Stored Procedure that fetch each row of a table and update rows in another table

I am working with the following two tables:

Category(NewID,OldID)
Link(CategoryID,BusinessID)

All fields are of Integer Type.

I need to write a stored procedure in sql 2000 which works as follows:

Select all the NewID and OldID from the Category Table
(SELECT NewID,OldID FROM Category)

Then for each rows fetched from last query, execute a update query in the Link table.

For Example,

Let @NID be the NewID for each rows and @OID be the OldID for each rows.
Then the query for each row should be..

UPDATE Link SET CategoryID=@CID WHERE CategoryID=@OID

Please help me with the code.

Thanks,
anisysnet
0
anisysnet

UPDATE
   Link L
SET
   CategoryID=C.NewId
FROM
   Category C
WHERE
   L.CategoryId = C.OldId

***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar

Stored Procedure
I wish to select all post from Table Category and the first row in Product table. SQL goes (not working just to show you how im thinking): SELECT Category.CategoryID, Category.Title, TOP (1) Product.ImagePath, TOP (1)  Product.CategoryID FROM Category INNER JOIN Product ON Category.CategoryID = Product.CategoryID GROUP BY Category.CategoryID, Category.Title Thanks for your help!  SELECT Category.CategoryID, Category.Title, Product.ImagePath,   Product.CategoryID FROM Category crossJOIN (select top 1 * from  Product ) PGive a man a fish and you feed him for ...

Update a rows in one table for each row in other table
Hello all, i am a newbie in SQL and i want to ask for your help in order to do the following update statement. I have a table tblUsers which holds all the users, one of the fields in their GroupId. In the UserGroup table i have a field "UsersCount" and in that field i want to keep the number of the users in that group. Basically i want everytime i am saving a user to recalculate the users in all usergroups. I am trying to have something like:SELECT User_GroupId, count(User_GroupId) as UsersCount FROM tblUsersWHERE DeletedFlag = 0 GROUP BY User_GroupId and then:"FOR EACH" User_GroupIdUPDAT...

Update row in Table A from row in Table B
Hello, I have 2 tables.... table A and table B. Ok, In a stored procedure, I pass in an int value @ID I want to get the row from Table B WHERE ID =@ID....and then UPDATE the Row in Table A that has the same ID...with the values from table B. Table A ID | Col1 | Col2 ----------------------- 2 a a Table B ID | Col1 | Col2 ----------------------- 2 b b I would like to update A.Col1 with B.Col1 and A.Col2 with B.Col2 Can someone help me out with this syntax? Thanks a lot. update tableA ...

Select rows from a table based on multiple rows of another table
I am working in a database associated with our scheduling package and I am trying to select rows in one table based on multiple rows in another table how ca I do this. Here is an example. ...

Select rows from a table based on multiple rows of another table #3
I am working in a database associated with our scheduling package and I am trying to select rows in one table based on multiple rows in another table how ca I do this. Here is an example. ...

Deleting rows from one table based upon rows in another table
I need to delete rows from table1 based on rows in table2. table1 has 1.5 million rows from which I need to delete 20,000 existing in table2. The table structures are the same and I must exactly match 10 (of the 15) columns in the tables. I also need to limit the number of rows being worked on, in a single transaction, to 500 or so. Hi Mike, try the following: set rowcount 500 DELETE table1 from table1 t1,table2 t2 where t1.col1=t2.col1 and t1.col2=t2.col2 and t1.col3=t2.col3 and ........ t1.col10=t2.col10 HTH. Regards P:S You must re-execute the DML statement above 40 time...

Select rows from a table based on multiple rows of another table #2
I am working in a database associated with our scheduling package and I am trying to select rows in one table based on multiple rows in another table how ca I do this. Here is an example. Sorry technical problems! I am working in a database associated with our scheduling package and I am trying to select rows in one table based on multiple rows in another table how ca I do this. Here is an example. I have a table which holds all of my project info and I have another table which holds discriptive project codes like project type, project category, progect life cycle.So in the pro...

Select rows from a table based on multiple rows of another table #4
I am working in a database associated with our scheduling package and I am trying to select rows in one table based on multiple rows in another table how ca I do this. Here is an example. ...

Question about inserting a row before the first row of the table ----Stored Procedure
Hi, I have a stored procedure. In the stored procedure, I have a table called "#temp", this table contains 50 rows that I select from other tables. Now I want to insert a row before the first row. How can I do it in SQL Server 2005? Thanks in advance. There is no "order" of rows in a table. You need to define the order with an ORDER BY clause in your SELECT. So have a column with OrderSeq and give it some numbers and order by that column.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Thank you very much, ndinakar, you saved my day....

Is having a trigger that inserts a row in Table 'A', when a row in same table is inserted by ADo.Net code?
I want to insert a row for a Global user  in Table 'A' whenever ADO.Net code inserts a Local user row into same table. I recommended using a trigger to implement this functionality, but the DBA was against it, saying that stored proecedures should be used, since triggers are unreliable and slow down the system by placing unecessary locks on the table. Is this true OR the DBA is saying something wrong? My thinking is that Microsoft will never include triggers if they are unreliable and the DBA is just wanting to offload the extra DBA task of triggers to the programmer so that a s...

Add row to table with table.row.add()
Everytime I click on a button I want to add a tableRow to a table like this:        TextBox TB = new TextBox();                TableCell Cell = new TableCell();        Cell.Controls.Add(TB);        TableRow Row = new TableRow();        Row.Cells.Add(Cell);        table.Rows.Add(Row);It works the first time, but when I click the button again the last r...

Stored Procedure
Searched around for a sample, maybe I missed one?I have an insert statement....INSERT INTO objScores  (objID, studentId, courseId)  VALUES  (   @objID, @userId, @course)  This works fine, but problem is it reads only the first value from the tableDECLARE c_oId CURSOR FOR  SELECT objID  FROM objStructure  FOR READ ONLYThe userID and course will always be the same.But, the objID, there will be many in the table objStructure such as Lesson1, Lesson2..... Lesson19I need it to read all of them, 1 - 19 or whatever the count...

Showing table columns from multiple tables in Formview, but insert/update/delete rows of Master table
I have a page on which I have GridView and FomView control. On selection of a row in GridView the row gets displayed in the Item template of the FormVIew. The values are the result of inner join from multiple tables i.e. table Stock,Product and Workshop.  Please let me know how I could insert/update/delete data for the base table i.e. Stock table, but be able to see the column values from the associated tables on the Itemtemplate,Edittemplate and Inserttemplate of the FormView. Thanks,Anita Hi:   Take a look at this tutorial. It's for DetailsView and same ...

How to change the Rows of the one table to another table
I want's to change the layout of my table at run time on the basis of some of my Setting File[I don't want's to use webpart orwebzones]Suppose I have three Tables with number of rows.[In reality Each row will contain some controls]On Page_Preinit I want's to set the rows of one table to another also want's to change order of the rows.How Can I do that ?  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional/...

Web resources about - Stored Procedure that fetch each row of a table and update rows in another table - asp.net.sql-datasource

Parliamentary procedure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... of the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom , from which it derives its name. In the United States, parliamentary procedure ...

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

&#8203;When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

Old Lady Lawyer: Uncivil Procedure

We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures
We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures by digby I have a new piece up at Salon this morning about police ...

Catholic hospital allowed to deny sterilization procedure, judge says
Hospital in California argued that the procedure known as ‚Äčtubal ligation would violate its religious freedom

TSA Updates Screening Procedure, Will Mandate Some Passengers Use Full-Body Scanners
... Imaging Technologies, or AIT, in favor of full-body pat-downs by TSA agents. Under the new mandate, not everyone can opt for the pat-down procedure. ...