Timestamp variable in SQL server 2005 and SQL server express editions!!! Help!!!! #2

Hi,

Can anyone update me whether the 'timestamp' datatype has been changed in the recent release of sql server 2005 or sql server express?? In previous versions it is generating a unique number or row version...it was told that they will be updating 'timestamp' variable to contain the value of current datetime as the word 'timestamp' actually means.

Please let me know..

Thanks..
0
ruchir

Timestamp variable in SQL server 2005 and SQL server express editions!!! Help!!!!
Hi, Can anyone update me whether the 'timestamp' datatype has been changed in the recent release of sql server 2005 or sql server express?? In previous versions it is generating a unique number or row version...it was told that they will be updating 'timestamp' variable to contain the value of current datetime as the word 'timestamp' actually means. Please let me know.. Thanks.. ...

upgrading from sql server 2005 express edition to sql server 2005 express with advanced services
If i have been using sql server 2005 express for developing my application and i decide to upgrade to sql server 2005 express with advanced services while still working on the same application, what will happen to my  application's database. Can i be able to continue with my work with out any major regrets.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I have answered you in this other thread there is no problem, if there is a problem I would have warned you.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/...

Confliction between SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,   My objective is using a single DB file (mdf file)  + SQL Server Express 2005 to run my program   I got two softwares here, Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. Firstly, I installed Visual Studio 2005, normally the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition will be installed with this software. After finishing the installation. I opened a new project and try to open a DB file (.mdf) from Visual Studio 2005, it works. The problem is that I can't restore the mdf file from an old database file since it lose a lot of functions that appear in SQL Server 2000 / SQL Server 2005. ...

Sql Server 2005 Express or Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition
Hi all, I just installed my VS 2005 Pro (full installation) and it installed Sql Server Express 2005.  I also have a CD for Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition which I have not installed yet.  My need for Sql Server on my development machine is for building and testing apps - just myself - no users will be hitting my sql server on my PC.  Most of the time I hit my web server's sql server but also want the engine on my PC for when I'm offline. Question: Should I install the developer edition and remove sql server express?  Doesn't the developer edition more close...

SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,Can SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition installed in a same machine. Will there be any conflict?Regards,Swami Sure they can exists on the same machine. Generally speaking there won't be conflict. The only conflict I have encountered came with SQL2000 named instance: after install SQL2005, the anonymous service on UPD 1434 port (used by SQL2000 to find out named instance) may fail to start, if the "SQL Server Brower" service is not started; so connection may fail to find out SQL2000 named instance. In this case you can just start the "SQL Server Brower" ser...

Converting from SQL server 2005 back to sql server express edition?
Hi folks,I was working on MS sql server 2005 evalution where i have built a number of databases. However, i came to discove that the evalution version has expried before i finished my work. Now i have disinstalled the sql server 2005 and installed the Sql express edition.My concern here is how can i keep my databases so they can work with sql express edition?Thank you very much in advance. Since you dont have the option of backup and restore, what you can do is attach the databases. Find the .mdf files of your database in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data ( replace w...

SQL Server Express and SQL Server 2005
can any one tell me what the main differences are in the two editions? also can you use and express 2005 edition database on sql 2005? if not how would you do that? Tuppers Look here for a detailed comparison between the two.Yes, you can use Express databases on SQL Server 2005. Just attach it to an instance of SQL Server 2005.Is this enough information?DonDon Kiely, MCP, MCSDIn the Last Frontier, Interior AlaskaPlease post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone definitively answers a question or resolves a problem! cheers i was told by my host t...

Moving SQL Server 2005 Database to SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi, I have SQL Server 2005 in my Development machine but the hosting server has only SQL server 2005 Express. I was wondering if I develop the DB in SQL server 2005 would be able to move/deploy it to SQL Server Express in the production server? If so how? Can I just generate the script and then run it on the productions server? Or there is a better/easier way? Thanks in advanceShuaib----------------------- I don't anticipate any problems creating database in SQL Server 2005 and moving it to Express. If you need to generate the script to create an empty shell (no d...

Web resources about - Timestamp variable in SQL server 2005 and SQL server express editions!!! Help!!!! #2 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Evening Edition
New news site from my pals at Mule Design: The perfect commute-sized way to catch up on the day’s news after a long day at work. Smart, concise, ...

Java Platform, Micro Edition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Java Platform, Micro Edition , or Java ME , is a Java platform designed for embedded systems ( mobile devices are one kind of such systems). ...

As It Happens: Thursday Edition
Thursday, December 17th 2015

Autumn travel post, penultimate edition: Sailing around the Canary Islands
To begin to wrap up my photo travelogue, we sailed from Morocco out to the Canaries, about 60 miles west of Morocco. We visited Lanzerote, Gran ...

Dealmaster: Get a 32GB Moto X Pure Edition unlocked smartphone for $349
... of new deals to share with you, including a deal on one of the newest smartphones to come out in 2015. Now you can get a Moto X Pure Edition ...

Microsoft warns of 'diminished experience' in Office 365 on IE's soon-to-be-obsolete editions
Microsoft has deployed a new tactic in pushing users of older versions of Internet Explorer (IE) to upgrade, telling Office 365 customers that ...

Fun With Guns: You Butt Edition
Okay, if I ever get accidentally shot in the butt, please keep it as low key as this. Here’s the entire story . It’s Gary, Illinois. GARY - ...

OnePlus Reflects on 2015, Announces OnePlus X Champagne Edition
... that his company will still be, “unapologetically OnePlus.” Deep within the blog post at this point, Pei announced a special Champagne edition ...

10 Great Gifts For Travelers: 2014 Edition
10 Great Gifts For Travelers: 2014 Edition

TI Releases New Edition Analog Engineer’s Pocket Reference
... to do that), but the free download is well worth the effort. The document’s been around for awhile, but TI recently released a new 4th edition. ...