Restoring a SQL Server Express 2005 Database to SQL Server Standard 2005

Hello,

If I backup and restore an express database to sql server 2005 standard, will there still be limitations in regards to the database size, cpu...etc.?

 Thanks,

Jon

0
jonbigs

I suppose that no. Limitations are connected to SQL engine not to database itself. But probably if your database will grow up connected to SQL Standard and you will try to move it back to SQL express you will be in trouble.

Thanks

JPazgier
0
jpazgier

Moving SQL Server 2005 Database to SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi, I have SQL Server 2005 in my Development machine but the hosting server has only SQL server 2005 Express. I was wondering if I develop the DB in SQL server 2005 would be able to move/deploy it to SQL Server Express in the production server? If so how? Can I just generate the script and then run it on the productions server? Or there is a better/easier way? Thanks in advanceShuaib----------------------- I don't anticipate any problems creating database in SQL Server 2005 and moving it to Express. If you need to generate the script to create an empty shell (no d...

If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly?
If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly? Thanks! Hi asdpai, I am not sure if I catch your meaning.But if you want to upgrade the SQL Server 2005 Express to SQL Server 2008 Express, you may refer to the following link: Version and Edition Upgradeshttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143393.aspxHow to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2008 (Setup)http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms144267.aspxJian KangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if t...

upgrading from sql server 2005 express edition to sql server 2005 express with advanced services
If i have been using sql server 2005 express for developing my application and i decide to upgrade to sql server 2005 express with advanced services while still working on the same application, what will happen to my  application's database. Can i be able to continue with my work with out any major regrets.--------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- I have answered you in this other thread there is no problem, if there is a problem I would have warned you.  Hope this helps.http://forums.asp.net/...

Sql Server 2005 Express or Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition
Hi all, I just installed my VS 2005 Pro (full installation) and it installed Sql Server Express 2005.  I also have a CD for Sql Server 2005 Developer Edition which I have not installed yet.  My need for Sql Server on my development machine is for building and testing apps - just myself - no users will be hitting my sql server on my PC.  Most of the time I hit my web server's sql server but also want the engine on my PC for when I'm offline. Question: Should I install the developer edition and remove sql server express?  Doesn't the developer edition more close...

Confliction between SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Hi,   My objective is using a single DB file (mdf file)  + SQL Server Express 2005 to run my program   I got two softwares here, Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. Firstly, I installed Visual Studio 2005, normally the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition will be installed with this software. After finishing the installation. I opened a new project and try to open a DB file (.mdf) from Visual Studio 2005, it works. The problem is that I can't restore the mdf file from an old database file since it lose a lot of functions that appear in SQL Server 2000 / SQL Server 2005. ...

Restoring a SQL Server 2005 database into SQL Server 2000
Hey guys  We currenlty have SQL Server 2000 installed inhouse for testing.  A client has given us a backup of their 2005 database and i'm wondering if the restore will work into 2000, or any issues i should be aware of. Should i just install msde locally on my machine and restore the database?  thanks Hi,Ask your client to backup database as 2000 format. There is an option for this in Microsoft SQL Server Managment Studio. Then download MSSMSE and install for yourself and try to restore database from it.If database doesn't use any 2005 features (rowcount for exampl...

How to convert a SQL Server 2005 Database to SQL Server Express
Hi, I have a SQL Server 2005 Database that I would like to export to SQL Server Express. How do I go about this? I've tried backing it up, creating a new (blank) SQL Server Express Database and trying to restore it, but get the following message: TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio------------------------------ Restore failed for Server 'PRODSOL-LAPTOP1\SQLEXPRESS'.  (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo) For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=9.00.2047.00&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOp...

How migrate SQL server 2000 database to SQL Server 2005 Express
I  have a  SQL server 2000 database.I have to migrate it to SQL Server 2005 Express.But I don't know how to do. Is any one can help me ? Thanks You can detach the database using sp_detach_db and then re-attach it to your SSE instance using sp_attach_db.  This should work seamlessly, but back up first, just in case.Adam MachanicSQL Server MVP...

Migrate Database from SQL Server 2005 beta 3 to Sql Server 2005 Release
Do you now, How can I move database with datas to release version of sql server? Procedores backup/restore can't help becouse of unsuported version database. Any ideas? What about generate a schema script?  Then run an install of your schema in a new query.  You could at least get the db schema but not the data.Eric RamseurRainbow Portal 2.0 AdminDownload Rainbow 2.0!!Rainbow Code Rainbow Portal CommunityC# 2005 Group but I have many datas...

Web resources about - Restoring a SQL Server Express 2005 Database to SQL Server Standard 2005 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Restoring Family Links - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The activities are carried out by the components of the RFL is sometimes also referred to as tracing. The ICRC and National Red Cross and Red ...

Michele Bachmann - Restoring Honor rally - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) holds her own Tea Party rally after Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. ...

Restoring the State Capitol Rotunda - YouTube
The most-visited public area of the State Capitol, the Rotunda, is completely closed for renovation work. Learn what's happening behind the temporary ...

In MSNBC Promo, Matthews Supplies Secret To Restoring Washington's Good Name: More Big-Government Programs ...
... nation's capital is in such ill-repute that if George Washington were around, he might sue to have his name taken off it. But never fear: restoring ...

Restoring the glory of ancient Babylon
New project aims to save key cultural heritage sites in Babylon, one of the most famed cities of antiquity and now an important archaeological ...

Big Idea: Restoring Aboriginal place names
Victoria has Mt Buggery. NSW has a Nobby's Head and a Chinaman's Knob. Tasmania has Dismal Swamp, South Australia has Foul Bay and Useless Loop ...

Attorney-General Brad Hazzard says restoring QCs 'is not my highest priority'
Attorney-General Brad Hazzard has weighed into an increasingly bitter debate about the reintroduction of the title of Queen's Counsel for senior ...

Restoring a 140-year-old Bowral home to its former glory involves much labour and love
The Cedar House has experienced many transformations in its 140-year history.

Herd approach restoring arid land
Allan Savory once killed 40,000 African elephants. Your local supermarket designs lighting specifically to deceive you that its food is more ...

US airlines begin restoring flights as weather warms
(Updates cancellation total in second paragraph.)