be aware of as we try this? Take a look at http://www.freelance.supertoddler.com/Default.aspx?tabid=37 Rob Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads. TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily Thank for your excellent process! I was able to successfully move the data. ...

How to create SQL Mobile 2005 database from a MS SQL 2005 database?
Hi guys,I'm trying to find solutions to help me in creating a SQL Mobile 2005 database from a SQL 2005 database, with the same table structure and data.May I know how can I achieve this?Thanks.Regards,Jenson Hi Jenson, Visual Studio 2005 or SQL Server 2005 is able to open SQL Mobile 2005 database. However you need either SQL or .NET code to convert SQL Mobile 2005 database this way. Here is an example from MSDN forums which is to convert to xls instead: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=78640&SiteID=1Zhao Ji MaSincerely,Microsoft Online Community Suppo...

How do you transfer a database from SQL Express to SQL Server 2005?
Hello, On the web site for MS SQL Server 05 Express the description at the top of the page says, "Transfer any database created in SQL Express to other editions of SQL Server 2005." http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/powerful/ How do you transfer a database from SQL Express to SQL Server 2005? I am creating a data-driven web site using Visual Web Developer 05 Express, SQL Server 05 Express and MS SQL Server Management Studio Express. My host uses SQL Server 2005, ASP.net 2.0, and FrontPage extensions. Thanks for your help. You can just do a schema export and then [if you hav...

Can you convert access database data over to an SQL Database?
I would like to start using SQL, how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? Q.Xykal:how would I convert my data in MS Access over to an SQL Server Database? In Access, there is an upsizing/conversion tool you can run to create an equivalent SQL Server DB.Atlernatively you can also use SQL Server to import all the tables/data from Access.  This is very good news. Thank you....

Web resources about - Transfer tables and other contents from access database to sql database - asp.net.sql-datasource

Talk:Asynchronous Transfer Mode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Computing , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of computers , computing , and information ...

Zimbabwe's Kevin Pietersen? Australian players' chief suggests cricket transfer system
... aimed at enriching Test cricket around the globe. The head of Australia's players' union has made a radical proposal to introduce a transfer ...

Netgear accidentally published a guide showing its customers how to transfer pirated movies
Computer hardware maker Netgear has accidentally published a guide on its website that teaches users how to transfer illegal pirate movies to ...

PSA: Killer Instinct is Cross-Buy on PC, so your free Games With Gold download transfers
Microsoft announced that Killer Instinct will feature Cross-Buy with the upcoming Windows 10 version earlier this year, but has since clarified ...

Erick Thohir plays down Inter Milan transfer plans - ESPN FC
Inter Milan president Erick Thohir has told fans not to expect significant spending in the January window.

Manchester United Transfer Targets Muto And Mane Ring Hollow
... Trafford club are seeking to remedy their striking troubles by recruiting one or both of Sadio Mane and Yoshinori Muto during the January transfer ...

Man Files Deed Transfer, Claiming Ownership of Petco Park, Causing Headaches for San Diego
Man Files Deed Transfer, Claiming Ownership of Petco Park, Causing Headaches for San Diego

New regs for Thursday: Visa programs, transfer agents and organic growers
... improvements to its immigrant and nonimmigrant work visa programs, the Securities and Exchange Commission considers new rules for transfer agents ...

Snapdrop is a handy Web-based replacement for Appleā€™s fiddly AirDrop file transfer tool
... might actually be a better choice. It works simply enough: open the Snapdrop Webpage on two devices while on the same network, then transfer ...