SQl Server Error: ----> Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server

Hi Friends,

Im using .Net2008 and MS SQL Server2005, I Have a web application , i want to connect to the server machine SQL Server,  When i run the application im getting the following error.

Im trying to connect to the database from local machine application to server machine database

  An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

My WebConfig File is

<connectionStrings>

<add name="NewConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=sqlserverservername.com;Initial Catalog=Test;UID=User;PASSWORD=Pwd;Integrated Security=True;connect timeout=30" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

</connectionStrings>

<appSettings>

<add key="connectionstring" value="Data Source=Sys67;Initial catalog=DB;user id=sa;password=sa;connect timeout=30"/>

</appSettings>

Please Help me to sortout this ISSUe, Its very urgent please

Thanks & Regards,
B.Vidhyashri.,
0
vidhyashri

SQL Server needs a configuration change. Use the SQL Server Surface Area Configuration tool (via Start menu) to allow remote connections (named pipe or TCP) on the SQL Server.

Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem.
0
siva_sm
4/23/2008 11:15:10 AM

GO - My Computer - Click Right - Manage - go to "Services and App" - "SQL Native Client ...." - "Client protocols" - order should be 1. Shared Memory 2. TCP/IT 3. Named Pipes 4. VIA is disabled. First 3 are enabled

Best regards,
Denis Chiochiu

---------------------------------
If you found this useful, please mark it as an answer. Thank you.
0
Denis
4/23/2008 11:18:50 AM

hi siva_sm,

thank you for your post, Please explain more about what i have to change in the configuration..

Thanks & Regards,
B.Vidhyashri.,
0
vidhyashri
4/23/2008 11:55:54 AM

hi Denis,

Thanks for your reply, I have checked out my SQL Native Client Configuration, Its in the Correct Order, 1. Shared Memory 2. TCP/IT 3. Named Pipes 4. VIA is disabled. First 3 are enabled..

But Still im facing facing the same problem.. Any other ways to sortout this Issue

Thanks in Advance

Thanks & Regards,
B.Vidhyashri.,
0
vidhyashri
4/23/2008 11:58:31 AM

Hi Friends,

Im trying to connect to remote Database, We cant make any configuration change in the server machine(Hosting Server). Any other ways to sortout this ISSUE...

Thanks in Advance

Thanks & Regards,
B.Vidhyashri.,
0
vidhyashri
4/23/2008 12:02:48 PM

From the Start menu, select Microsoft SQL Server 2005 | Configuration Tools | SQL Server Surface Area Configuration. Then select Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections link at the lower part of the window (make sure the line above this link shows the SQL Server name you are trying to connect - Configure Surface Area for SQLServerName). On the left tree, navigate to the instance-name -> Database Engine ->  Remote Connections. On the right side, select "Local and remote connections" and select 2nd or 3rd option. Click OK.

Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem.
0
siva_sm
4/23/2008 1:07:19 PM

Try this:

- close your project

- restart your database engine

- restart your project

Best regards,
Denis Chiochiu

---------------------------------
If you found this useful, please mark it as an answer. Thank you.
0
Denis

Connecting to sql server 2000 on Godaddy error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Facts:1. I am using my account on Godaddy trying to connect to my sql server db.2. I can get into my db using user id and password.3. Godaddy's help file shows this for a connection string: connectstr = "Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" & db_server & ";DATABASE=" &db_name & ";UID=" & db_username & ";PWD=" & db_userpassword4. My connection string: "Server=whsql-v09.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;uid=dbasolutions;pwd=***;database=DB_87972;"  & _                    "Trusted_Connecti...

default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi I always get good reply from u all, thank you,  I have copied my asp.net website from one server to another. they administrator made necessary modification on IIS manager . and able to see the website on browser. but now i can't loging to system using old password. I tryed to create new password then also it gives error System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connecti...

this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi ,       I am struck with one issue.Plz help me out if you have any solution for this one. Details Front End - Visual Studio 2005 Back End -SQL Server 2000 (Remote database)  Error i am getting is {System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) &nb...

SQL Server Express Error: Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]
HiI'm a complete sql/asp.net newbie and want to try this tutorial:http://beta.asp.net/GuidedTour/First I installed:Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Beta 2systemsettings\software shows the "sql server 2005 express edition ctp (sqlexpress)" installedmmc\service shows me the SQL Server (SQLExpress) is runningFollowing the guided tour I use the commandline, type cmd, and type in the commandbox: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\SQLCMD90" -S "localhost\SqlExpress"Instead of localhost I also tried computername.smallbusiness.local (thats my fully dom...

provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi all Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to reslve the Connection Issue? Please See this link : http://www.sabapvc.com/lule.aspx Any help greatly would be appreciated. Regards.  Nothing Is Quite Impossible !!! It's dissappeard... for an 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' exception. But with to less information to solve this one “If something can go wrong, it will” Hi friend My problem has been resolved successfully. but still i don't know HOW? Problem was due to My connection string !!! Thank you for spending time ...

(provider: Named Pipes Provider,error: 40
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.  I am getting this error and using this connection string Data Source=192.168.0.100;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Initial Catalog=ENet;User ID=eonline;Password=eonline; What can be solution for this. you check if its firewall issue?James Wu (MIB426).NET is only way to goMCP, MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD see thing is that it is working gud but when my application con...

(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
 Hi guys, does anyone know why I am getting this error w Godaddy, in my local envieronment works fine  "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)" my connection string is: <connectionStrings><add name="xxxxxxx"connectionString="server=p3swhsql-v21.shr.ph3.secur...

provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
One issue has got me stuck while getting to build  an application (ASP.NET).  Whenever I try to connect to SQL Server 2005 (installed on local host) using Visual Web Developer 2005 Databse Explorer, I get the following error message: "An error has occured while establishing a connection to the server. when connection to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - could not open a connection to SQL Server)" NB:  - on SQL Servers' Surface Area ...

provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Hi,    I am working on VS 2005 and using SQL 2005 Express and i am processing excel files and inserting records in data base as i processing starts and almost after processing 600 i got this error provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server. how can i solve that thanx   imran akhtar hafeez Hi manaprime, Please refer to the following comments to solve your problem.     First suggestion is to make sure that you specifiy the instance name as well as the server name (christ k...

aspnet_regsql problems - Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Im currently running Visual Studio 2008 on Windows Server 2008 and I keep running into problems with the aspnet_regsql tool. As Far as I know I've created all the exceptions and added my admin account to all the SQL server groups however I keep running into the same problems. The error is below: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to connect to SQL Server database. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is co...

SQL Express

provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
hi all, Have a gud day to you... the following error was thrown when establishing the connection.. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settingsSQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) i can show some sample code also... Conn.Open()ViewState("ConnectionString") = ConnectionStringPage.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType(), "MyMessageBoxScript&q...

Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
I get this error when I try and log into my SQL Server 2005 database:  "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)" Does any one have solutions please reply. thanks & regards     Priya.  Try this blog post of troubleshooting steps:http://blo...

(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
I've just posted mywebsite andthis error keep being trhrown as soon as I access the DB I dont understand what is going on and if I dont get it working bu today will delivery date will expire and I will get in trouble... So anyone knows what is going on It says the following: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server...

Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
I know a lot of people had this problem and i followed all other member solutions and issues, but none of those helped me. Starting to think its a local problem. Im working with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express edition, on a local project. My problem is that when i press Asp.NET Configuration under VWD, the Web Site Admin Tool is generated and if I press Security i get : There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click...

Web resources about - SQl Server Error: ----> Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server - asp.net.sql-datasource

Police tear open roof to arrest man in connection with stabbing murder
Police have torn open the roof of a Gold Coast home to arrest a man in connection with the stabbing death of 16-year-old Michael Brack.

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...