SQL statement problems

Hey gang,

I'm trying to work out why on earth my SQL statement refuses to work. I've tested it on my db within Access, yet working off the website itself, it just refuses to return anything when there should be 7 or so listed.
Can anyone see anything wrong with my statement (warning, it's long):

strConnection = @"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0; Data Source=" + (string) Server.MapPath("GAAP.mdb");
strSqlCommand = "SELECT STUDENT.STUDENT_ID, STUDENT.STUDENT_LAST_NAME, STUDENT.STUDENT_FIRST_NAME, UNIT_STUDENT.STUDENT_EMAIL, UNIT_STUDENT.STUDENT_PASSWORD, UNIT_STUDENT.REGISTERED, ACTIVITY.ACTIVITY_NAME FROM ACTIVITY RIGHT JOIN (STUDENT INNER JOIN UNIT_STUDENT ON STUDENT.STUDENT_ID = UNIT_STUDENT.STUDENT_ID) ON ACTIVITY.ACTIVITY_CODE = UNIT_STUDENT.ACTIVITY_CODE WHERE ACTIVITY_CODE=" + viewByList.SelectedItem.Value + ";";

I have tried having the ACTIVITY_CODE at the end as ACTIVITY.ACTIVITY_CODE and UNIT_STUDENT.ACTIVITY_CODE - neither work.
Cheers,
evlshrtnja
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
0
evlshrtnja

(1) does your query work in the access query analyzer ?

(2) theres an unnecessary "@" symbol in the line :
strConnection = @"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0; Data Source=" + (string) Server.MapPath("GAAP.mdb");
(3) is your activitycode numeric or string ?
hth

***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar
10/6/2004 4:32:28 PM
(1) yes it does.  I've tried it using the Query option in MS Access and it does return values.

(2) really? hmm okay, other connection strings have been using that and they work just fine but i'll try it without
(3) it's numeric in the db
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
0
evlshrtnja
10/6/2004 11:59:30 PM
anyone? :-/

i really have no clue..
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
0
evlshrtnja
10/7/2004 11:38:23 AM
sorry i didnt have a chance to get back with you earlier. can you post the entire code..(just the relevant part)..

***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar

Problem with analytic sql function (The OVER SQL construct or statement is not supported)
Hi All!  Could You comment the next situation:I'm configuring my TableAdapter just like Scott Mitchell does in his tutorialhttp://www.asp.net/learn/data-access/tutorial-70-vb.aspxThe only principal difference is that I need Insert/update and deletemethods to be generated (His aim is only SELECT).I'm also using analytic function (ROW_NUMBER) and I'm also gettinwarning “The OVER SQL construct or statement is not supported.” Yousay then that it could be ignored. But, in this case statements tomodify data (insert/update and delete) aren't being generated, thoughafter w...

SQL Logging SQL Statement
Hi at All!! I use ASA 7 so I'd like to know if there is a way to logging the sql instruction that database server dbsrv7, receive from clients ? I need this because a client that use odbc connection after performing an insert into a table, the client receive the Message: "SQL truncate". I need to know the field on the table that generate this warning!! Thanks in advance Massimo The tool that does this is called "request-level logging" and in V7 you have to enable it from the command line when you start the server, using the -zr (and optionally -zo) c...

SQL Server Problem.(SQL-28000)
------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C12642.735DD1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I'm a newbie here and have a question regarding the use of DBI::ODBC with SQL Server. I've checked the mail archives and seen others with the same problem but have yet to come across the solution. Here's what I'm doing: (note: actual user name and password have been changed here). use DBI; my %attr = ( PrintError => 1, RaiseError => 1 ); $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:ODBC:LocalServer", &...

Problems with SQL statement
Hello all I have the below SQL statement querying my access database. To me the code looks fine and I can't see what’s wrong with it, but when I execute it I get the syntax error message at the bottom of this post. The code is supposed to take input text from a search field and use it to search selected fields in the database. It then returns these where there are matches and where the quantity is = 1. I'm sure the problem is something really simple but all help would be appreciated. The SQL query: ("Select ProductID, ProductName, " _ & "BriefDescription, ...

SQL::Statement problem
I posted a similar message to Jeff directly but I never got a confirmation that he actually received. So let's try here... Firstly, I've found out that RLIKE is broken: sub is_matched { ... if ($op =~ /LIKE|CLIKE/i) { $val2 = quotemeta($val2); $val2 =~ s/\\%/.*/g; $val2 =~ s/_/./g; } If $op i s'RLIKE', and since 'RLIKE' contains the string 'LIKE', the pattern is run through quotemeta(). Also, the SQL operators IS and the LIKE family are case-sensitive, which is contrary to SQL specs if I'm not mista...

SQL Statement problem
I am trying to pull certain information from a database by using the ISQL window, but Powerbuilder keeps locking up when I type the following code, could someone please show me what I'm doing wrong (assuming that all of the spelling is correct)? Thanks!!! SELECT t0.code, t0.billcode FROM billcode t0 WHERE t0.code in (SELECT distinct t1.code FROM app_charges_old t1 WHERE t1.invoice_number IN (SELECT t2.invoice_number FROM invoice_summary_old t2 WHER...

SQL Statement Problem
Hello all, Let's see if we have some pro's out here or not. This could be simple actually, but I don't know how... I have two tables, "Projects", and "Tasks." Now what I am trying to do is list the projects on a page. And I have managed to do that nicely. And, while it's looking, I actually have it open up another recordset inside of that one (which is looping) and have it lookup the tasks status percentage. So, when looking at one record, it looks like this: Projects - ID Title Status 1 Sam...

SQL-Statement problem
Dear all i am having a problem with SQL-Statement-1.005, whereas SQL-Statement-0.1020 is working fine. SQL ERROR: Mismatched parentheses in WHERE clause! SV = RV(0x810cad0) at 0x829105c REFCNT = 1 FLAGS = (PADBUSY,PADMY,ROK) RV = 0x83844e4 DBD::CSV::st execute failed: dbih_getcom handle 'DBD::CSV::Statement=HASH(0x83844e4)' is not a DBI handle (has no magic) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/SQL/Statement.pm line 164. I think i tracked this down to Parser.pm the cleansql routine which skips closing parens, but not the corresponding openings: wa...

A problem about SQL Statement
Hello, I've got a problem about a Select statement with the following criteria: Data Table Key Num1 Num2 A 1 2 A 1 2 A 2 3 B 0 0 B 1 1 C 2 1 C 1 2 I would like to select all row of a key if the (sum of num1 - sum of num2) with that key != 0 In the above case, the outcome would be: A 1 2 A 1 2 A 2 3 Could any body advise what the SQL should be? Many thanks!   Hi,newbie Try Like This I have shown the select query in bold   CReate table Test_Sql ([Key] varchar(20),[Num1] int, [Num2] i...

Problem with IF statement in SQL
 Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here:  CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.AddProductToEnquiry @SessionID int, @ProductID int AS DECLARE @CountProductInEnquiry int SET @CountProductInEnquiry = (SELECT Count(*) FROM Enquiry_Items WHERE SessionID=@SessionID AND ProductID=@ProductID) IF @CountProductInEnquiry = 0 THEN INSERT INTO Enquiry_Items ([SessionID], [ProductID], [Date]) VALUES (@SessionID, @ProductID, GETDATE()) END IF   Cheers,Curt Regards, Curt  Actually I think Ive fixed it. Can someone please conf...

Problem with sql statement
Hi all I've got some trouble with a sql statement. What I have got: 4 Tables 1. tFuel------------------------FuelId | FuelDescription ... 1 | Diesel  2 | SomeOtherKindOfFuel 2. tFuelPrice------------------------GasStationId | FuelId | Price ...1 | 1 | 1.451 | 2 | 1.30 3. tGasStation------------------------GasStationId | GasStationGroupId | Name ...1 | 2 | Millers Gas Station |2 | 1 | Chucky's Gas Station | 4. tGasStationGroup------------------------GasStationGroupId | Name ...1 | BP2 | Shell So, what I want to achive is the following I'd like to show the user a list of all...

Web resources about - SQL statement problems - asp.net.sql-datasource

User:Jimbo Wales/Statement of principles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As we move forward with software and social changes, I think it is imperative that I state clearly and forcefully my views on openness and the ...

Category:Articles containing potentially dated statements from June 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...

CNN’s Brooke Baldwin Calls Ted Cruz Statement ‘B.S.’
CNN has accused the campaign of Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz of making false statements about the network’s reporting on the campaign ...

The Supplicant: Stop Smearing Megyn! Ailes Refuses Donation to Veterans, Tells CNN Statement Mocking ...
The Supplicant: Stop Smearing Megyn! Ailes Refuses Donation to Veterans, Tells CNN Statement Mocking Trump Was 'Satire'

Mall CEO's statement about Amazon opening hundreds of bookstores 'was not intended to represent Amazon's ...
... the CEO of a mall said Amazon was planning to open hundreds of bookstores around the US, the same CEO appears to be backtracking his statement ...

FOMC Statement: No Change to Policy, Uncertain about rise in inflation
FOMC Statement: Information received since the Federal Open Market Committee met in December suggests that labor market conditions improved ...

Cleveland Browns Point To Johnny Manziel’s Release In Statement « CBS New York
The team issued a strong statement Tuesday, condemning quarterback Johnny Manziel's actions and pointing to his release in March, a move that ...

What changed in new Fed statement
This is a comparison of today's FOMC statement with the one issued after the Fed's previous policy-making meeting on Dec. 16.

Dow Jones Industrial Average Falling Today Ahead of Fed Statement
... Today Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average today (Wednesday) forecast an 81-point decline ahead of today’s monetary policy statement ...

Pouting Fox News statement attacking Trump was crafted by Roger Ailes himself
This is glorious. That pouting, childish statement put out by Fox News after Donald Trump bowed out of their next hosted debate? It was penned ...