Running SSIS package developed in 32 Bit Platform to 64 bit Platform.

Componets for SSIS package I used are as follows:

1) SQL Server 2005

2) SSIS in Visual studio 2005

3) Excel File as Input.

I have devloped SSIS application on Windows XP which is an 32 bit Application but client also want that package on 64 bit Platform.

I dont have 64 bit platform hence I am not sure whether that package will run on 64 bit.

Will you help me out for whether this package will be run on 64 bit platform?

Sachin Kale
Junior Developer,
C# & BI Developer
0
sachin

The 64-bit editions of Microsoft SQL Server include Integration Services, but some Integration Services features are available only in 32-bit versions, or have limitations on 64-bit computers, or are not supported on Itanium-based operating systems.

We can install the 32-bit runtime and tools to run SSIS packages in 32-bit mode.

For more information, please refer to the document below:

Integration Services Considerations on 64-bit Computers
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141766(SQL.90).aspx

Jian Kang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Jian

Packaging on a 32-bit and running on 64-bit
--------------090106050304000107000603 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi all, I am using a 32-bit Debian Linux for development and would like to deploy on the same linux but for the 64-bit variant. What do I have to take in mind? Trying to execute a package build on 32-bit at the 64-bit system caused several errors (e.g. incompatible 64-bit IO.so found) Thanks in advance, Werner --------------090106050304000107000603-- On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Developer <developer@onlinehome.de> wrote: >...

Develop in a 32-bit and Run driver on 64-bit
I have on simple question when it comes to developing drivers. Currently we have a 32-bit system and we run a 32-platform. In the near future we are going to upgrading our platform environment to a 64-bit the burning questions from our developers. Can we use a VM 32-bit image and develope on it and then move the code to a 64-bit environment and have it still work ????? In the past we were told we CANNOT do this that both environments have to be the same. We are struggling because if this is the case then we are going to have to get new laptops with a 64-bit OS on it so we can ...

Change the platform from a 32-bit to 64-bit processor
Hi friends,I've built an ASP.NET  application in my 32-bit processor machine for one of my clients.It runs well in a 32-bit machine.My client uses a 64-bit  processor and to run my application there and make it online,I must use the Change Target Platform...  option found in the Website option on tool bar. But the problem is the Change Target Platform...  option  is not activated in my machine.How can I activate it? Can anyone  help me out?   Thanks.                ...

Postgres 32 bit development libraries on x86_64 bit platform
Hi I have two question regarding the postgres application on openSUSE 11.1. 1. Why their is no 32 bit developement libraries of postgresql present in x86_64 directory . postgresql-libs-32bit-devel-8.3.5-1.10.x86_64.rpm 2. What is the difference between 32bit rpm file present in x86_64 directory and i586 directory ? Thanks Madhu -- bs_madhu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bs madhu wrote: > I have two question regarding the postgres application on openSUSE > 11.1. > > 1. Why their is no 32 bit developemen...

Does 32 bit SQL 2005 run on 64 bit Windows 2003?
That's the question.... Jim wrote: > That's the question.... Perhaps this will help: http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/migrating-from-microsoft.html -- Joe "Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do." Joseph Marton wrote: > Jim wrote: > >> That's the question.... > > Perhaps this will help: > > http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/migrating-from-microsoft.html > Probably not if you stuck using SQL Server because the developers you buy your software fr...

Probable Stupid Question: Using 64-bit Code on 64-bit Processors running 32-bit Windows...
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to do 64-bit processing (probably by writing some assembly language code) when running on a 64-bit CPU under 32-bit Windows? As near as I can tell, one has to develop all 64-bit code on a 64-bit machine running 64-bit windows and the target machines for 64-bit code have to be 64-bit machines running 64-bit windows. What might be useful, if it is possible, would be being able to detect a 64-bit processor when running 32-bit windows and take advantage of that to speed up some calculations. DanH ...

64-bit ODBC Drivers Needed to Connect from 64-bit SQL 2005 to 32-bit Sybase 12.x
Hi, My company is running an Aspect EnsemblePro call center that uses Sybase 12.X for its database. We have been using the Sybase ODBC drivers that were bundled with Aspect in order to connect to the Sybase database from our 32-bit SQL 2000 Servers. This had been working great. Recently we deployed new 64-bit SQL 2005 servers, but discovered that 64-bit SQL cannot use 32-bit ODBC drivers in order to link to other databases. I have been all over the Web trying to find a 64-bit Sybase ODBC driver, but the 3rd-party drivers that I've found seem to be pretty cost-prohibitive....

Probable Stupid Question: Using 64-bit Code on 64-bit Processors running 32-bit Windows... #2
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to do 64-bit processing (probably by writing some assembly language code) when running on a 64-bit CPU under 32-bit Windows? As near as I can tell, one has to develop all 64-bit code on a 64-bit machine running 64-bit windows and the target machines for 64-bit code have to be 64-bit machines running 64-bit windows. What might be useful, if it is possible, would be being able to detect a 64-bit processor when running 32-bit windows and take advantage of that to speed up some calculations. DanH Dan Hale wrote: > Does anyone k...

Bug in Interbase XE 32 bits Update 3 on Windows 64 bits platform
Hi, On Interbase XE 32 bits Update 3 (WI.10.0.3.566) on 64 bits Windows platforms. If you have a big VARCHAR field (like VARCHAR(4096)) in a table and for exemple read this table row by row with the same query that you prepare only on the first time you execute it, IB return no record half the time ! _*To reproduce the bug :*_ *1 - Create a simple DB with the folowing SQL script :* SET SQL DIALECT 3; SET NAMES ISO8859_1; CREATE DATABASE 'C:\Temp\IBBugPrepare.GDB' USER 'SYSDBA' PASSWORD 'masterkey' PAGE_SIZE 4096 DEFAULT CHARACTER SE...

YAST picking 32 bit packages over 64 bit packages
I'm installing packages from Yast->Development->Base Development and I noticed about 5% of them yast picked their 32 bit versions. The rest it picked 64 bit versions. This is the first time I checked what versions yast installs. So I wonder if it's done the same in the past when installing software. Is there a way to tell yast not to install 32 bit packages or at least have it give me a warning? Checking an ass load of packages can be tedious. Is there a way to tell yast to tell me what 32 bit packages are currently installed? I'm looking for a way to make su...

SQL 8 support for 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any please
SQL Anywhere Associates!! Is SQL 8 support 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any please.... Thanks Vairam I believe that SQL Anywhere Studio is currently only released in a 32-bit format. TO the extent that 32-bit applications can run on a 64-bit OS, you can use ASA on a 64-bit system. -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm -> Cho...

SQL 8 support for 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any please
SQL Anywhere Associates!! Is SQL 8 support 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any please.... Thanks Vairam Is there any particular 64 bit OS that you are interested in hearing about? - Mark VS Vairam wrote: > > SQL Anywhere Associates!! > Is SQL 8 support 64 bit OS and 64 BIT OS, 64 BIT BUS Support, technical > white paper, documentation, examples and success stories for SQL 8 if any > please.... > > Thanks > > Vairam WINDOWS all flavours...

Upgrading from ASE (32-bit) 12.0.0.7 on Solaris 2.8 64-bit to ASE(64-bit) 12.5.1 on Solaris 64-bit
Hello all, We are planning to upgrade our ASE servers from a 32-bit ASE 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1 on Solaris 8. Could you please give what are the steps to be taken care and how do I start with ( Do I have to first upgrade to 32-bit12.5.1 and then upgrade to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1, or directly upgrade from 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1 ?). Could you also please point to some documentation (about upgrading 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1). Thanks RK ...

32-bit clent or 64-bit client on 64-bit O/S
We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit. We're moving that client to an AIX 5.x 64-bit system. Is there any advantage to switching to the 64-bit Sybase client? I'm not sure if it matters but the ASE Server that the client uses is 12.5 64-bit running on a 64-bit O/S. TIA only if you client app needs the extra memory "Richard" <rmcgorman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170712581.822225.158160@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit. We're > moving that > ...

Web resources about - Running SSIS package developed in 32 Bit Platform to 64 bit Platform. - asp.net.sql-datasource

Least developed country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Least developed country ( LDC ) is the name given to a country which, according to the United Nations , exhibits the lowest indicators of socioeconomic ...

Developed country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A developed country can be defined through economic growth and security. Most commonly the criteria for evaluating the degree of development ...

Koloid - hand developed photography on the App Store on iTunes
Get Koloid - hand developed photography on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - Buzzword Bingo: Crowdsourcing = Content developed by a group of people - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...

Spherical Flying Machine Developed by Japan Ministry Of Defense #DigInfo - YouTube
DigInfo TV - http://diginfo.tv 20/10/2011 TRDI Spherical flying machine

Google has developed a technology to tell whether 'facts' on the internet are true
The internet, we know all too well, is a cesspool of rumour and chicanery. But that could be destined to change.

High visibility clothing for females developed by Queensland woman
While they might be getting good salaries, women in the mining industry haven't had good options when it comes to their work uniforms.

Software is being developed to allow employers to trawl through your social media
Big data is inevitable, and it is already changing the way recruitment works.

Australian women trail developed world with contraception, says Family Planning NSW report
Australian women are behind the rest of the developed world when it comes to access to long-lasting, effective contraception, review finds.

Cocaine users identified with new test developed by UK university
&#8203;A new fingerprint test has been developed that can detect cocaine use.