SQL triggers .net code?

Is it possible to call .net code from an sql trigger?

I have a reporting windows service that cycles through reports stored in my db at a designated time interval.  These reports don't change very often, but I'm forced to load from the database frequently so that when something does change it takes effect quickly.

 So I was thinking that I could put a trigger on the report table, when something changes, I could use .net remoting to reload the service's Reports object model.  That way the effect would take effect right away and I wouldn't have to reload from the database for no reason.

Is this possible with triggers?  If not do you see any alternatives?  Thanks for any advice!

0
BOA_DEV

I think you can create a CLR function in C# but I never try to do it...

mattia

Mattia

If this answered your question, be sure to mark it as the answer.
0
andmattia
6/13/2008 3:29:52 PM

thanks, the code I want to execute references a lot of assemblies.  Would I have to register each seperately on the sql server or is there an easier way?

0
BOA_DEV
6/13/2008 6:22:50 PM

I think you need to register in each SQL server instance.

mattia

Mattia

If this answered your question, be sure to mark it as the answer.
0
andmattia
6/16/2008 12:30:18 PM

 hi

CLR integration need heavy user rights nearly sa in database side..

if u r using this concept (CLR integration) for hosting site means definitely hosting providers wont give u the rights..

so u have to get dedicated server or virtual dedicated server to host..

since u r using window service already..it means i think u r in safe position.. (since window service also need server rights)

 sql server management studio already working in .net framework environment..

so dll reference will be easier one..

refer the link below for some ideas abt CLR integration..

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Development/clrintegration/1967/

happy coding

-- aruvi
0
arunvinoth

Web resources about - SQL triggers .net code? - asp.net.sql-datasource

Trigger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pop Trigger (@PopTrigger) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Pop Trigger @ PopTrigger ...

Combat Trigger: Call of the Modern Shooter Dead Duty 3D on the App Store on iTunes
Get Combat Trigger: Call of the Modern Shooter Dead Duty 3D on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Ghost Heart — chemically decellularized, a scaffolding remains, to trigger a stem cell wash into oriented ...
jurvetson posted a photo: I thought of the xenotransplant potential; they did it for Halloween.

YouTube - Trigger Happy TV - The big phone guy
Hochgeladen am 25.12.2008 Trigger Happy TV is a hidden camera comedy television programme. The original British edition of the show, produced ...

System glitch triggers ANZ card crash
Computer failure cripples Eftpos and credit card services throughout Australia.

Australia v India: Usman Khawaja's call-up triggers club versus country debate
Sydney Thunder are preparing for a must-win Big Bash match on Saturday as if they won't have their star batsman despite the likelihood that Khawaja ...

Jakarta attacks: why Facebook didn't trigger its Safety Check feature
Social networks are one of the first places people turn to for updates in the wake of tragedies. But Safety Check, a much touted Facebook tool ...

'Road rage' triggers Monash Freeway smash
Yelling and tailgating driver in the inbound emergency lane crashed through barrier to collide head-on in outbound lane, witness says.

China halts share trading after 7pc rout triggers circuit breaker
Chinese stock exchanges closed early for the second time this week after the CSI 300 Index plunged more than 7 per cent.