SQL 7 vs SQL 2000

Can anyone offer a justification for recommending an upgrade from SQL 7 to SQL2k?  What does one gain from the upgrade?
0
hlaford

Built-in XML support.  Indexed views.  Performance tweaks.  These are just a few improvements that I'm aware of.  For more detail, I'm sure you can visit the SQL Server site.

--Ambrose
--
Ambrose Little
Infragistics, Inc.

1. Use MS VS .NET Documentation (.NET Framework documentation)
2. On Contents tab, From Filterd by: choose Entreprise Servers
3. Choose Microsoft SQL Server 2000
4. Click on What's New
5. You get all the 'Enhancements' ... This is what you need.
Relational Database Enhancements
XML Integration of Relational Data
Graphical Administration Enhancements
Replication Enhancements
Data Transformation Services Enhancements
Analysis Services Enhancements
Meta Data Services Enhancements
English Query Enhancements
Documentation Enhancements
Where there is a will, there is a way.

and where there is a team, there is more than one way.
0
Phuoc

SQL 2005 vs SQL 2000
HI, I Have my websites developed in sql 2005 and my host is providing SQL 2000. WHAT problem i might face will my site run ? or do i need to change things??     If you use the regular ado.net and sql server functionality , you should be good however if you use some of the advanced features in 2005 like SQLCachedependency , then they may not work in sql 2000 out of the box. You may have to do some setup. Other potential problems could be use of the new XML datatype etc.Difficult to give you an exact list. I would suggest looking at the differences between sql 2000 and 2005 an...

SQL Server 7 and SQL 2000
Hi, Can I connect to SQL 7 and SQL 2000 with Powerbuilder 7 Professional edition? Thanks, Kevin Davis kdavis@mdatasystems.com this is also my question. if you hear something, please route to our emailadress. ciao achim. ps: i think there should be a solution via OLE DB provider or ADO. but until now i do not succeed in this. pps: bitte auch gerne in deutsch via emailkontakt: info@cs-optima.de auch bei anderen problemen. vielleicht k�nnen sich die deutschen user etwas zusammenraffen... da es scheint, dass hier nix mehr geht... "Frank Black" <kd...

sql 2000 vs sql express
hai,I just have one simple question.Can I use sql 2000 instead of sql express and why?what about the istallation for sql 2000.thanks. Sure you can use sql 2000. You can connect to a existing SQL 2000 server via the Data Explorer. You might want to try the sql express because it is the evaluation version of sql 2005.Barry------------------------------------------------------------This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

SQL Server 7 or 2000 and SQL Anywhere 7 on the same server?
I want to run MS SQL Server 7 (and later 2000) on the same NT server as SQL Anywhere 7. Are there any problems involved with this? Thanks, -- Don Marchlenski Information and Technology Services Central Ohio Technical College and The Ohio State University at Newark Should be OK assuming that the machine has sufficient bandwidth/resources for the total load of the two databases. /ck "Don Marchlenski" <march@newark.ohio-state.edu> wrote in message news:3B704488.8176A5F5@newark.ohio-state.edu... > I want to run MS SQL Server 7 (and later 2000) on the ...

SQL Server 2000 Developer vs SQL Server 2000 Standard
I have installed the SQL Server 2000 developer that came with Office XP Developer. I now have a copy of SQL Server 2000 Standard. What will happen if I try to install the standard version? Will I loss any of my current database logins or settings, etc...? Thank you for any help,Thank youJackxxx Upgrading your version of SQL Server 2000 should not result in the loss of any information that you already have set up. I believe you can/should choose "Upgrade, remove, or add components to an existing instance of SQL Server" when you go to install SQL Server 2000 Standard. TerriT...

restoring sql 2000 backup on sql 7
Hi,I am working in a sql server 2000 environment but my customer uses sql server 7. Is it possible to use backup and restore to transfer the database or should I set up a sql server 7 for development?The database only contains tables and views...ThanksKoen You may have to move the tables and Views and you cannot enable relationship there is none in 7.0 and in Belgium if the 7.0 is not using unicode you cannot use Unicode because to Unicode enable you must reinstall.  There are many differences with those versions it is hard to tell you in one post.  The best thing to do ask the c...

Comparison: SQL 2000 vs. SQL 2005
Hello List, Anyone know articles talking about the Comparison Between SQL Server 2000 and 2005? I need find out the reasons and benifits to move from SQL Server 2000 to 2005. Your help is appreciate! Thanks in advance, Peter Have you had a look here? http://www.microsoft.com/sql/2005/default.asp...

SQL 2000 vs SQL 2005 EE
Hi, I am currently developing my website to ASP.NET 2.0 using SQL Server 2005 Express Edition. However, after long hour to figure out, my hosting company doesn't use sql 2005. They only have SQL Server 2000. Even I have to pay for using SQL 2000. My question is, what is the different between SQL 2000 and 2005 in term of using it in a server? My condition is that I am developing my database under SQL Server 2005 EE, now, can it be uploaded to be used in a server with SQL 2000? Thanks in advanced for all help, time and your support. HAVE a good day! Live Happily. How? iloveny:...

MS-SQL 7 to MS-SQL 2000
With Enterprise Manager, how can I convert a database from MS-SQL 7 to MS-SQL 2000 Thanks. Do you have Books Online? There is a topic in there called "Upgrading Databases from SQL Server 7.0 (Copy Database Wizard)" which will tell you how to do it. Terri Terri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question Create a staging database to deal with issues before moving to the destination database. We still have some 7.0 and 2000 running. The process is test a lot then deploy. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Gift PeddieKind regards,Gift Peddie thanks guys...

Migrating VS2003 datasource from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005
Is it necessary to convert my VS2003 project to VS2005 before converting the datasource from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005? Or can I just change the datasource without converting the project? Hi delossan, For the first question, the answer is no. Both SQL Server versions can work with Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005. For the second question, the answer is yes. Visual Studio 2003 can work with SQL Server 2005.    Sincerely,Benson YuMicrosoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can ...

SQL Any 5 vs SQL Any 7 and identity column
Version : PB 6.51 and SQL Anywhere 7.03 Problem : Identity column in datawindow doesn't work any more ! Using PB 6.5.1 and SQLAnywhere 5 I get the correct value after update a record using a DW with an identity column defined at design time. I made an ODBS trace in both cases and after each new record inserted using SQL Any 5, in the LOG file, a select @@identity from dummy is called. But not for SQL Any 7.03 . I guess I should upgrade to a new version of PB... :-( But, still, is there any bug fix for earlier versions of PB ? Where can I found them ? Thanks Autoincrement is ...

linq to sql on sql 2000?
Does linq to sql work with sql 2000? Are there any shortcomings compared to working with 2005? Nyla Pareska:Does linq to sql work with sql 2000? Yes , Nyla Pareska:Are there any shortcomings compared to working with 2005? Maybe , but in general No .  Regards,Anas Ghanem.Note:Please Don't hesitate to click "Report Abuse" link if you noticed something wrong on the forums (like duplicate ,Off-topic,offensive,or any post that violates the website "TERMS OF USE"). -- Thanks! anas:Maybe , but in general No  Can you please be more specific? What are t...

linq-to-sql VS sql
 Is linq-to-sql as fast as sql in processing data? Or how percentage is linq-to-sql slower than sql? What is disadvantages of linq-to-sql compared with sql?Thanks for reading and replying my answer. From everything I have read about linq and comparing it to ado they relatively the same until you get into large recordsets.   http://beingmarkcohen.com/?p=168Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.Chuck Catron There is a 5-10% hit on large record sets but its worth it for the type safe querys Steve Seeking the elegant s...

sql 2000 to sql 2005
i have developed my project in asp.net 2.0 +ajax +c# as backend with sql server 2000 as back end now my question is can i change my sql server to 2005 will it gives any problem in furture all my queries will run properlyMark As Answer If my reply helped you. syedwna:now my question is can i change my sql server to 2005 There should be no problems as long as you migrate all the data, procedures, functions and all required data from SQL2000 to SQL2005. ...

Web resources about - SQL 7 vs SQL 2000 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Trump Calls Saudi Prince 'Dopey'
Daily Beast Trump Calls Saudi Prince 'Dopey' Daily Beast Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump is in yet another Twitter fight, this ...

See aerial images of climate activists doing funky things in Paris
On Saturday, as U.N. climate negotiations plodded toward a finish, Friends of the Earth International staged a geolocation action. Its activists ...

The Latest: California Shooting Victim Mourned
The Latest: Man who shielded co-worker during California shooting is mourned

The batter is strong with these 'Star Wars' themed pancakes
You should feel bad about burning your frozen waffles beyond recognition this morning. Youtube user Dancakes is back with another crazy detailed ...

Barack Obama: Discrimination Against Muslims In The United States Only Strengthens ISIS
President Barack Obama is taking a stand for Muslims, warning Americans that stereotyping all Muslim people based on the actions of violent extremists ...

Police: Teen who pointed BB gun at officer shot in leg
NBCNews.com Police: Teen who pointed BB gun at officer shot in leg seattlepi.com JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — A black teenager carrying a BB ...

Elon Musk Backs $1 Billion Artificial Intelligence Research Group
Elon Musk and other technology giants have chipped in $1 billion toward researching artificial intelligence to “benefit humanity,” the business ...

Here's how the top iPhone apps are using 3D Touch
When Apple introduced 3D Touch on the iPhone 6S this September, it described the technology as a revolutionary paradigm for interacting with ...

Is Justin Bieber’s New Wings Tattoo A Response To Selena Gomez’s Bizarrely Petty Shade?
Justin Bieber has a brand new tattoo. But his romantic life seems to be focused on an old love. More on that below. Yes. The Biebs’ never-ever-sated ...

Taliban Attack Near Spanish Embassy in Afghanistan Kills 7
The Nation Taliban Attack Near Spanish Embassy in Afghanistan Kills 7 New York Times KABUL, Afghanistan — At least seven people have been ...