Sql server syntax error during DataTransformationService export..

I am trying to do the DTS export from SQL server 2000 to spreadsheet.Every single time i am getting the error

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL server]Syntax error converting the nvarchar value '1version=9' to a column of datatype int.

it retrieved some row,i can see that in preview but it failed at some row number..So to see the exact row or where its stopping i ran the query under view (Databases->DBname->New->View)

it retrieved some row and stopped at row with custid 1947 .there are 50000 rows in a table..
i changed the query by adding 'AND (dbo.Customer.CustomerId > 1947)'..i changed the  number 1947 to other numbers too..

SELECT     dbo.Customer.CustomerId, dbo.Customer.Email, dbo.ShippingAddress.CustomerId , dbo.ShippingAddress.Country
FROM         dbo.Customer INNER JOIN
                      dbo.ShippingAddress ON dbo.Customer.CustomerId = dbo.ShippingAddress.CustomerId
WHERE     (dbo.ShippingAddress.Country = 1) AND (dbo.Customer.CustomerId > 1947)

i don't see any problem with the rows after 1947 (but obiviously i am missing to notice something!)..but i keep
getting this error and i am not able to proceed at all.Is there any kind of error log i can see??..i am running it on server and not on my local
machine.I would highly appreciate any guidance regarding this.
thanks,

0
nb123

Did you run the query in query analyzer to see if there are any errors?
***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar
10/20/2006 4:21:47 PM
Such syntax error won't be written to SQL ERRORLOG. I suggest you to check the data, find out what's causing the convertion error. For example what's the data type of dbo.ShippingAddress.Country column, and where did the '1version=9' string comd from?
Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese
http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38
0
Iori_Jay
10/23/2006 9:59:53 AM

Thanks a lot for  everyone for the response..it was the bad data...there were 80000 rows in a table and it took me a while to pin point exactly where the bad data were coming from...

0
nb123

wegconfig connectionstring ADODB System.Data.Odbc error is [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'
    <add name="MYADODBCUSTOMERCONNECTIONSTRING" connectionString="Driver={SQL Server};Server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;Database=myDbname;Uid=xxxxx;Pwd=xxxxx" providerName="System.Data.Odbc" />   [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: [Micros...

Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
Hi All, i am using tha conncetion string in web.config. <add name="MyLocalSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SqlExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\SqlServer\OC00003SQL.mdf;User Instance=false" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>  Instance=false and true both i have used  but i am getting error like that. on my web hosting site  Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Serv...

SQL Server 2005 Error, but its SQL Server 2003?
Here is an error we are getting when trying to connect through our websites: .Net SqlClient Data Provider An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)   The server is actually SQL Server 2003.  Windows Update installed a few updates yesterday, so we're thinking that something in the update might be causing this er...

SQl Server Error: ----> Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
  Hi Friends, Im using .Net2008 and MS SQL Server2005, I Have a web application , i want to connect to the server machine SQL Server,  When i run the application im getting the following error. Im trying to connect to the database from local machine application to server machine database   An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Cou...

Why does a simple select query in Microsoft Access return the error [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has
I have applied the information from support document 10447954 but that does not solve the problem. I am running a simple select query with one criteria from one table. Thanks. ...

Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed
I have applied the information contained in support document 10447954. That did not resolve the problem. I am running a simple query with one criteria and one table Thanks. Hi Bill, The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for DirectConnect product) so you might have a completely different problem. The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client Library based) or prior since the message indicates CtLib info. You might want to post more details involved with getting to this error. You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC driver, including Open ...

Problem with SQL Server connection string - provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26
Hi Guys, I am having a wierd problem. The system works perfectly when I am connected to the local network but throws the above error when I disconnect it from the network. Given below are my connectionstrings: integrated security=false;user id=U1;data source=localhost;persist security info=False;password=pwd1;initial catalog=MyDB //connection string to my database Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;User ID=U2;Password=pwd2 //connectionstring to aspnetdb for webparts I have also changed all the providers (SQLMembership, SQLProfile, SQLRole) to use LocalSQLServer and comme...

SQL Server 2005 tools with SQL Server 2000 error
Has anyone run into this error below yet?  I had a SQL Server 200 Database and then I installed the new SQL Server 2005 tools to use for development and now when I load the database over to my production server that has SQL Server 2000  I get this error... (I never got this error before I installed the tools but I know other people that use the tools with SQL Server 2000 and have no problems at all) Server Error in '/ParkingViolations' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this fai...

Connecting to sql server 2000 on Godaddy error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Facts:1. I am using my account on Godaddy trying to connect to my sql server db.2. I can get into my db using user id and password.3. Godaddy's help file shows this for a connection string: connectstr = "Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" & db_server & ";DATABASE=" &db_name & ";UID=" & db_username & ";PWD=" & db_userpassword4. My connection string: "Server=whsql-v09.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;uid=dbasolutions;pwd=***;database=DB_87972;"  & _                    "Trusted_Connecti...

Error using OdbcDataReader.ExecuteReader and Parameters...ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Must declare the variable
This seems to be a common problem but I have not seen any answers yet on this board.   I am porting over to using odbc because I have no choice with my Hosting company,  I was using basically the same code with the SQLDataReader and SQLCommand object and it was fine.  The below code will generate the error.  Help !! Unexpected exception: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Must declare the variable '@Role'.. string sql = String.Empty ;sql = "Select * from Associate where Role=@Role and Exit_Date > @Exit_Date";string connString = getConn...

How to export sql server 2005 express for import on web sql server
Hi,  I'm new to SQL Server 2005 Express and SQL.  I've been using Access for year and have not moved on to asp.net for my website.  I understand from 1and1.com that I will need to imort a backup of my SQL Server 2005 Express file to my on site database. I don't find any way to do that.  Please advise as to how I get the express version to work on my site. Thanks! Leesha Did you install the SQL Management Studio?  In the toolkit... JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future rea...

Relational Tables are not relational after Exported from my sql server to host sql server
hello, I am beginner for asp.net and sql server. I used Sql server manegement studio full version and I exported my aspnetdb which was created by VS2005 to my host sql server. I have a question:  relational tables are not relational no longer. I noticed that when I created database diagram. what is wrong by exporting? thanks for your helps...Amateur Web Designer and Programmer In the Wizard steps are you specifying the keys? this dialog box will come when you uncheck the "Use default options" checkbox and click on options buttonscase when an...

Remote SQL Server error from IIS but not from local, but working with same SQL Server
 I am getting a SQLServer connection error when I try to run my application from the IIS server.  I deployed the application to the remote server using VWD Express 2005 [using the "Copy Web" feature].  I have frontpage extension turned on...which I am not sure if this is the right thing.The SQLServer is coming from the same remote site as the IIS server.   I have successfully  uploaded the databases to the SQLServer 2005  machine.   Then from my development machine I updated the web.config to point to the remote SQL Server 2005 machine a...

Web resources about - Sql server syntax error during DataTransformationService export.. - asp.net.sql-datasource