Reports building from SQL SERVER 2000 and .NET 1.1

Dear all

I would like to produce a report on the data i have in my database probably in a pdf or excel or word document. What i have is SQL Server 2000 with .NET 1.1 platform.

 Is there anything out there i could use?

I have done some work on reporting services but thats with SQL server 2005, but now i have to go a bit back.

Any advice?

cheers

Dan
0
Dan_dan

Or is there any other solution to the problem or producing reports in excel/word/pdf formats except for using Reporting services or crystal reports?

Dan
0
Dan_dan
11/16/2006 4:46:12 AM

You need SQL Server 2000 Enterprise edition or Developer edition it helps to have server operating systems, remember not to answer Windows questions unless you are forced or relevant questions, this is one of the hardest things to install, Windows ask stupid questions and stop your installation.  The two links below covers all you need, the download is in the first link.   Hope this helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/default.mspx

http://www.15seconds.com/Issue/041013.htm

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
0
Caddre

.net 1.1 to Sql Server 2000
How can i connect ASP.NET 1.1 to SQL Server 2000? Please help me.******** To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first **************** Using the SQLConnection...This is available in ToolBox DataTab..   Hi adonweb , Ado.net is supported in .net1.1(both sqlconnections, sqlcommand, sqldatareader etc are supported) , so I think you can connected to sql 2000 using .net1.1 the same way as .net2.0. Example from msdn:private static void ReadOrderData(string connectionString) { string queryString = "SELECT OrderID, CustomerID FROM dbo.Orders;"; u...

XML from SQL Server 2000 tables
i've to write an utility that runs all the time as a service, which extracs data from multiple sql tables and should generate xml data based on a particular schema (some data are optional, some are required in schema) and should store this xml in a file (say xml file).  db is sql server 2000.  .net we currently use 1.1 but planning to change soon to vs.net 2008. I have to write a program that extracts data from multiple tables (in the schema defined by us) and store it as xml in a file. This tables will have atleast 100-10000 records daily and i have to convert this data q...

.NET 1.1 and SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am migrating my client's site from SQL 2k to 2005. The site was built on .NET 1.1 In order to run SQL 2005, do we need to upgrade to .NET 2.0 in order to run the site? If we do need to upgrade to .net 2.0, is there any way to get around the problem and run it on .NET 1.1. This is because we have a lot of 3rd party componenet which only support .NET 1.1 Thanks in advance. Paul...

.net 1.1 and SQL Server 2005 #2
Hi,I run .net 1.1, VS2003 with SQL Server Enterprise Manager v 8.0 on my home XP Pro machine.I have recently purchased some hosting with SQL Server 2005 capabilities.  I was in a real rush but I should have checked I suppose.I would love to be able to use my Enterprise Manager but obviously that wont work as it isnt compatible with 2005. It would be preferable not to have to use the web based admin and I have been told I have to install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express, which requires .net 2.0 to be installed. It seems a bit of a mess really.Can anyone enlighten me as to w...

.NET 1.1 running on SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am migrating my client's site from SQL 2k to 2005. The site was built on .NET 1.1 In order to run SQL 2005, do we need to upgrade to .NET 2.0 in order to run the site? If we do need to upgrade to .net 2.0, is there any way to get around the problem and run it on .NET 1.1. This is because we have a lot of 3rd party componenet which only support .NET 1.1 Thanks in advance. Paul No. You would need the 2.0 framework for sure. I think the SQL 2005 installation wizard would detect and install the framework for you.You dont need to upgrade your application to VS 2005, however.*******...

Can .net 1.1 work with SQL SERVER 2005 ?
 What should I do if I want my asp.net 1.1 work with sql server 2005I get wrong message : SQL Server does not exist or access denied It's HARD to be Advanced ProgrammerIrwan. Well, you don't need to change any code.. there is no different of working against a SQL 2005, it's the same way as working against SQL server 2000 etc. If you have some problem to connect to the SQL Server 2005, just check your connection string if it's correct. For example if you provide the right user name and password etc. The connection string for connecting to a SQL Server 2000 and SQL Serv...

Using Pull method with SQL server and VB.Net 1.1
I am using the developer 11 version of Crystal. I have created a few reports successfully using the push method (creating a dataset, populating it then assigning it to the report). Because of decision making that is needed in some of the sub-reports etc. I chose to use a larger dataset rather than many more database lookups returning smaller data sets. I am trying to figure out whether I can accomplish some of this using the pull method. I need to be able to use the same report from multiple sites using differnt databases and credentials. It LOOKS like if I try to use the pull method I ha...

Writing Stored Procedure in .NET 1.1 and using in SQL Server 2005
Hi, I am working on an application in ASP.NET 1.1 and SQL Server 2005 as database.I wanted to use SQLCLR feature of SQL Server 2005. Is it possible that i write Stored Procedures in C# 1.1 and deploy on SQL Server 2005? as it is in case of C# 2.0. Please refer some good tutorial for it. Regards,Imran GhaniImran Abdul Ghani SQL Server requires 2.0. The .net team made a number of changes to the memory manager and gc so .net could be hosted in SQL Server....

moving data from vb.net 1.1 Datagrid to sql server 2005 database
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I am having. I can get the datagrid to populate from the database fine, like so:     Public Sub BindTheData()         Dim strConn As String        strConn = System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("ConnectionString")        Dim objConn As SqlConnection        objConn = New SqlConnection(strConn)        Dim myCmd As SqlComman...

Web resources about - Reports building from SQL SERVER 2000 and .NET 1.1 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Auditorium Building - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... -87.6251722 Coordinates : 41°52′33.95″N 87°37′30.62″W  /  41.8760972°N 87.6251722°W  / 41.8760972; -87.6251722 The Auditorium Building in ...

South China Sea: Beijing says it won't stop building on artificial islands
China said on Sunday it will continue to build military and civilian facilities on its artificial islands in the disputed South China Sea and ...

Girl, 5, stabbed multiple times outside apartment building in Ballarat; man arrested
... girl is in a critical condition after being stabbed multiple times in Ballarat. Police said the girl was stabbed outside an apartment building ...

Video Of The Week: Building Global Companies Quickly
Bloomberg’s Emily Chang did a great interview with Reid Hoffman earlier this week. I first caught some of it on Bloomberg’s TV channel. I cannot ...

Los Angeles is building a new LAX terminal so that the rich and famous can avoid regular people at the ...
Celebrities and diplomats will soon be able to travel in and out of Los Angeles' LAX airport without having to deal with protestors, paparazzi, ...

Five Injured In Fire At John Hancock Building
The Chicago Fire Department says a fire in the John Hancock Building Saturday afternoon is now under control and one person has been transported ...

1 injured in fire at Hancock building
Chicago Tribune 1 injured in fire at Hancock building Chicago Tribune A view of the John Hancock Center on Nov. 21, 2015 after reports a fire ...

China: Island-building is to protect reefs
China said it would continue to build military and civilian facilities on its artificial islands in the disputed South China Sea.

This Is The Original Taco Bell Building Being Relocated On The Back Of A Truck
It’s been nearly a year since we first told you about the possible demolition of a somewhat anonymous little building in Downey, CA , that nonetheless ...

DIY Tips: Building Your Own Airgun Range
BB guns are great fun, good for practice, affordable and quiet - Get started on your private range