SQL Server 2005 is not there in Server Explorer of Visula Studio.NET

Hi,

I have installed express edition of the Visaul Studio and SQL Server 2005. But I am suprised to see that sql server is not there in server explorer of vs.net and also we create can not create the database in app_data server. It is giving error that Your default server setting does not alllow remote sql server database. What should i do to make it working. Also in ASP.NET configuration tool it it not working

please help me, its very urgent

regards,

Jalpesh

Jalpesh P. Vadgama
Software Developer
http://jalpesh.blogspot.com
0
Jalpesh

Are you sure you SQL2005 has been installed successfully and you can start the SQL service? Can you connect to the SQL2005 in Management Studio?
Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese
http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38
0
Iori_Jay
6/29/2006 9:02:42 AM

HI,

Yes i have installed sql server successfully and i can start and stop sql service but the problem was that sql server is not allowing me to create database in app_data folder. It is saying that current sql server setting does not allow remote connection

Regards

Jalpesh

Jalpesh P. Vadgama
Software Developer
http://jalpesh.blogspot.com
0
Jalpesh
6/30/2006 6:43:17 AM

OK, so I understand your problem hereSmile Then you're meeting a connection issue that some other people have encountered, you can search on the forums with key word as 'SQL 2005  Remote Connection'. Here I found a post which you can  take a look atSmile

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1110412.aspx

Welcome to my SQL/ASPNET forum for Chinese
http://51up.org/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=38
0
Iori_Jay

Lost ability to manage SQL Server at Server Explorer in Visual Studio .NET
Good day all, I am no longer able to manage SQL Server at the server explorer in Visual studio. i.e. create, modify and delete for Diagrams, Tables, Views, Stored Procs & Functions. Further more, it missing Diagram and function folder. I can only view or read data. But I can access local MSDE as usual. Whats I have done wrong? Please Help. Thanks. I would go to SQL Server Enterprise Manager and see if you can do all of the above, if you can, then you may look in reinstalling Visual studio.net with the repair options. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Gift PeddieKind ...

SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio Web server vs IIS 5 / 6: logging into SQL Server
If you are writing code that involves, for example, ADO.NET transactions, be aware:1) If you are using Visual Studio 2005's internal server, this uses the Windows account of the logged in user to access SQL Server 2005. Therefore your permission settings, for example denying an insert or update, will be ignored.2) If you are using IIS 5 or 6 as your Web server, the ASPNET (IIS 5) / NETWORK SERVICE (IIS 6) account is used and so your permission settings will be acted upon.Find out the Windows account being used by running SQL Profiler when debugging.Hope this helps. ...

SQL server 2005 and SQL server 2005 lite
Hi, I have a web site hosted at a hosting company.. I'm in the process of designing a web site which has some forms that are going to hit a database, etc.. for a small company.. This small company has it's own Web server, and when I'm finished I'll copy the finsihed product to their IIS web server, etc.. Well, I have SQL server 2005 full edition as part of my web hosting, but I'm going to have to use SQL server Lite for the end user / client since they don't have SQL server. So, I'm wondering if I can do my work on MY remote host using the full edition of SQL server 2005, and then copy to th...

SQL Server 2005 express connectivity with Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hello I'm having a problem with the server connection and my C# code. The code executes alright but no data is entered into the database behind it.  I'm pasting the connection code over here as well. The sql commands are used in the code. I think I used the sql server mobile edition which is installed along with visual studio.net 2005. Anyone know what's wrong, and can help me out? Thanks in advance.public static void storeInDb(string trackName, string artist, string albumTitle, string year, string path, uint[] fp) { string connStr="Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;At...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks |...

Visual Basic .NET 2005 Express & Sql Server 2005 Express remote server
Hi,  I want to make a component library in Visual Basic.NET and connect to a remote Sql Server. When I create a new DataSet with the wizard, I can only connect to a .mdf file, but not to a Sql Server. With Visual Web Developer I can connect to a Sql server. What is the difference between these enviroments ? How can I do the same with Visual Basic.NET ?  Thanks in advance. Visual Basic .NET Express cannot connect to SQL Servers. The Visual Web Developer is the only express edition that can utilize SQL Server. You need to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 Standard or higher.Cheers,&n...

Web resources about - SQL Server 2005 is not there in Server Explorer of Visula Studio.NET - asp.net.sql-datasource

Explorers on the Moon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Explorers on the Moon ( French : On a marché sur la Lune ) is the seventeenth of The Adventures of Tintin , the series of comic albums written ...

Time is running out to upgrade or abandon Internet Explorer
Microsoft is scrapping security updates for older versions of Internet Explorer as it pushes PC owners towards Windows 10.

Explorer of the Seas: Australia's largest cruise ship arrives in Fremantle
The biggest cruise ship yet to based in Australia has arrived.

Like Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge is still pushing people away
Microsoft must have hoped that in walking away from Internet Explorer and moving towards Edge it could successfully shake off its reputation ...

Every version of Internet Explorer other than IE11 will be vulnerable next month
On January 12th, 2016, Microsoft will end support for every version of Internet Explorer but the latest once and for all. Although you might ...

Snapchat's new 'Story Explorer' feature lets users swipe through photos to experience events from every ...
A new Snapchat feature called ‘ Story Explorer ’ lets users dive further into Stories and view related snaps that were taken at the same location. ...

Final Fantasy Explorers will have two new summons
Final Fantasy Explorers , when it's released next month overseas on 3DS, will simultaneously revere its classic roots and look to the future. ...

Explorer Embarks on 800-Mile, Arabian Desert Trek
A three-man team will retrace the route taken by a British civil servant, Bertram Thomas, in 1930.

Snapchat Debuts Story Explorer, A More Detailed Approach To Live Events Coverage
Story Explorer, a Snapchat feature that makes it easier to navigate news updates in Live Stories, borrows DNA from Twitter and Periscope. Snapchat ...

Hot Tuna Rocks Beacon, Explorers Club
Last week, the 1996 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductees Jorma Kaukonen (guitar) and Jack Casady (bass) thrilled an Explorers Club audience with ...