sql server 2000 , sql server 2005 express

Hi, currently I m using vs studio 2005 to develop a in house web application... The problem is tat my company has only sql server 2000 license... n when creating the application cos vs studio comes together w sql server 2005 express, so i used it to develop the application. However, i tink there are compatibiliy issues with both databases. I used sql 2005 express mainly because in vs studio 2005 there are the LOGIN tools in which i cant create and they come mapped to databases created using sql 2005 express... so is there any compatibility issues when i deploy this application? and if so, is there any solution? cos i copied the db files from my application n tried to attach it in sql server 2000 and tried to open it but there was an error

error 602: could not find row in sysindexes for database ID 7, object ID1, index ID1. Run DBCC CHECKTABLE on sysindexes.

many thanks for ur help!

0
sagittarius08

SQL Server 2000 DB in SQL Server 2005 Express
I have an SQL Server 2000 DB that I created on one PC that I would like to move to a PC running SQL Server 2005 Express, is this possible? Will the SQL Server 2000 DB run under SQLS Server 2005 EXPRESS? Thank you for any thoughts, Yes, there are serveral ways to move the database: backup/restore, detach/attach, Copy Database Wizard, etc. For more information, you can refer to:Copy Database Wizard: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190775.aspxBackup/Restore: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190436.aspxDetach/Attach: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190794.a...

SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,Can SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition installed in a same machine. Will there be any conflict?Regards,Swami Sure they can exists on the same machine. Generally speaking there won't be conflict. The only conflict I have encountered came with SQL2000 named instance: after install SQL2005, the anonymous service on UPD 1434 port (used by SQL2000 to find out named instance) may fail to start, if the "SQL Server Brower" service is not started; so connection may fail to find out SQL2000 named instance. In this case you can just start the "SQL Server Brower" ser...

SQL Server 2005 Express vs SQL Server 2000
We just upgraded to Zenworks Patchlink 6.3. We already have SQL Server 2000, but I noticed in Patchlink's Recommended PLUS Configuration article they recommend SQL Server 2005 Express. Isn't that the newest version of MSDE and isn't it free? Is it truly better for us to go to SQL Server 2005 Express than to use SQL Server 2000? An interesting question: I wonder if any figures are available - I know that 2005 Express is /enough/ to run ZPM 6.3... -- Shaun Pond ...

migration from sql server express 2005 to sql server 2000 enterprise
hi, i need some help here,i made a simple data driven website in my development PC, at first, i used MS Access for my data base then i migrate it to sql server express 2005, and it works fine when i try to run it in my development PC with my IIS. but of course i will be deploying it to a real server, in our office were i will deploy my data driven site, we have a PC server Win Server 2003 with SQL Server 2000 Enterprise (im not pretty sure by the name but i know its not a free version, its something like a 2000 sql version with a word enterprise at the end).so my question is, i am developing...

How migrate SQL server 2000 database to SQL Server 2005 Express
I  have a  SQL server 2000 database.I have to migrate it to SQL Server 2005 Express.But I don't know how to do. Is any one can help me ? Thanks You can detach the database using sp_detach_db and then re-attach it to your SSE instance using sp_attach_db.  This should work seamlessly, but back up first, just in case.Adam MachanicSQL Server MVP...

local SQL Server 2005 Express and Host with SQL Server 2000
I'm creating an app and have SQL Server 2005 Express installed.  Most of the hosts now offering SQL Server 2005 are a bit pricey compared to those only offering 2000.  Will I have any difficulty uploading my site and running the db on SQL 2000?  Thanks in advance. I've been searching these forums but all people having about the same question, all have no replies in the thread. I'd love some feedback on this issue. I'm quite new to asp.net.I've got vs installed with sql 2005 express. but I also installed sql 2000 since my host is still using this one. how can I port the db ? ...

Migrate Data from SQL Server 2000 to SQL 2005 Server Express
Hello:Does Sql Server 2005 Express support data migration  from Sql Server 2000. Anybody? This is exactly what I need to know too, anyone!?   -- Matthew...

Web resources about - sql server 2000 , sql server 2005 express - asp.net.sql-datasource

The Indian Express: Latest News, Breaking News Live, Current Headlines, India News Online
Indian Express covers latest news from India, all exclusive current headlines and India news live, including latest breaking news on business, ...

Local news, sports, obituaries, classifieds and more - Tallmadge Express
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Gov. Chris Christie, who once famously called himself "the healthiest fat...

Sussex Express
Search continues for boy swept out to sea at... The search has continued today (Monday October 28) for the 14-year-old local boy who was swept ...

PCI Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... standard support hardware I/O virtualization. The PCIe electrical interface is also used in a variety of other standards, most notably ExpressCard ...

Express Scripts offers $1 alternative to $750 pill
After drug company's owner announced a 5,000-percent price hike earlier this year, a less expensive option will soon be available

Express Scripts partners with drug company to produce $1 version of Daraprim
Patients suffering from a rare parasitic disease will soon have a low-price alternative to Daraprim, the lifesaving drug sold by Turing Pharmaceuticals ...

Express Scripts To Offer $1 Version Of Drug That Skyrocketed To $750/Pill Overnight
... of Daraprim skyrocketed to around $750/pill, resulting in angry doctors , and a Senate investigation . Today, pharmacy benefits giant Express ...

Special Operators Take Poll On Women In Combat, Express Three Particular Concerns
Special Operators Take Poll On Women In Combat, Express Three Particular Concerns

Kenneth Branagh Will Direct And Star In Fox’s ‘Murder On The Orient Express’
... forth a new adaptation of Agatha Christie’s definitive mystery novel, tapping Kenneth Branagh to direct and star in Murder On The Orient Express ...

Pain Patients Use Twitter To Express Dissatisfaction With Opioid Side Effects
Social media isn't only being used by retail customers to complain about their latest experience with customer service. It's also being used ...