When I connect SQL Server 2005 to a remote database i get the error: "This version of Microsoft Sql Server Management Studio can only be used to connect to Sql Server 2000 and Sql Server 2005 servers".

Can I confirm it is because: the remote db is of SQL Server 2008?

There is a soln mentioned in http://forums.asp.net/t/1324047.aspx

Did anybody try this (installing 2008 express: http://www.microsoft.com/express/sql/download/)? I am just checking again, whether it will disturb my existing SQL Server installation, in any means...?

Though it is mentioned that it will go smooth nobody comments how it gone...

Please comment if anybody tried this.... Thanks
1
shinektym

SQL Server Management Studios are only ever backwards compatible. They never work when connection to versions of the SQL server engine newer than the version they were designed to work with. Suggest updating management tools to version 2008.

The AgentQuote development team...

Now bringing the UK a brilliant conveyancing quote comparison service!
-1
agentquote

Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express?
Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express? I always get a error code 18456 when I try to connect to SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express. I'm sure I enter correct username and password!SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator The answer is yes its possible but it depends on the security configuration of the remote server.Hope it helps,Joe http://www.joeaudette.comhttp://www.mojoportal.com oh wait. I don't have the Express...

Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?
Hi,Can I use SQL 2005 Management studio to connect to SQL 2000 server?   You certainly can!I only use SQL 2005 Management Studio for accessing all my 2000/2005 instances/databases. ...

Connecting to SQL Server 2000 with SQL Server 2005
I currently have Enterprise 2000 installed but would like to uninstall and install SQL Server 2005. Are there any problems if I try to reconnect to other SQL 2000 servers or other serious issues I need to consider before doing this change ?   Thanks,...

Can I use Bugzilla with Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 as backend Database
I have Just Successfully installed Bugzilla My installation are Bugzilla 2.2 Apachec Webserver ActivePerl 7.8 Mysql 5.0 Now I like That My Database should be Sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 Can I do that [As I also see that I required some Perl module of Mysql as well] ...

Is Microsoft free* elearning for Sql Server 2005 useful for learning SQL Server 2000?
I'm working towards MCAD and as elective I want to do the SQL Server course. The exam is on SQL Server 2000.  I was just wondering whether the online course that Microsoft currently have a available for free at https://www.microsoftelearning.com/sqlserver2005/default.aspx would be useful and applicable to SQL Server 2000, or whether it is sufficiently different product to make it confusing to use this as a learning resource. Also if anyone can point me toward any webcasts for SQL Server that would be great. I listened to Fritz Onion's 15 part series when I studied  for my ASP...

Managing Data between SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005
Hello, I have SQL Server 2000 and 2005 running on the same server. My current system is in SQL Server 2000 and the new system is in SQL Server 2005. My users will be using SQL Server 2000 for the most part,  But for the part the processes that have been migrated to 2005, they will be using SQL Server 2005 as well. The database schema is different on both servers eventhough the data will be similar in most respects. Is there is a way through which any data that is inserted/updated in SQL Server 2000 via content Management System/ manually/ via a batch job, the data is automatical...

If my SQL Server Mangement Studio can connect to my SQL server...
Then does that mean my server is on? Cause when I try to connect to the server it says it doesnt exist or access denied. How can I fix this problem?  I think something might be wrong with the protocol or something of the sort, I know its connecting through the TCP/IP, or atleast should be, its on port 1433. Is this port correct?...

Using Visual Studio 2003 with sql server 2000 and planning to switch to sql server 2005
We have a project already developed iusing VS 2003 Enterprise architect edition using sql server 2000(have lots of table and stored procs etc.) Now planning to switch to Sql server 2005 are there any issues associated with the switch.   I mean front end programming wise asp.net and vb.net front end codes do they work straight away or need to make any changes to all the front end codes, we are using datasets, data readers calling stored procs and also using lot of hash tables and XML object to make bulk loads to sql server via sqlxml3.0 sp3. Please help thank you very much for the in...

How to create a data diagram in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio for a SQL Server 2000 database
Hello: I have an old database created in SQL Server 2000, now I can open, access it in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, but I can't create Data Diagrams. Please advise on how to make it work.... Thank you Expand the database folder in Object Explorer and the first folder under the databases is the "Database Diagrams". Right click -> New database diagram.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Thank you for replying :)  but that only works for database created in SQL Server 2005, my database is created in SQL Server ...

sql server 2005 to sql server 2000
Due to certain unavoidable reasons we have to move an application from sql server 2005 to sql server 2000 (yes from 2005 to 2000).  would changing the connection string be sufficient or are there other issues involved. How hard is it going to be to get it to work? Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Yes you will need to change the connection string!However you must look very carefully at the database structure. Do two script exports of every object in the database - one for SQL2000 compatibility and one without. Compare these two scripts, if they are significantly differe...

Web resources about - This version of Microsoft Sql Server Management Studio can only be used to connect to Sql Server 2000 and Sql Server 2005 servers - asp.net.sql-datasource

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

M&C Saatchi Sells 30% of London Agency to Management Team
... particularly after the agency bought digital shop Lean Mean Fighting Machine in May 2014 and integrated some of its founders into the management ...

HuffPost Management Recognizes Union
Management of The Huffington Post has voluntarily recognized Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) as the union representing its editorial staff. ...

Time Zone Management
I spent last week in Utah on Mountain Time and I found myself booking meetings in Europe, NYC, and the Bay Area regularly. I am certain that ...

Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Stake Boosted by Cardinal Capital Management
Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Stake Boosted by Cardinal Capital Management Beanstockd Cisco Systems logo Cardinal Capital Management increased ...

The Grand Strategy of Rising Superpower Management
[Munk School Trans-Pacific Partnership Conference:][a] Geopolitics Panel **Revised and Extended:** I could now talk about the risks of the Trans-Pacific ...

Yahoo employees are getting fed up with management, data shows
... show that employees love Yahoo, but not the people running it. Pros: smart people, free food, and work environment. Cons: senior management, ...