Sql fields.

What is the command to see how many lines were returned with a Select statement?

0
Milotic

@@ROWCOUNT

***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
***********************
0
ndinakar

linking a sql field to point to the value of another sql field
is it possible to create hyperlinks in powerbuilder such that if you retrieve two fields from a database.. and want to display the first field on the screen and have it link to the value of the other field (when clicked) which is actually a URL address, you can? any help will be appreciated. thank you! ...

How to save a picture in a SQL image field and how to show a picture from a SQL image field
HI! I am searching now a real long time in the forum and I found a lot of stuff to this topic. But please help me it doesn't work! On my webapplication there is a possibility to save a private picture.If a new user is saved in the database I want to save a fixed picture as startpicture.Dim picturePath As String = Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH") & "img\anonymous.jpg" Please tell me the way how to save this anonymous.jpg from the picturePath into the database and after that how to display the picture. Thank you! .         ...

UserID field in SQL Express won't match to SQL 2000 field
Hi - I am using .net2, with Sql Express for the Users/Membership etc, and a SQL 2000 database for my actual web application.I want to associate my user in the aspnet_Users table of the SQL Express database, with records from the SQL 2000 database.In SQL Express the datatype for the UserID field is uniqueidentifier, length 16.  In SQL 2000 therefore, I added a table, with a column name of UserID as uniqueidentifier, length 16.When I try to insert the UserID from SQL Express into the UserID field of the SQL 2000 table, I get the error: Guid should containt 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxx...

SQL Express to SQL ?
I am developing a site using the express edition of all tools (VWD and SQL Express).  I want to use GoDaddy hosting and was wondering if I will be able to effectively put my SQL database and website up on their hosting even though it was developed via Express edition of Microsoft programs?...

Compiled sql CommandText going from DataSource to sql server
HiI need to know what command text goes to sql server in a compiled (parameterless) formatEx :I have a sql query : "Select  * from table where name=@name"name parameter has value = "bill gates"When I read the e.command.commandtext value in sqldatasource.inserting event, it gives the original command (with parameter @name)In datasource.inserting event, how can I get the compiled version of the command  : "Select * from table where name='bill gates'"please help me Why do you need to get the value?  What do you plan to do with it?Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good...

Migrating VS2003 datasource from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005
Is it necessary to convert my VS2003 project to VS2005 before converting the datasource from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005? Or can I just change the datasource without converting the project? Hi delossan, For the first question, the answer is no. Both SQL Server versions can work with Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005. For the second question, the answer is yes. Visual Studio 2003 can work with SQL Server 2005.    Sincerely,Benson YuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can ...

SQL > My SQL
I have a problem, my asp.net page wants to connect to the sql server, but it has to be the mysql. How can I solve this problem? This is my code: <%@ page explicit="true" language="VB" debug="true" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %> <html> <script runat="server"> sub page_load(sender as object, e as eventargs) If Not IsPostBack Then dim connect as sqlconnectio...

SQL A and SQL Server
Hi I heard SQL Server used to be owned by Watcom is this true? Is SQL Anywhere, therefore, similar to SQL Server? -- Regards, John Not quite true. SQL Anywhere was created by Watcom. SQLServer was created by Sybase, and Microsoft licensed the technology. So MSSQL and ASE have common roots, not SQLAnywhere. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] "John Kingan" <john.kingan@abibuildingdata.com> wrote in message news:40d82aa1$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi I heard SQL Server used to be owned by Watcom is this true? Is SQL > Anywhere, therefore, similar to SQL Ser...

sql or my sql query
hi,in my database  i have the two tables...1)programs                                2)reservedin the programs...two fields 1)program id           2)maxseats................these details wil be entered by adminin the reserved table  two fileds ..1)PRogramid        2)statusmy requirement is .. i need the available seats..meansif any body is intersted in  any program...they wil select the program...then status becomes approved(1)..then i need the o/p as ...

Strange difference between SQL from .Net and SQL within stored proc
Hi, I am trying to fill a DataGrid with random records from my database. It thought I had found a way to randomly select records using SQL. So I built a stored procedure in Access and sure enough, it returns a random set of records. Whe I tried to call this from my app, it kept returning the same set of records. So I copied and pasted the SQL into the app (code below) but it made no difference. Could anyone tell me why this wouldn't work? <%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="iso-8859-1" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %><%@ Import Namespace="...

Databinding form fields to a SQL datasource
I have a form and a sqldatasource that will have 1 item. I want to populate the textboxes and dropdownlists from the sqldatasource so that I do not have to check for null, can use 2 way databinding, and compareallvalues. How would I go about doing this? sorry if this is a duplicate post, I posted 3 hours ago and it did not appear... Not very clear your purpose.  What do you mean by "compare all values"? The 2- way binding to the textbox and dropdlownlists is: <ItemTemplate>    <asp:DropDownList id="ddl" SelectedValue='<% # Bind("xxx")%>' runa...

T-SQL TRIGGER causes crash in .Net, Interactive SQL works...?
Hi All I am fairly new to Sybase databases. I have a database with a single table (AdressenStorage) to that table I added (T-SQL)triggers for INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE. Everything works fine with InteractiveSQL. But as soon as I execute the statements from my .Net application, it crashes. (The program hangs at cmd.ExecuteNonQuery() ). I removed all triggers and everything worked fine. Right now I have just the (reduced) INSERT trigger (which still crashes): CREATE TRIGGER "AdressenStorage_Insert" on DBA.AdressenStorage for insert as begin -- Handle RevIsCurrent ...

Sql Server Script File(.sql) Execution by Vb.net Code
I have a problem. I m working on "light weight sql server"  project.   and i want to execute .sql file through vb.net code with the help of sqldmo library and sqlns namespace. but i donot know any method to directly execute the .sql file. i am successfully making the full script of select database of sql server.   please help me.... thanks.... Hi, You can use SQL-DMO object in your .net projects by referencing Sqldmo.dll  file which is in  C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn  folder is default installation parameters are used. I...

Web resources about - Sql fields. - asp.net.sql-datasource

Field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Field (computer science) , a smaller piece of data from a larger collection (e.g., database fields) Text is available under the Creative Commons ...

Plans lodged for Melrose High School sports fields upgrades
Development plans have been lodged for the $6.7 million upgrade to the Melrose High School oval and sports precinct.

None of the Republican candidates know how to do field — especially Trump
Field campaigns aren’t complicated, but they’re really difficult to do well. That’s because the single most effective way a campaign can win ...

Ford will ultimately get its due from Wall Street, Fields says
... and strategies for the coming year. Coverage of the annual gathering of industry leaders in Detroit. DETROIT Ford Motor Co. CEO Mark Fields ...

Field Music share "Disappointed" from new new LP
by Bill Pearis Field Music's forthcoming album Commontime will be out soon February 5 via Memphis Industries. After getting Peter Brewis' "The ...

Cubs Looking At Closing Streets Around Wrigley Field On Game Days
The Cubs president of business operations Crane Kenney said Cubs fans are going to have deal with the reality of the world today.

The Nightly Show Has A Field Day With Oregon Militia Group Receiving Sex Toys
As we already discussed here , some of those Islamophobic "patriots" who are holed up at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon are none ...

Big Brother is having a field day in Fresno with scary surveillance technology
You can file this one under: “What in the fuckety fuck?” Surveillance in the U.S. may be entering a new high in terms of technological advances, ...

Oscars: ‘Mustang’ Ends Dry Spell For France In Foreign Language Field Full Of Firsts
With today’s Oscar nominations, the Foreign Language race has been whittled down to five. While there are no major shocks like last year when ...

Report: Top Track & Field Officials Discussed Covering Up Doping Prior To London Olympics
... the World Anti-Doping Agency released a bombshell report detailing all manner of doping, bribing, and cover-ups by Russian track and field athletes, ...