Programmatically changing shared data sources when running SQL Reporting Service 2005 Reports

Can someone please help me or point me to the right sources on how I can possibly programmatically change the shared data source that was assigned to an RDL when a user runs it from my asp page? I have to create several reports and would like to have the option to let users choose the sql server to connect to and possibly different login credentials. What should I do?

Please help.

0
wrs

Hope these articles can help you -

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms252085(VS.80).aspx

http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/ASP.NET/Binding-Data-to-the-ReportViewer-Control-Dynamically-in-ASPNET-20/

When you ask a question, remember to click "mark as answered" when you get a reply which answers your question; this ensures the right forum member gets credit for being helpful (and makes search more relevant too).
0
akjoshi

How to design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications
Hi,   Can we design SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Reports in VS.NET 2005 web applications. If so how they can be designed. Plz help me if any one know the solution. Thanx in advance, Vidya     Are you asking if you can use VS.Net 2005 to design reports, yes, both client and server reports are built using VS.Net. If you are asking if you can use a web application to build a report, well yes you could, but you would have you design it.  All sql server reports are is an xml file, so if you can build a front end that will generate the xml in the proper ...

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

Report Specific Data Source in sql Server reporting Services
Hi everyone. I have problem in sql server reporting services. I have created a sql server report in viisual studio 2003 using the report specific data source, not shared data source. I also set the credentials when i define the data source for the report. When i test it in report manager, it runs nice and displays the required results. Now when i called this report in web application using the following URL:  <script>varpreview=window.open('http://phx-ps01/ReportServer?%2fISTEPS%2ftest&rs%3aClearSession=true&rc:Parameters=False');preview.focus();</script>...

.Net 2 web app and Reporting Services (both SQL 2000 and SQL 2005)... Can it be done?
My setup:.Net 2 web app running in [localhost] with AJAX extensions.  2 virtual web folders Reports and ReportServer for Reporting Services in SQL 2000.  I understand that RS (Reporting Services) for SQL 2000 only runs in .Net Framework 1.1, so I have set both Reports and ReportServer to run in a different application pool [ASP.NET 1.1] and set their .net Framework to 1.1.  But when I try to load a report through our app or try to load the Reports folder it reports and error in the web.config of our web app in localhost.  The error in the web.config is something specific ...

SQL Reporting Services 2005
Good day everyone,Here is my scenario. I'm always in the position where i create a report for the administration and the request 3 different more or ask for 10 modifications that differ from the original specs. SO, i was wondering, is there any tool i can use to allow my users to create their own report. The idea is that they would select the fields they want, specify order etc. All this in a GUI that is some kind of user friendly. Thanks for your help, Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. this is worth a look - http://www.izenda.com/Si...

Sql Server 2005 Reporting Service + Visual Studio.NET 2005
Hi, Iam new 2 sql server 2005 reporting services, I created a report server project with few reports and deployed in reportserver. Everything is working fine but i want to integrate these reports to my VS.net 2005 web appliction. Through the interface i have to pass the perameters to my reports. Iam looking for help thxs in advance PradeepPradeep Reddy Take a look over here for a working example : http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/ReportViewer.asp   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | SQL Server Tips Thxs Agarawal for ur quick help...but in da example he is creating reports in da application itself...but in my condition me already created a reportserver project and deployed in reportserver. But i want to access these reports in my webapplication...how to integrate this reportserver project to my web application.Pradeep Reddy Hi, Well in that case, this code should help you out : ReportViewer1.ServerUrl=@"http://localhost/ReportServer";ReportViewer1.ReportPath=@"/MyReports/Customer Orders";// Set the parametersReportViewer1.SetQueryParameter("OrderId",ddlOrders.SelectedValue);ReportViewer1.SetQueryParameter("City",txtCity.Text);   HTH,Suprotim Agarwal -----http://www.dotnetcurry.com-----  ASP.NET Grid With Excel Capabilities | 27 GridView Tips & Tricks | Hosting your site? | ...

use crystal report or reporting service in SQL 2005?
I used Crystal report .NET for a couple of years but do not really like it. Now, reporting service is available in SQL 2005. Someone can give me suggestion: use crystal report or reporting service in SQL 2005? Or use another product from third party?...

Creating Report using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express with SQL 2005 Reporting Services Add-In
Hi I am wanting to learn how to create a Report using SQL 2005 Reporting Services, I use Visual Web Developer 2005 Express and have installed the Reporting Services Add-In for Visual Web Developer 2005 Express. Does anyone here know of any good step-by-step tutorials on how to get started creating the reports. As I want something to go through how to create the datasource right through to creating / formating the report ready for use. Matthew       This links might help you:http://technoblab.blogspot.comhttp://www.databasejournal.comhttp://www.codeproject.com/...

SQL 2000 upgrade to SQL 2005 botched Reporting Services
I upgraded a SQL 2000 Enterprise server running on Win 2000 sp4 to SQL 2005 Enterprise. Reporting Services had not been installed on the server in it's SQL 2000 life. We only had 1 user database on the box. During the install process I choose to install Reporting Services among other options as we want this to be our company Report Server.  IIS and SMTP were already running on the box and I had installed the 2.0 version of the .NET Framework. Well - the upgrade went file but informed me that Reporting Services was installed but not configured and that I would have to use the...

Exporting custom No.of Pages from Sql Server Reporting Services 2005 report
Hi all I am using SSRS2005 in my ASP.Net 2.0 aplication. Here when export the report to either Pdf or Excel, I want to export custom no.of pages only. Eg: I have generated the report and the report consists of 10 pages. My requirement is I want to export only 5 pages. If any one of you comeacross this, please let me know. Thanks in Advance ...

Drill Through issue on Remote Server Report on SQL Reporting Services 2005
I have a server report that (processing mode = remote) that is a high level report.   I have configured one of the detail text box to have navigation to jump to report.   I have selected the report that will display a greater amount of detail.  I have run this report in the Visual Studio 2005 and the jumpt to report navigation works perfectly.   I then deployed the reports to my reporting server.  The high level report works perfectly no known isssues.  However when I click on the hyperlink to the jump to report the report view posts back and I se...

using Report specific data source in sql server report Problem
Hi I have problem in SQL Server reporting server. I have developed a sql server report, i used report specific data source instead of shared data source. when i test it in designer, it gives me coorect results, but when i call this report from asp.net application then it gives the following error. "One or more datasource credentials required to run the report have not been specified. (rsCredentialsNotSpecified)" I fixed the credentials in data source when i created for the report. If any body can help me, welcome Regards. Thanks in advance. Rizwan...

Very Basic Quesion about creating and deploying reports in SQL Server 2005 Reporting services
 Hello I have a basic question about reporting services.Here is the situation:1. I created a report project within SQL Server Business Intelligence studio  ( the database I used for the report is on another server).2. The report runs fine within my project when I do a right click on the report and select run.3. When I deploy the report on my localhost.4. I get this error "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'." Any Ideas...Thanks  Friend, check this http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/archive/2004/08/09/1895.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-...

Generate XLS, SpreadsheetML and XLSX reports in SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services allows you to export native Excel reports in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. Unlike the built-in renderer for Excel based reports, Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services provides an extended feature set and allows RDL reports to be converted to: Excel 97-2003 binary XLS format, SpreadsheetML or the Excel2007 XLSX format.  ...

.NET 2.0 Reporting Module using SQL Server Reporting Services
Hello Everyone,I have created a generic module using ASP.NET 2.0, MS SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. This module is intended to provide a generic user interface for selecting and generating reports. You can configure its respective table for your fixed or flexible parameters for each report. It also supports end user access level security for each report and report group which is generally required for any basic reporting module.You can view reports in two different styles:-- Drop down--Tree View And You can view your report in 3 supported formats.  This is an in...

Export data without Report Export button-SQL Reporting Service 2008
Hi to all,                 I'm using Visual Studio 2008,Asp.net 3.5 . I bind some records to the report my doubt is i bind the records to report but i dont want to show the report instead of that when the records are binded into the report i want to export the records by custom code how to do this(wihtout clicking Export button)?If this post is answer of your question then don't forgot to Click Mark As Answer jeyaseelan@ajsquare.net:Hi to all,           &n...

How to use report generated by sql server 2005 reporting services in web application
Dear All, I am making web application using Asp.net C#(Visual Studio2005). And Sql server 2005 as a back End  I now want to generate report using through sql server reporting services. Please give me some useful link so that I can able to use report generated by sql server 2005 through my web application   Thanks   ...

how to make printable reports without Crystal reports and SQL Reporting service
Hi guys I need printable reports in a web app , these reports must be colorful and well  formatted  ( header and footer ,lines around the page&…)  the problem is because of the hosting situation unfortunately  I cannot use neither of Crystal reports  and SQL Reporting service  also  we cannot use extra components  -that costs money for us- like PDF Creators .  I've thought of two possible solutions. 1st   I can do that in an HTML format   2nd  it is possible to  produce Images .  Creating Image is extreme...

Programmatically deploy SQL Server 2005 Reports and Datasource
Hi,I am working on a Installer Project, which requires to deploy SQL Server 2005 Reports (.rdl files) and Datasource (.rds file). The datasource is common for all reports. The report files are available in multiple folders (under D:\TestReport) and the .rds file is in a folder called 'Data Sources'. I wrote a VB.Net console application to do the task. I am able to deploy the report files under the specified folders. But I don't know how to deploy the rds file and assign that datasource to the report files.I have created s datasource based on the input. The datasource is created, ...

Generate Microsoft Powerpoint PPT and PPS reports in SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services is a rendering extension for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (x86 and x64) to generate reports in Microsoft PowerPoint PPT and PPS formats. All RDL report features including tables, matrices, charts and images are converted with the highest degree of precision to PowerPoint presentations or slide shows.  ...

Sharepoint list as data source for MS SQL Reporting Services ?
Hello,ever tried to PRINT something from a Sharepoint list ? I personnaly am not satisfied at all with the (as far as I know) only way of printing via Spread sheet export to Excel 2003 ( without any automatic formating).So, why not using MS SQL Reporting Services ? Seems a perfect possibility... BUT.. does anybody know anyway to use a sharepoint list as a data source for a report ?ORDoes anybody know of an other good printing possibility with a easy 'click-and-done' user interface ? Any ideas / suggestions are welcome ! Reporting Services will not use Sharepoint Lists a...

Changes related to PDF in SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
 Hi All,I am working on SQL Server 2005 reporting services. In reports I am required to make changes related to exporting report to PDF. Following are those changes: 1) Change PDF export page format to letter from legal 2) Fix page break to ensure that all details related to a specific issue are viewable on the same page In reports exporting is done through the control given by services itself. So can any one please guide me regarding how this changes can be done. Please help me ASAP...Thanks....    ...

sql server reporting services 2005 SQL Membership Provider need to implement Roles Provider.
I have an internet facing SSRS that I have implemented the SQL Member provider using the ASP.NET 2.0 SQL Membership Provider and the using one of the SQL Server 2005 server samples Reporting Services  Reporting Services\Extension Samples\FormsAuthentication Sample   and modified to use the SQL Membership provider  as written in this article...  http://blogs.msdn.com/bimusings/archive/2005/12/05/500195.aspx it works well but does not telegraph the roles...to the SSRS.  My Issue is: I need to implement the role provider in this configuration ...does anyon...

Web resources about - Programmatically changing shared data sources when running SQL Reporting Service 2005 Reports - asp.net.sql-datasource

[...] How to Programmatically Administer Off-Facebook Pages with the Open Graph API - Inside Facebook ...
With the Open Graph protocol that Facebook announced at last week’s f8 conference, any URL can now be treated just like a Facebook Page. After ...

Well, This Is Different Time Inc. Now Selling Print Ads Programmatically
Machines are now selling some print ads at Time Inc. The nation's largest magazine publisher owner of People, Time, Sports Illustrated and InStyle ...

Time Inc. Sells Print Ads Programmatically
Time Inc. is stepping into the future of advertising. The company is now allowing advertisers to use programmatic advertising — the buying and ...

Wesabe makes Financial Data available programmatically
Wesabe has just done what I've been trying to convince banks to do for years. They're making financial data available via a simple POX (Plain ...

MarTech Today: Amplitude’s Compass, deep dive into beacons & most marketers buy programmatically
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing ...

IPG Begins Buying Local Broadcast Programmatically: Can Target, Retarget Viewers In Near Real-Time
In what likely is the most significant development yet to bring programmatic media-buying to local broadcast television, Interpublic's Mediabrands ...

Google Launches Cloud SQL API To Allow Developers To Manage Their Databases Programmatically
... to use Google’s admin interface. Today, however, Google is launching the Cloud SQL API . This new REST API will allow developers to programmatically ...

Are Programmatically Purchased Native Ads Native Enough?
It seems everyone and their mothers are pushing native ad units and tools to support them. Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and most recently AOL all ...

AT&amp;T Plans to Sell Linear TV Programmatically
AT&T plans to start selling linear TV ads on cable networks on U-verse and DirecTV via automated software later this year as part of a partnership ...

Most Major U.S. Publishers Now Sell Ads Programmatically
Most major online publishers in the U.S. now sell at least some of their ad space using automated "programmatic" technology, according to new ...