SQL Server 2005 - Studio Express vs. Visual Studio 2005 install

I'm very confused.  I installed Visual Studio 2005 and thought I understood that SQL Server 2005 came with it, but it appears that it's SQL Server 2005 - Express.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to get Data Transformation Services loaded or the equivalent of DTS in SQL Express?

beejay
0
beejay

I have to say: actually SQL Express, not SQL2005 full version, comes with VS2005. To manage your SQL Express databases much easier, you can download a Management Studio Express from here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/

Then you can use SSIS as DTS in previous SQL versions, you can also use existing DTS packages.

Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese
http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38
0
Iori_Jay

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

VS 2005 SQL SERVER 2005 Express Did not Install
I installed VS 2005 Team Suite Beta 2, during which SQL Server 2005 Express did not install. I downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express and tried to install it alone. I received a message telling me that VS 2005 had left some files, so SQL Server 2005 Express cannot Install. It told me that I needed to run a cleanup wizard found on the CD. I searched the CD and did not find this wizard.Can anyone help me with were to find the wizard or what other steps I might take to fix this issue?Thank you very much,I was able to get SQL Server 2005 Express installed using the cleanup tool http://go.microsoft.c...

VS 2005 SQL 2005 Express and SQL 2005 Developer Edtion
I would like to know if there are any issues having VS2005 with SQL 2005 express and SQL 2005 Developer on the same computer.  I seem to have problem performing a Remote Connection to SQL 2005 Developer.  I  have enable the protocols and enable remote connection but I still have issues conneting. Any tips or help Thanks JulioJulio D....

upgrading from sql server 2005 express edition to sql server 2005 express with advanced services
If i have been using sql server 2005 express for developing my application and i decide to upgrade to sql server 2005 express with advanced services while still working on the same application, what will happen to my  application's database. Can i be able to continue with my work with out any major regrets.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I have answered you in this other thread there is no problem, if there is a problem I would have warned you.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/...

Can't seem to install SQL server 2005? Install completes, but where is SQL Server 2005
I went to one of the Microsoft "Ready To Launch" events over a year ago. Microsoft was gracious and gave everyone who attended a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. I have installed the Visual Studio and use it all of the time. I also installed the SQL server 2005 but I can not find the application on my computer. After the install the only items that appear to have been installed are the following: SQL Server Configuration tools(SQL Server Configuration manager,SQL Server  Error and usage reporting, SQL Server surface area confiuration, Reporting Services configu...

VS.NET 2005 (June) fails to install SQL Express 2005?
Hello, Thanks for reviewing my question.  I have been struggling with trying to install VS.NET 2005 (June) and it fails to install the 2005 SQL Express.  It reports: "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition April CTP x86: [2] Component Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition April CTP x86 returned an unexpected value."  Any advice? I have was able to successfully install the SQL 2005 Server before I installed the VS.NET 2005 June but it complained about the .NET Framework 2.0 because it tried to install it even though it was there.Is there a certain order when ...

Moving SQL Server 2005 Database to SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi, I have SQL Server 2005 in my Development machine but the hosting server has only SQL server 2005 Express. I was wondering if I develop the DB in SQL server 2005 would be able to move/deploy it to SQL Server Express in the production server? If so how? Can I just generate the script and then run it on the productions server? Or there is a better/easier way? Thanks in advanceShuaib----------------------- I don't anticipate any problems creating database in SQL Server 2005 and moving it to Express. If you need to generate the script to create an empty shell (no d...

Sql Server 2005 Express or Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition
Hi all, I just installed my VS 2005 Pro (full installation) and it installed Sql Server Express 2005.  I also have a CD for Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition which I have not installed yet.  My need for Sql Server on my development machine is for building and testing apps - just myself - no users will be hitting my sql server on my PC.  Most of the time I hit my web server's sql server but also want the engine on my PC for when I'm offline. Question: Should I install the developer edition and remove sql server express?  Doesn't the developer edition more close...

Confliction between SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,   My objective is using a single DB file (mdf file)  + SQL Server Express 2005 to run my program   I got two softwares here, Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. Firstly, I installed Visual Studio 2005, normally the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition will be installed with this software. After finishing the installation. I opened a new project and try to open a DB file (.mdf) from Visual Studio 2005, it works. The problem is that I can't restore the mdf file from an old database file since it lose a lot of functions that appear in SQL Server 2000 / SQL Server 2005. ...

Move from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 with VS 2005
 We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connection stringin the Source code and/or Web.config?  My preliminary testing seemed to be not effective.TIA,Jeffrey wonjartran:  We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connectio...

If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly?
If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly? Thanks! Hi asdpai, I am not sure if I catch your meaning.But if you want to upgrade the SQL Server 2005 Express to SQL Server 2008 Express, you may refer to the following link: Version and Edition Upgradeshttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143393.aspxHow to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2008 (Setup)http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms144267.aspxJian KangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if t...

Web resources about - SQL Server 2005 - Studio Express vs. Visual Studio 2005 install - asp.net.sql-datasource

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

Outlook Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mac OS 9 ,, Windows 3.x , Windows NT 3.51 , Windows 95 , Windows NT 4.0 Outlook Express is an email and news client that is included with Internet ...

Express Scripts offers $1 alternative to $750 pill
After drug company's owner announced a 5,000-percent price hike earlier this year, a less expensive option will soon be available

Express Scripts partners with drug company to produce $1 version of Daraprim
Patients suffering from a rare parasitic disease will soon have a low-price alternative to Daraprim, the lifesaving drug sold by Turing Pharmaceuticals ...

Express Scripts To Offer $1 Version Of Drug That Skyrocketed To $750/Pill Overnight
... of Daraprim skyrocketed to around $750/pill, resulting in angry doctors , and a Senate investigation . Today, pharmacy benefits giant Express ...

Special Operators Take Poll On Women In Combat, Express Three Particular Concerns
Special Operators Take Poll On Women In Combat, Express Three Particular Concerns

Kenneth Branagh Will Direct And Star In Fox’s ‘Murder On The Orient Express’
... forth a new adaptation of Agatha Christie’s definitive mystery novel, tapping Kenneth Branagh to direct and star in Murder On The Orient Express ...

Martin Shkreli Questioned By Express Scripts' Chief Medical Officer
During his Q&A at the Forbes Healthcare Summit, Martin Shkreli shared an exchange with the Chief Medical Officer of Express Scripts.