Procedure or Function 'stored procedure name' expects parameter which was not supplied

Has anyone encountered this before?

Procedure or Function 'stored procedure name' expects parameter '@parameter', which was not supplied.

It seems that my code is not passing the parameter to the stored procedure.

When I click this hyperlink:

<asp:HyperLink

ID="HyperLink1"

Runat="server"

NavigateUrl='<%# "../Division.aspx?CountryID=" + Eval("CountryID")%>'

Text='<%# Eval("Name") %>'

ToolTip='<%# Eval("Description") %>'

CssClass='<%# Eval("CountryID").ToString() == Request.QueryString["CountryID"] ? "CountrySelected" : "CountryUnselected" %>'>

</asp:HyperLink>

it is suppose to get the country name and description, based on the country id.

I am passing the country id like this.

{

PopulateControls();

}

private void PopulateControls()

{

string countryId = Request.QueryString["CountryID"];

if (countryId != null)

{

CountryDetails cd = DivisionAccess.GetCountryDetails(countryId);

divisionNameLabel.Text = cd.Name;

divisionDescriptionLabel.Text = cd.Description;

}

}

To my app code like this:

public struct CountryDetails

{

public string Name;

public string Description;

}

public

static class DivisionAccess

{

static DivisionAccess()

public static DataTable GetCountry()

{

DbCommand comm = GenericDataAccess.CreateCommand();

comm.CommandText = "GetCountry";

return GenericDataAccess.ExecuteSelectCommand(comm);

}

public static CountryDetails GetCountryDetails(string cId)

{

DbCommand comm = GenericDataAccess.CreateCommand();

comm.CommandText = "GetCountryDetails";

DbParameter param = comm.CreateParameter();

param.ParameterName =

"@CountryID";

param.Value = 2;

param.DbType =

DbType.Int32;

comm.Parameters.Add(param);

DataTable table = GenericDataAccess.ExecuteSelectCommand(comm);

CountryDetails details = new CountryDetails();

if (table.Rows.Count > 0)

{

details.Name = table.Rows[0][

"Name"].ToString();

details.Description = table.Rows[0][

"Description"].ToString();

}

return details;

}

As you can see I have two stored procedures I am calling, one does not have a parameter and the other does. The getcountry stored procedure returns the list of countries in a menu that I can click to see the details of that country. That is where my problem is when I click the country name I get

Procedure or Function 'GetCountryDetails' expects parameter '@CountryID', which was not supplied

Someone please help!

Thanks Nickdel68

0
nickdel68

Hello my friend,

You need to set the CommandType of the command object.

comm.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;

Kind regards

Scotty

0
ask_Scotty
3/26/2007 10:01:44 PM

Hell Scotty,

Sorry I didn't post it but yes, I did set the CommandType.

DbCommand comm = conn.CreateCommand();

comm.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;

return comm;

 I have this in my GenericDataAccess.cs page.

I am not sure this helps but when I replace Request.QueryString["CountryID"] in this code,

private void PopulateControls()

{

string countryId = Request.QueryString["CountryID"];

if (countryId != null)

{

CountryDetails cd = DivisionAccess.GetCountryDetails(countryId);

divisionNameLabel.Text = cd.Name;

divisionDescriptionLabel.Text = cd.Description;

}

}

with the actual countryid, the code works. It is as if it just is not requesting the countryid correctly.

any thoughts?

thanks,

Nick

0
nickdel68
3/27/2007 3:50:24 PM
Hi Ni
0
ask_Scotty
3/27/2007 4:34:40 PM

Hi Nick,

This would seem to be the reason.  I would view the generated html source and see that the hyperlink is generating the correct url.  I would guess that it is not.

Kind regards

Scotty

0
ask_Scotty
3/27/2007 4:37:23 PM

Hello Scotty,

Ok I can see the URL when I pass my mouse over the link. It looks good. When I click the link, the url also looks good. Is there another way I should check it?

Thanks,

Nick

0
nickdel68

Error-Procedure 'SP Name' expects parameter '@Name', which was not supplied.
 I used grid view to delete one row.In that time i got the error like "Procedure 'SP Name' expects parameter '@Name', which was not supplied". My code is :protected void dgProject_RowDeleting(object sender, GridViewDeleteEventArgs e) {GridViewRow row = dgProject.Rows[e.RowIndex]; string a = row.Cells[1].Text;string b = row.Cells[2].Text; SqlDataSource1.ConnectionString = MyDataBase;SqlDataSource1.DeleteCommandType = SqlDataSourceCommandType.StoredProcedure; SqlDataSource1.DeleteCommand = "SP Name";SqlDataSource1.DeleteParameters.Add("Na...

Procedure or Function 'retrieve_product' expects parameter '@productPrice', which was not supplied.
Hi i am getting this error whenever i try to execute a stored procedure, below is my stored procedure;  ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[retrieve_product] -- Add the parameters for the stored procedure here @productPrice decimal (10,2), @productInfoURL varchar (255), @categoryName varchar (255),@companyName varchar (255), @subCategoryName varchar (255), @companyWebsiteURL varchar (255) AS BEGIN -- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from -- interfering with SELECT statements. SET NOCOUNT ON; -- Insert statements for procedure here SELECT Categories.categoryName, SubC...

Procedure or function 'selectFromView' expects parameter '@Year', which was not supplied. ???
 hay all, i'm trying to pass parameters to a stored procedure ..and i keep getting this error "Procedure or function 'selectFromView' expects parameter '@Year', which was not supplied." this is the procedure implementation : ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.selectFromView @Year as varchar(10), @Country as varchar(10), @Family as varchar(10), @Manu as varchar(10), @Status as varchar(10), @Type as varchar(10), @Operator as varchar(10) AS SELECT * FROM ViewofAll WHERE ProductionYear = @Year...

Procedure or Function 'UpdateContactInfoProc' expects parameter '@SUBURB', which was not supplied.
I tried to use this update stored procedure from a objectdatasource which calls the method "UpdateCompanyInfo", however, once I leave an item to be empty I got the error as title.My stored procedure:ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.UpdateContactInfoProc@Contact_ID int,@Contact_Type_ID int,@Name nvarchar(100),@TEL nvarchar(50),@EMAIL nvarchar(50),@ADDRESS nvarchar(200),@SUBURB nvarchar(50),@FAX nvarchar(50),@STATE nvarchar(50),@POSTCODE nvarchar(50),@COUNTRY nvarchar(50),@Description textASUpdate Contactset Contact_Type_ID = @Contact_Type_ID, [Name] = @Name, TEL = @TEL, EMAIL = @EMAIL, ADDRESS=@...

Procedure or Function 'syl_EmailQueueInsert' expects parameter '@EmailCC', which was not supplied.
We have a email table in the database (SQL Server 2005). When we try to execute the Insert Stored Proc in the database to add a record and leave the EmailCC and EmailBCC fields blank we are getting the following error: Msg 201, Level 16, State 4, Procedure syl_EmailQueueInsert, Line 0Procedure or Function 'syl_EmailQueueInsert' expects parameter '@EmailCC', which was not supplied. The EmailCC and EmailBCC are set to allow nulls. Shouldn’t the system automatically insert nulls into those colums if no value is supplied??? What am I doing wrong? Newbie I a...

Procedure or Function 'SubscribeToNewsletters' expects parameter '@emailAddress', which was not supplied.
Hi i have been trying to insert some values selected in a checkbox list into the database, however it is giving me the following error "Procedure or Function 'SubscribeToNewsletters' expects parameter '@emailAddress', which was not supplied. "public void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) -- on page load the checkbox list is populated through stored procedure (stream_NewsletterTypes) { try {SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["streamConnectionString"].ConnectionString); SqlCommand command = new SqlCommand(...

Procedure 'sp03_Delete_Usuario' expects parameter '@AN001_CDUSUARIO', which was not supplied.
I´m having problem to delete/update using stored procedure with gridview. Actually I made an update and delete work but just by itself not togheter. I made update ONLY works If I dont pass any fields from gridview to datakeynames and the delete show the following error: Procedure 'sp03_Delete_Usuario' expects parameter '@AN001_CDUSUARIO', which was not supplied. But the delete ONLY works if I pass all the fields form gridview to datakeynames. So the update stops to work. The code is:<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeF...

Procedure 'Create_User' expects parameter '@Password', which was not supplied.
Hi AllGetting Procedure 'Create_User' expects parameter '@Password', which was not supplied errorI can't register new user in role based system app, the following code is from register.aspx: private void Submit_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { User user; if (Context.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated) user = new User(((SiteIdentity)User.Identity).UserID); else user = new User(); user.FullName = FullName.Text; user.Email = Email.Text; user.Password = Password.Text; user.Biography = Biography.Text; if (Context.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated) { user.Update(); Response.Redirec...

Procedure 'sp_GetEEByDept' expects parameter '@tkdept', which was not supplied.
I have a basic vb.net form with a few text fields and dropdown boxes.  In one of the dropdown boxes, I ask the user to select a department.  After the user selects the department, I want to fill another dropdown box with employees that belong to the selected dept.  I keep getting an error for my procedure that is to get the employees, because I can't figure out how to pass in the department selected in the first drop down box.  ARGH... Also, do I need to set the employee dropdown box visible to false until the first dropdown selection is made, otherwise, it'd be b...

Procedure 'CRMC_ProductDetails' expects parameter '@Color', which was not supplied
I keep getting this error when I browse the productsdetail.aspx page... I am using the C# SDK version of the Commerce kit... I have added a new col in th eDB called "Color", and *thought* that I had fixed the strored proc, and the product.cs file... I can get the color from the db to display on the productslist.aspx page fine... Any ideas? Did you modify the ProductDetails GetProductDetails function in productsdb.cs?...

Procedure 'x' expects parameter '@y' which was not supplied.
I'm trying to update a member's record via stored procedure. The procedure is thus: ********************************* CREATE PROCEDURE upd_MemberProfile( @MemberID VarChar(10), @FirstName VarChar(20), @LastName VarChar(20), @Address VarChar(50), @City VarChar(40), @StateID Char(2), @ZipCode Char(5), @Email VarChar(30), @PayPalSubscrID VarChar(22) ) AS UPDATE Members SET FirstName = @FirstName, LastName = @LastName, Address = @Address, City = @City, StateID = @StateID, ZipCode = @ZipCode, Email = @Email, PayPalSubscrID = @PayPalSubscrID WHERE Me...

Procedure 'JaiDeleteUser' expects parameter '@user_name', which was not supplied

Error--Procedure 'SP_Insert_NewPipeLine' expects parameter '@CompanyId', which was not supplied.
Can any body help me in solving this problem. First I use to get Error which reads "Object Must Implement Iconvertible" After using the overloaded Sp.paramerers.add() function It started giving this problem. I am giving the sample code. ConObject = new SqlConnection(ConString); ConObject.Open(); string SpString ="dbo.SP_Insert_NewPipeLine"; SqlCommand CmdObject = new SqlCommand(SpString,ConObject); CmdObject.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; CmdObject.Parameters.Add("@RequestTypeId",SqlDbType.Int,4,"0"); //CmdObject.Parameters["@RequestTypeId"].Value= 0; CmdObject.Parame...

SQL_Error Procedure 'DelectHostName' expects parameter '@Host', which was not supplied.
How do I supply the parameter @Host?  Below is the part of my code that has the call to the stored procedure  public void DeleteHostName() { // start of the method using (SqlConnection cn = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["ConnectionString"]))            {                 cn.Open();                SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("hnDeleteHost&...

Web resources about - Procedure or Function 'stored procedure name' expects parameter which was not supplied - asp.net.sql-datasource