SQL Server 2000 - Upgrading to SQL Server 2005

Hi

We have SQL Server 2000 installed on Windows Server 2003. Now wanted to upgrade to SQL Server 2005.

Have tried simply inserting SQL Server 2005 dvd and installing on Windows Server 2003. Installation was not successful.

 Let me know standard methodology to upgrade SQL Server 2000 to 2005 .

Thanks,

sukumarraju

Friend, this tutorial may help you

http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid87_gci1188595,00.html

http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid87_gci1194265,00.html

Good luck!

Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.
This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
0
cv_vikram

sql server 2005 to sql server 2000
Due to certain unavoidable reasons we have to move an application from sql server 2005 to sql server 2000 (yes from 2005 to 2000).  would changing the connection string be sufficient or are there other issues involved. How hard is it going to be to get it to work? Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Yes you will need to change the connection string!However you must look very carefully at the database structure. Do two script exports of every object in the database - one for SQL2000 compatibility and one without. Compare these two scripts, if they are significantly differe...

Move from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 with VS 2005
 We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connection stringin the Source code and/or Web.config?  My preliminary testing seemed to be not effective.TIA,Jeffrey wonjartran:  We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connectio...

Connecting to SQL Server 2000 with SQL Server 2005
I currently have Enterprise 2000 installed but would like to uninstall and install SQL Server 2005. Are there any problems if I try to reconnect to other SQL 2000 servers or other serious issues I need to consider before doing this change ?   Thanks,...

Sql Server 2000 & Sql Server 2005
Dear AllIs there is a big defference between Sql Server 2000 and Sql Server 2005 and if  i studying thesql server 2000 about  40% or 50% from it..can i upgrade and styding 2005 or i must completing studying sql server 2000 more enough.Please i want a good and practical advise.(i can't get the chance to develope a real life database with sql server2000 until this moment.)Many Thanks 4 All. Hey,A lot of the concepts that are in SQL 2000 will still apply, such as data types, table design, indexes, pk/fk relationships, and such...  DTS has changed completely; in a...

check sql server 2000 or sql server 2005
Hi.. I have a web application(ASP.NET 2.0 + C#). I have sql server 2000 as well as sql server 2005. Several queries in my application work well with the sql server 2005, and the same query fails in the sql server 2000. How to check if the database is connected to sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 and then call the queries accordingly through the c# code? Thanks That may be happening if you are using built-in stored procedures or the INFORMATION_SCHEMA from 2005.  There's stuff in 2005 that doesn't exist in 2000.  You are the one establishing the connection, right...

Convert Sql Server 2005 to Sql Server 2000
I have to downgrade a eCommerce database from Sql Server 2005 to Sql Server 2000 due to hosting server's support compatibility. Almost all features in the original (2005) version are available in 2000. Any recommendations as on an easy conversion? Thanks a lot. -Yubo It's not possible to easily/directly convert a SQL Server 2005 database to SQL Server 2000.  I learned this the very hard way.  My suggestion would be to find a new host.Terri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question I have the same issue, in that I developed an ASP.Net 2.0 application using SQL Se...

sql server 2000 , sql server 2005 express
Hi, currently I m using vs studio 2005 to develop a in house web application... The problem is tat my company has only sql server 2000 license... n when creating the application cos vs studio comes together w sql server 2005 express, so i used it to develop the application. However, i tink there are compatibiliy issues with both databases. I used sql 2005 express mainly because in vs studio 2005 there are the LOGIN tools in which i cant create and they come mapped to databases created using sql 2005 express... so is there any compatibility issues when i deploy this application? and if so, is...

SQL Server 2005 Express vs SQL Server 2000
We just upgraded to Zenworks Patchlink 6.3. We already have SQL Server 2000, but I noticed in Patchlink's Recommended PLUS Configuration article they recommend SQL Server 2005 Express. Isn't that the newest version of MSDE and isn't it free? Is it truly better for us to go to SQL Server 2005 Express than to use SQL Server 2000? An interesting question: I wonder if any figures are available - I know that 2005 Express is /enough/ to run ZPM 6.3... -- Shaun Pond ...

Web resources about - SQL Server 2000 - Upgrading to SQL Server 2005 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Mac Spoofed: Upgrading [Low Quality]
PC teaches Mac about the benefits of upgradability.

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Looks like Labor's upgrading from Tarago to minibus
The people of Stafford have done the rest of Queensland a favour by electing Dr Anthony Lynham.

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube