SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified #2

 I am getting this error

SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified

aparently there is something wrong with my db connection.

So what happened. I was using sql 2005 and decided mid way into my project to upgrade to 2008...stupid me!

None the less after many hours my site is semi operational again. Here is the wierd thing.

The first page in my site is a login page that opens a DB connection and queries the db for login verification. Works fine!

Other pages that access the DB work fine too, however some pages spit out the error above.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Ilan Perez
web Developer | Designer
0
iperez_genius

BCP of 4.9.2 SQL Server to 11.0.2 SQL Server
We have a client wishing to bcp data out of a 4.9.2 SQL Server database and bcp the data into an 11.0.2 SQL Server database. Just knowing of the problems that have arisen lately with regards to the System 11 bcp utility and the fact that 4.9.2 is such an old release, is the above task possible? If not, what is my alternative? Regards, -- Robert C. Marx SQL Financials International 770.291.8506 MarxR@SFI.com Rob Marx wrote: > > We have a client wishing to bcp data out of a 4.9.2 SQL Server database and > bcp the data into an 11.0.2 SQL Server database. Ju...

Connection string for default instance of SQL Server 2005, on a box also running a named instance of SQL Server 2000
The box I am trying to connect to is running two instances of SQL Server. There is a SQL Server 2005 instance which is the default. There is a SQL Server 2000 instance which is named 'SQLSERVER'.  I can connect to the SQL Server 2000 instance no problem:<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=MYPC\SQLSERVER;database=mydatabase;user id=****;password=****" /> However,  I am having trouble connecting to the Default SQL Server 2005 instance. I have tried: <add key="ConnectionString" value="server=MYPC;database=mydatabase;user i...

how to study sql server instance(sql server project data instance) design rapidly reffering websites business data
hi.I have learned asp.net and Sql server for two years by myself.Now i want to issue my own websites. But now i am confused about sql server data field. how to design data field to satisfy the websites business logic :The important Thing is :I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER ,ONLY A PROGRAM LOVER, BUT NOW I WANT TO BE A PROGRAMMER COS I HAVE NO tech to have more salary,now my salary is little,so i want to be a programmer. please give me some link about learning this :website,blog,free ebook,advice and so on... Chinese Edition is the best. BTW:who can tell me how to learn websites Data field a...

How to copy a table from SQL Server 1 to SQL Server 2
I have 2 SQL Server. I need copy a table from SQL Server 1 to SQL Server 2.  Does someone know how to do it? Please help! In Enterprise Manager, right click on the table, go to "All Tasks", "Export Data", then follow the steps in the wizard....

SQL query that works in SQL Server Management Studio, but doesn't on .NET 2.0 page
SELECT favorites.FID, favorites.filename, favorites.username, files.status, files.private, files.views, files.title FROM favorites INNER JOIN files ON favorites.filename = files.filename WHERE (favorites.username = @username) AND (files.status IS NULL) AND (files.private = @private)@private is manually set to 'no'@username is set to profile.usernamewhen I run the above query in microsoft sql server mgmt studio express on the database, it presents all the information i'm asking for very easily. however when i try to implement this query on a aspx .net2.0 page with teh sqldatasourc...

Linked Server from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8 #2
Could someone please show me how to create a Linked Server from within SQL Server 2000 to SQL Anywhere 8? I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have used dbping successfully, and I have connected to the SQL Anywhere 8 (Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0) database successfully using an ODBC System DSN with Access. Thank you. ...

Interface driver for SQL*Net 2.3.2
Hello, Does anyone know which PB-interface driver to use if you are running Powerbuilder 4.005, SQL-Net 2.3.2 en Oracle 7.1. I used 072 Oracle v.7.2 but it is not working perfect. Andreas > Does anyone know which PB-interface driver to use if you are running > Powerbuilder 4.005, SQL-Net 2.3.2 en Oracle 7.1. > I used 072 Oracle v.7.2 but it is not working perfect. > It should be o71 Oracle v7.1 ...

Timestamp variable in SQL server 2005 and SQL server express editions!!! Help!!!! #2
Hi, Can anyone update me whether the 'timestamp' datatype has been changed in the recent release of sql server 2005 or sql server express?? In previous versions it is generating a unique number or row version...it was told that they will be updating 'timestamp' variable to contain the value of current datetime as the word 'timestamp' actually means. Please let me know.. Thanks.. ...

SQL A and SQL Server
Hi I heard SQL Server used to be owned by Watcom is this true? Is SQL Anywhere, therefore, similar to SQL Server? -- Regards, John Not quite true. SQL Anywhere was created by Watcom. SQLServer was created by Sybase, and Microsoft licensed the technology. So MSSQL and ASE have common roots, not SQLAnywhere. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] "John Kingan" <john.kingan@abibuildingdata.com> wrote in message news:40d82aa1$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi I heard SQL Server used to be owned by Watcom is this true? Is SQL > Anywhere, therefore, similar to SQL Ser...

sql server and sql server express
ok i am puzzled right now....i have a web application connecting to a sql server database....i uninstalled sql server express and installed sql server 2005 full version...i changed the connection string in my application to be Data Source=SKYBANDR62;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;Integrated Security=True and through the explorer bar i can access my database freely but when i run my application i get this error Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred while establishing a...

"Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server" using sql server express and vwde. why?
I've set up a website on another computer using sql server express and visual web developer express, and it works as expected. However halfway through the development i've had to move to another computer. I installed visual web developer express + sql server express, and copied the project files across, but now when I attempt to run it I get the error:Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed. I've tried reinstalling the software and it doesn't help. Any idea why this is happening, and...

Web resources about - SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified #2 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Early Mac UI designers say Apple has abandoned many of its human interface design principles
Two of the early Mac user-interface designers argue in a lengthy FastCo piece that Apple has abandoned many of its original human interface design ...

Google streamlining Hangouts on the web with interface tweaks, higher quality video
Google has announced some updates coming to Hangouts video calls on the web, including a tweaked interface, along with faster, crisper full-screen ...

Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus goes 7.0 with interface improvements
... especially for longtime users of the app like me. Fortunately, here comes version 7.0 of the app to the rescue with a handful of welcome interface ...

Disney CEO & Apple board member Bob Iger calls Apple TV best television interface ever
... Executive Bob Iger said in an interview on Monday, praising Apple for creating what he believes is the most intuitive television user interface ...

Firefox 43 adds new block list, updates Android user interface
Mozilla has rolled out Firefox 43 FINAL for Windows, Mac and Linux, with Firefox 43 for Android due to follow imminently. The desktop build ...

Google Updates Search Interface For Tablets
It looks like Google updated the search interface for tablets and switched to the mobile UI. The previous tablet interface was an interesting ...

Day of the Tentacle Remastered's slick interface works flawlessly
When we learned at the PlayStation Experience keynote that Day of the Tentacle Remastered was releasing March 2016, I wrote that it had been ...

Digitimes Research: Pogo Pin to account for over 60% of power charging interfaces used in smart wearable ...
Pogo Pin will account for over 60% of power charging interfaces used in smart watches and smart bands in 2016, all types of USB together for ...

Google Camera Receiving Update for Android 6.0+ Devices, Includes New Interface
Google Camera , Mountain View’s in-house shooter software for Android devices, is receiving an update to build 3.1. Inside, the new UI that is ...