Sql server or sql client

Hi

I am using sql server 2005 on my machine. But I have no idea whether I am using sql server or client on my machine.

Is there any way to see that

Regards

Karan

Regards
Karan Gupta

For .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visit

http://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main
0
karang

karang:
I am using sql server 2005 on my machine. But I have no idea whether I am using sql server or client on my machine.

It has been a while since I used only the client tools, but if i recall correctly, in ADD/REMOVE programs it does say CLIENT TOOLS so check there.

0
jimmy
4/23/2008 9:44:17 AM

But if don't have admin rights i.e. I can't access Add/Remove program, then is there any other solution

Regards
Karan Gupta

For .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visit

http://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main
0
karang
4/23/2008 10:00:39 AM

karang:
But if don't have admin rights i.e. I can't access Add/Remove program, then is there any other solution

You can try to open query analyser or enterprise manager and go to HELP and ABOUT to see if it tells you in the product description

0
jimmy
4/23/2008 11:00:55 AM

Is there any windows service which can determine whether sql server is running on it

Regards
Karan Gupta

For .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visit

http://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main
0
karang
4/24/2008 4:37:12 AM

Hi

Please reply. Am I not giving the explanation properly.

Regards

Karan

Regards
Karan Gupta

For .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visit

http://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main
0
karang
4/25/2008 3:21:19 AM

Is there any windows service which can determine whether sql server is running on it

Open Control Pannel->Administrative Tools-->Services. If you have installed the database engine (not client connecting tools), one service called sql server would be listed there. And if you are finding onw, probably you have not installed the "server" database yet.

Hope my suggestion helps

Bo
4/29/2008 8:44:16 AM

Hi

 I think you want to say if Sql server service is found then sql server is installed.

Regards

Karan

Regards
Karan Gupta

For .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visit

http://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main
0
karang

How to import excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server from Remote SQL Client
 Hi all, I need to import Excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server machine.this excel sheet can be kept in any where.it may client or server machines.but I need to import it using any SQL client(Remote Client in web) machine.I can do it using  SQL Sever Machine.but it doesn't work using SQL Client  machine.I need to do it using  SQL query.it imported using Import/Export wizard in SQL through SQL Client machine.but it can't using SQL quary.Please tel me how I do this.Following are my code.---------------------------------------------------------------------...

SQL A and SQL Server
Hi I heard SQL Server used to be owned by Watcom is this true? Is SQL Anywhere, therefore, similar to SQL Server? -- Regards, John Not quite true. SQL Anywhere was created by Watcom. SQLServer was created by Sybase, and Microsoft licensed the technology. So MSSQL and ASE have common roots, not SQLAnywhere. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] "John Kingan" <john.kingan@abibuildingdata.com> wrote in message news:40d82aa1$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi I heard SQL Server used to be owned by Watcom is this true? Is SQL > Anywhere, therefore, similar to SQL Ser...

sql server and sql server express
ok i am puzzled right now....i have a web application connecting to a sql server database....i uninstalled sql server express and installed sql server 2005 full version...i changed the connection string in my application to be Data Source=SKYBANDR62;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;Integrated Security=True and through the explorer bar i can access my database freely but when i run my application i get this error Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred while establishing a...

SQL code to stop and restart sql server 2005 and sql agent
Hi. I would like to restore a SQL Server 2005 database from a backup file. The problem is that the users which are using the site, prevent the restore operation from completing. So, I stop the sql server by right clicking the server name in management studio and selecting stop, wait for 3-4 minutes and restart it by clicking start. Then I can restore. So I am looking for code that can do these operations (including the wait). let me just add that I am using a named instance - and I want to stop and restart the instance. Please help, thanks in advance. I found this link http://...

Compiled sql CommandText going from DataSource to sql server
HiI need to know what command text goes to sql server in a compiled (parameterless) formatEx :I have a sql query : "Select  * from table where name=@name"name parameter has value = "bill gates"When I read the e.command.commandtext value in sqldatasource.inserting event, it gives the original command (with parameter @name)In datasource.inserting event, how can I get the compiled version of the command  : "Select * from table where name='bill gates'"please help me Why do you need to get the value?  What do you plan to do with it?Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good...

Deploy SQL Native Client for Microsoft SQL Server
What do I need to deploy besides pbsnc110.dll form Native Client for SQL Server? When I try to connect via OLE DB I have no problems, I only have problems with SNC. On the developers environment I have no problems with either, so I guess it has to do with a DLL I'm not deploying... Regrads, Adrian My bad.. No SQL Native Client Driver installed on the client computer.. Regards, Adrian Galvan "Adri�n Galv�n" <no_spam_agalvan_no_spam_please_at_audisys.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:486ea799$1@forums-1-dub... > What do I need to deploy...

Web resources about - Sql server or sql client - asp.net.sql-datasource

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

CRTC Issues First-Ever Warrant To Take Down Toronto-Based Malware Server 4
TORONTO — The CRTC has issued its first warrant under the federal government's anti-spam legislation to take down a Toronto-based malware server ...

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
Windows Server 2016, not likely to arrive until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating ...

Server shipments, vendor revenue go up in Q3 2015
In the third quarter of 2015, worldwide server shipments grew 9.2 percent from the third quarter of 2014, while vendor revenue increased 7.5 ...

Bloodborne servers taken down for 'emergency maintenance'
An exploit and other "serious issues" have been detected.

PR Guru Working For Clinton Server IT Firm Donated To Hillary’s Campaign
PR Guru Working For Clinton Server IT Firm Donated To Hillary’s Campaign

Inventec achieves major improvement in server orders for 2017
With Intel expected to launch its next-generation server platform Purley in the second half of 2017, vendors such as Hewlett-Packard (HP), Dell ...

Server Files Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Pigalle Restaurant
... restaurant Pigalle is being accused of sexual harassment by a waitress , who says that management implied her jeans were "too much." The server ...

HPE, Dell Stay Atop Growing Global Server Market
Demand for rack systems and growth of hyperscale data centers help drive growth of x86-based systems, according to IDC and Gartner analysts. ...

Many Android apps talk to private servers — and it’s often not clear why
A new report finds that a significant percentage of Android applications engage in covert communication but it's not always clear who they are ...