Sql, Sql express, Access or mysql for data

If this has been discussed before i apologise as i am fairly new to the asp forum and was not sure where to search for threads.

I am upgrading to a new web plan that supports asp and i noticed that godaddy supports all of the above databases.  I was curious if there are any advantages to using one db over the others as far as web is concerned?

What i am looking to do is handle guestbook,  logins for registered users which would control access to certain downloads and possibly pages as well.  And it was also advised that i look into using a database to store and display dynamic information in my master page to only show the updated information instead of a complete new page each time.  This would save on having to manage so many pages.

 So i would really appreciate any advice on the databases as i will be making my decision to go with a specific web host based on this.  I would also appreciate any advice on a good web host for asp and database support.

Thank you
Jeff

www.SRSoft.us
0
js06

First, does the plan support ASP or ASP.NET? There's a difference.  For your app, any will work, depending on how much you want to code.  For the ASP.NET membership functions, you'll need SQL Server, full or Express.  I thought GoDaddy charged extra for Full SQL Server, but if not, that would always be my choice.

Jeff

jeff
3/30/2008 10:11:56 PM

Hi Jeff,

Yes it does support asp.net

I am not completely sure yet if they charge extra for sql server.

So, to do what i want i have to use sql server?

www.SRSoft.us
0
js06

SQL Express to SQL ?
I am developing a site using the express edition of all tools (VWD and SQL Express).  I want to use GoDaddy hosting and was wondering if I will be able to effectively put my SQL database and website up on their hosting even though it was developed via Express edition of Microsoft programs?...

how do i insert data into sql server using data from textboxes and sql connection and sql command
anyone can give me a simple explaination and code.. Thanx in advance Take a look @ Sample Code: How to add...Sushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb There are a lot of tutorials out there, but I know they can be a bit confusing as they all approach things slightly differently. Basically a nice simple version would go like this:' *** First set up your connectionDim conConnection As New SqlConnection("server=servername;database=yourdatabase;uid=yourname;pwd=yourpassword;")' *** This line takes care of your sommand text and command connection in one ...

Deploying SQL Express to SQL Express
I'm trying to deploy my website to a VPS that is running SQL Express 2005. I have developed the site using Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Express 2005. I detached my databases locally and simply used the copy website to upload the databases into my app_data folder on the remote. Connection strings are okay and the ASPNETDB appears to be working okay - but not sure about that at this point in time. The other database that uses stored procedures and transactions works perfectly on my local computer. However on the remote, it gets the error that there are too many parameters for a ...

Migrating data from Sql Express to Sql Server
Hi,Was wondering if someone could tell me how to migrate the tables from SQL Express to SQL Server 2005 Beta?Many thanksWayne Gibson...

Convert SQL Express to SQL server or Access
Is there anyway to convert an SQL Express database to SQL server or Access format? From one SQL Server to another is called moving a database and I have covered all the ways you can do in the FAQ below, sorry I don't use Access but you could use DTS to move it to Access, how to get the limited DTS is covered in the second FAQ.  Hope this helps. http://forums.asp.net/thread/1454694.aspxhttp://forums.asp.net/thread/1458004.aspxKind regards,Gift Peddie...

Porting stuctures and data between sql 2000 and sql express
I'm rather new to .NET framework. I'm currently developing my website using .net v2 beta 2 with sql express. but on my hosting, they only uses ms sql 2000, mysql and access and i'm gonna go for sql 2000 for now. When they starting to support sql 2005, I will use the SQL 2005. So, how can I port the database structure and data among these databases Now Sql Express -> Sql 2000 Later Sql 2000 -> Sql 2005 another thing, how can i make my webapp works with sql 2000, and will my login components works on sql 2000. Thank you bummer...

sql server and sql express
hi do anyone know how can we installer ms sql server 2000 and ms sql express 2005 on the same machine?thnkJust a new programmer try new solution Just install them (better install from local hard disk): install SQL2000 then SQL Express is ok and vice versa. Do you have any problem during the installation?Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38...

SQL Express to SQL 2005
Hi All, I've developed an application and used sql 2005 express. We upgraded the server to sql 2005. How do I get my current database to work on this server.   ThanksDo something out of character each day this week. Change your hairstyle, wear a different colour, show your teeth when you smile, eat chocolate-anything! Just choose to be different because you can! Just attach the .mdf file. Website Design Darlington - http://mdssolutions.co.ukhttp://lessthandot.com - Experts, Information, Ideas & Knowledgehttp://aspnetlibrary.com - An online resource for professional AS...

SQL Express and SQL 2005 ?
I use my SQL Express 2005 on my machine and my friend use SQL Server 2005 on his machine . Does it get any errors when i give my project (my project's database using SQL Express 2005 provider) to my friend ? If it get errors , how can i fix it ? Thanks . Hi, You will need to give him the database file and let him attach it to the server. Also, please let him modify the connection string accordingly. Make sure he's connecting to the right database.Sincerely,Kevin YuMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps ...

Accessing App_Data SQL Server 2005 vs SQL Server Express
  I'm working an exercise from Microsoft Learning ASP.Net.  This exercise has you creating a registration form using the CreateUserWizard.  When I attempt to store the login data, I get the following error messages, which point towards SQL Express.  While I do have Express on my machine, it is not started, I am using SQL Server 2005.(Management Studio).  My web config files all use Data Source/Database = .  or =(local).  I am using the AdventureWorks database, on SLQ Srv2005 and have no trouble accessing it's da...

Migrate Data from SQL Server 2000 to SQL 2005 Server Express
Hello:Does Sql Server 2005 Express support data migration  from Sql Server 2000. Anybody? This is exactly what I need to know too, anyone!?   -- Matthew...

Web resources about - Sql, Sql express, Access or mysql for data - asp.net.sql-datasource

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

PCI Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... standard support hardware I/O virtualization. The PCIe electrical interface is also used in a variety of other standards, most notably ExpressCard ...

Fans, teammates express shock, sadness over death of rugby legend Jonah Lomu - CTV News
Jonah Lomu's huge impact on the game of rugby and his fame, which spilled beyond the sport's traditional borders, was reflected in the breadth ...

Apple Pay goes live in Australia with American Express, loyalty card support coming ‘soon’
... earlier this week in Canada , following the late 2014 launch in the United States. Currently, the service is limited solely to American Express ...

The best place for creatives to express themselves
... with a few fun jokes. But then he passionately went into why Tumblr exists. David wanted to build the very best place for creatives to express ...

San Francisco Sues American Express, Alleging Illegal Restraints On Merchants
Earlier this year, a federal court ruled that American Express violated antitrust laws — resulting in higher costs for consumers — by forbidding ...

American Express bringing Apple Pay to Canada
American Express has reportedly confirmed that AmEx users in Canada will be able to use Apple Pay this week, beginning Tuesday, November 17. ...

Kenneth Branagh Will Direct And Star In Fox’s ‘Murder On The Orient Express’
... forth a new adaptation of Agatha Christie’s definitive mystery novel, tapping Kenneth Branagh to direct and star in Murder On The Orient Express ...