Retrieving the description field or SQL Comment field from a view

Hi,

I have managed to use the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES to retrieve a list of all my views.

I was wondering if it was possible to retrieve the Description or SQL Comment field from a view via ADO.NET, which can be found in the Enterprise Manager Design View properties (right click - properties)

I want to hopefully utilize this field for dynamic page titling of a datagrid bound view.

 Many Thanks in anticipation!

0
garrygrimshaw

linking a sql field to point to the value of another sql field
is it possible to create hyperlinks in powerbuilder such that if you retrieve two fields from a database.. and want to display the first field on the screen and have it link to the value of the other field (when clicked) which is actually a URL address, you can? any help will be appreciated. thank you! ...

How to save a picture in a SQL image field and how to show a picture from a SQL image field
HI! I am searching now a real long time in the forum and I found a lot of stuff to this topic. But please help me it doesn't work! On my webapplication there is a possibility to save a private picture.If a new user is saved in the database I want to save a fixed picture as startpicture.Dim picturePath As String = Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH") & "img\anonymous.jpg" Please tell me the way how to save this anonymous.jpg from the picturePath into the database and after that how to display the picture. Thank you! .         ...

UserID field in SQL Express won't match to SQL 2000 field
Hi - I am using .net2, with Sql Express for the Users/Membership etc, and a SQL 2000 database for my actual web application.I want to associate my user in the aspnet_Users table of the SQL Express database, with records from the SQL 2000 database.In SQL Express the datatype for the UserID field is uniqueidentifier, length 16.  In SQL 2000 therefore, I added a table, with a column name of UserID as uniqueidentifier, length 16.When I try to insert the UserID from SQL Express into the UserID field of the SQL 2000 table, I get the error: Guid should containt 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxx...

description field vs. comment field
I am upgrading several PDMs from powerdesigner6.0 to powerdesigner 8.0. In 6.0, we put table description in the "descripton" tab. That seemed to be the only place to put it. However, since we upgrade to PD8.0, there is a "comment" field on the general tab and a "descripton" section under the "notes" tab. While importing the data model, all the table descriptions in the old "description" tab was put into the "description" section under the "notes" tab. This seems very innocent, but when I tried to sear...

How to call or retrieve fields from sql and display in table without using ADO.net, I'm using a dynamic link library....Is the coding different?
Help me! I'm doing my school project on Software Change Management Tool, CR Tracker. I want to display table in the webform, and the table data is retrieve form the sql server. So how do I call the sql so as to display the data in a table? hy..What does that dll contain ?Does it already contains relevant code to connect to a database ? Have a look hereThanksDinuj Nath The easy way to do this is with the use of a data bound grid. The Grid can be customised to look and feel you like. You will need to add a data adapter to your page and a grid. When you setup the data adapter you will nee...

How to retrieve Unit field from SQL ?
Hello,while making a custom module I saw that the Users' Unit field is stored in the 'PropertyValuesString' in aspnet_Profile table. Any idea about getting the Unit value knowing the UserID, in a SQL view or Stored Procedure?Sorry I know that the field has been moved from original Users table for long time, just I didn't need to develop custom module for 3.1 until now! :)Probably this have been discussed already in some other post, but my search in the forum didn't bring much joy...Thanks,DaveDotNetNuke.it - Comunità Italiana DNNRole: Development Manager http://forums.asp.net/874189/S...

retrieve a field/row from sql
Hi frens,  I am currently doing a project using web developer with sql server. I have created some tables which contain of my data and trying to retrieve it but i couldn't get it done. there's a text box,when i key in a word, i want it to retrieve the data from the sql database and list out all other data in other colummns/rows which match this the word that i have key in(one of the column). How can i make it? If ihave connected to the sql database using the wizard(connection string & tableadapter,do i still need to write my vb code thr?) I have spents few days on the database p...

How to define Comment fields with SQL
Using SQL Central I can define a comment as part of a column property. How do I do it using either SQL or ODBC? TIA E-mail from: Steve Garland,Hyper Logic Resource Group http://netnow.micron.net/~sgarland CAD Text Magician-CTM32 (Condoc Management), Paradox Infirmary & Resort (fix paradox files and more!) Delphi Visual CADD (tm)Component (HVCADD)- View and Manipulate AutoCAD (c) DWG Files See the COMMENT statement for adding comments programmatically. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, LLC Houston, TX ...

How to define field attribute for a numeric field in SQL table?
I need create a field to store tax rate. I need only 2 decimal points. I defined the field as decimal, precision=5 and scale=2. Does it mean that it can hold value from 0.00 to 999.99? Actually, it should be able to hold from -999.99 through 999.99. TerriTerri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question True... here comes my really problem. My aspx form always does rounding for me while I update the table. If I enter 0.7 it will become 0 in the table. If I enter 2.7 it will become 3 in the table. What is the trick? You'll have to show us your code surrounding th...

Retrieving field names through SQL query
Hi all! could you please tell me if there is the way I can retrieve the names of the fields of some table with the SQL query. It is supposed that I know the name of the table. TIA. Max "Maxim V. Dolgov" <mdolgov@media-tel.ru> wrote in message news:40c5a139@forums-2-dub... > Hi all! > could you please tell me if there is the way I can retrieve the names of > the fields of some table with the SQL query. It is supposed that I know the > name of the table. TIA. > > Max > > select name from syscolumns whe...

Retrieving file from SQL Image field
I'm trying to extract a file from SQL. The following sample works, but not with Option Strict = true Dim con As New SqlConnection _ ("Server=bcl8187;uid=sa;pwd=;database=aptest") Dim da As New SqlDataAdapter _ ("Select * From tblBLOB WHERE ID = 2", con) Dim MyCB As SqlCommandBuilder = New SqlCommandBuilder(da) Dim ds As New DataSet con.Open() da.Fill(ds, "MyImages") Dim myRow As DataRow myRow = ds.Tables("MyImages").Rows(0) Dim MyData() As Byte MyData = myRow(&...

Databinding form fields to a SQL datasource
I have a form and a sqldatasource that will have 1 item. I want to populate the textboxes and dropdownlists from the sqldatasource so that I do not have to check for null, can use 2 way databinding, and compareallvalues. How would I go about doing this? sorry if this is a duplicate post, I posted 3 hours ago and it did not appear... Not very clear your purpose.  What do you mean by "compare all values"? The 2- way binding to the textbox and dropdlownlists is: <ItemTemplate>    <asp:DropDownList id="ddl" SelectedValue='<% # Bind("xxx")%>' runa...

Sql fields.
What is the command to see how many lines were returned with a Select statement? @@ROWCOUNT***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

retrieve one field from sql table
hello , my application has uploading ability , in the sql am giving each uploaded file automatically an id , a primary key incremented by 1 , how can i have the Id of the uploaded file immediately when it's uploaded ?!?   Refer solution links: http://forums.asp.net/p/1040569/1450708.aspx http://forums.asp.net/t/1197815.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190315.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa259185.aspxSSNPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you. I read the links you gave me , I understood a bit but was kind l...

Web resources about - Retrieving the description field or SQL Comment field from a view - asp.net.sql-datasource

Resource Description Framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is similar to classic conceptual modeling approaches such as entity-relationship or class diagrams , as it is based upon the idea of making statements ...

‘Impressum’ Added To Facebook Page Descriptions For Some Pages In Italy?
... are being prompted to add an “impressum” — or a legally mandated statement of the ownership and authorship of a document — to their page descriptions. ...

In the recent transition, the Scripting News feed lost its descriptions. Fixed. ;-)
In the latest transition on "Scripting News" a bug appeared that caused my feed to lose its descriptions on new posts. This has now been fixed. ...

META Description - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
www.seroundtable.com/archives/016691.html

The Aristocats Everybody wants to be a Cat with lyrics in description - YouTube
Skat Cat: Well, little lady, let me illusidate here Everybody wants to be a cat Because a cat's the only cat Who knows were it's at Tom: Tell ...

Glenn O’Brien’s Ideal Job Description
It takes flair and a certain amount of years in the media business to execute the following maneuver , during an informal job interview, with ...

A good description
A good, personal description of one form of what we put under the umbrella label of "depression": Having anxiety & depression is like being ...

The NYT description of NYC in August quotes "The Great Gatsby."
From "New York Today: Empty City" : But in the winding-down of summer, the city moves at a slower pace, and the lazy days of August can be quite ...

An Angel Investor's Job Description
Being an angel investor has a certain cache. You’re sought after by entrepreneurs and assess the value of their ideas. You choose whether or ...

This Neural Network's Hilariously Bad Image Descriptions Are Still Advanced AI
When will a neural network know who Donald Trump is? How long until one can come up with a joke on its own? How about recognize Yoda? Read more... ...