Procedure 'JaiDeleteUser' expects parameter '@user_name', which was not supplied

<head id="Head1" runat="server">

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

</asp:ScriptManager>

<asp:Label ID="lblUserInfo" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>

ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:JaiConnectionString %>"

DeleteCommand="JaiDeleteUser" DeleteCommandType="StoredProcedure" SelectCommand="SELECT users.user_name, users.user_pass, user_roles.role_name, users.VendorId FROM users INNER JOIN user_roles ON users.user_name = user_roles.user_name"

UpdateCommand="JaiUpdateUser" UpdateCommandType="StoredProcedure">

<DeleteParameters>

<asp:Parameter Name="user_name" Type="String" />

<asp:Parameter Name="user_pass" Type="String" />

<asp:Parameter Name="role_name" Type="String" />

<asp:Parameter Name="VendorId" Type="Int32" />

</DeleteParameters>

<UpdateParameters>

<asp:Parameter Name="user_name" Type="String" />

<asp:Parameter Name="user_pass" Type="String" />

<asp:Parameter Name="role_name" Type="String" />

<asp:Parameter Name="VendorId" Type="Int32" />

</UpdateParameters>

</asp:SqlDataSource>

<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AllowSorting="True"

AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1">

<Columns>

<asp:CommandField ShowDeleteButton="True" ShowEditButton="True" />

<asp:BoundField DataField="user_name" HeaderText="user_name"

SortExpression="user_name" />

<asp:BoundField DataField="user_pass" HeaderText="user_pass"

SortExpression="user_pass" />

<asp:BoundField DataField="role_name" HeaderText="role_name"

SortExpression="role_name" />

<asp:BoundField DataField="VendorId" HeaderText="VendorId"

SortExpression="VendorId" />

</Columns>

</asp:GridView>

</form> </body>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<Stored Procedure>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[JaiDeleteUser]
@user_name varchar (25), @user_pass varchar (25), @role_name Varchar (15), @VendorId int
AS

begin
Delete from user_roles where user_name =@user_name
DELETE FROM [users] WHERE user_name =@user_name
end
GO

I am getting the error

Procedure 'JaiDeleteUser' expects parameter '@user_name', which was not supplied

whenever I try to delete a record. While Updating works with no problem. Please help.

0
tingu

Try changing the parameter names

<DeleteParameters>

<asp:Parameter Name="@user_name" Type="String" />

<asp:Parameter Name="@user_pass" Type="String" />

<asp:Parameter Name="@role_name" Type="String" />

<asp:Parameter Name="@VendorId" Type="Int32" />

</DeleteParameters>

Regards,
Prashant

Prashant
2/10/2008 3:00:18 PM

Hi Prshant,

I changed the parameters to what you said but now I am getting following error.

@@user_name is not a parameter for procedure JaiDeleteUser

Please help.

Regards

Jai

0
tingu
2/11/2008 4:52:41 AM

 Sorry about my previous response. I don't know what I was thinking when I suggested that. The parameter names that you are using are perfectly fine.

From the error message it appears that the parameters are missing. Form your code I can see that you have specified the DeleteParameters but where are you assigning the values to these parameters

Regards,
Prashant

Prashant
2/11/2008 5:55:32 AM

I am new to this so having problems and might pose more irritating questions.

I apologise for that before hand.

This is what I have done. I have a sql datasource and a grid view is bound to it.

I have added "Enable Editing" and "Enable Deleting" for the gridview.

Now when I use the edit link in gridview, i am able to edit entries inline, but when I try to delete I get the error.

I have no code in code behind. Where am i wrong?

Also I may mention that "VendorId" could be NULL (I don't know whether it is of importance or not)

Thanx

0
tingu
2/11/2008 6:07:10 AM

Help Anyone????

0
tingu
2/12/2008 3:57:43 AM

help anyone ?

Sorry for double post

0
tingu

Based on the code you provided, I think you are you forget to set the DataKeyNames property in your GridView control, which can be the identity in your delete operation.

<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AllowSorting="True" DataKeyNames=”user_name”
AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1">

Besides, in your user_name bound field, since you would update records based on that field, so it’s better to set the ReadOnly property to True.

Thanks.

Michael Jin.
Microsoft Online Community Support

Nai
2/12/2008 7:00:11 AM

Thanx Michael Jin,

Your solution worked.

 Regards

Jai

0
tingu

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

Procedure 'sp_GetEEByDept' expects parameter '@tkdept', which was not supplied.
I have a basic vb.net form with a few text fields and dropdown boxes.  In one of the dropdown boxes, I ask the user to select a department.  After the user selects the department, I want to fill another dropdown box with employees that belong to the selected dept.  I keep getting an error for my procedure that is to get the employees, because I can't figure out how to pass in the department selected in the first drop down box.  ARGH... Also, do I need to set the employee dropdown box visible to false until the first dropdown selection is made, otherwise, it'd be b...

Procedure 'x' expects parameter '@y' which was not supplied.
I'm trying to update a member's record via stored procedure. The procedure is thus: ********************************* CREATE PROCEDURE upd_MemberProfile( @MemberID VarChar(10), @FirstName VarChar(20), @LastName VarChar(20), @Address VarChar(50), @City VarChar(40), @StateID Char(2), @ZipCode Char(5), @Email VarChar(30), @PayPalSubscrID VarChar(22) ) AS UPDATE Members SET FirstName = @FirstName, LastName = @LastName, Address = @Address, City = @City, StateID = @StateID, ZipCode = @ZipCode, Email = @Email, PayPalSubscrID = @PayPalSubscrID WHERE Me...

Procedure 'CRMC_ProductDetails' expects parameter '@Color', which was not supplied
I keep getting this error when I browse the productsdetail.aspx page... I am using the C# SDK version of the Commerce kit... I have added a new col in th eDB called "Color", and *thought* that I had fixed the strored proc, and the product.cs file... I can get the color from the db to display on the productslist.aspx page fine... Any ideas? Did you modify the ProductDetails GetProductDetails function in productsdb.cs?...

Procedure 'Create_User' expects parameter '@Password', which was not supplied.
Hi AllGetting Procedure 'Create_User' expects parameter '@Password', which was not supplied errorI can't register new user in role based system app, the following code is from register.aspx: private void Submit_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { User user; if (Context.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated) user = new User(((SiteIdentity)User.Identity).UserID); else user = new User(); user.FullName = FullName.Text; user.Email = Email.Text; user.Password = Password.Text; user.Biography = Biography.Text; if (Context.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated) { user.Update(); Response.Redirec...

Procedure 'sp03_Delete_Usuario' expects parameter '@AN001_CDUSUARIO', which was not supplied.
I´m having problem to delete/update using stored procedure with gridview. Actually I made an update and delete work but just by itself not togheter. I made update ONLY works If I dont pass any fields from gridview to datakeynames and the delete show the following error: Procedure 'sp03_Delete_Usuario' expects parameter '@AN001_CDUSUARIO', which was not supplied. But the delete ONLY works if I pass all the fields form gridview to datakeynames. So the update stops to work. The code is:<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeF...

Procedure or Function 'SubscribeToNewsletters' expects parameter '@emailAddress', which was not supplied.
Hi i have been trying to insert some values selected in a checkbox list into the database, however it is giving me the following error "Procedure or Function 'SubscribeToNewsletters' expects parameter '@emailAddress', which was not supplied. "public void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) -- on page load the checkbox list is populated through stored procedure (stream_NewsletterTypes) { try {SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["streamConnectionString"].ConnectionString); SqlCommand command = new SqlCommand(...

Procedure or Function 'retrieve_product' expects parameter '@productPrice', which was not supplied.
Hi i am getting this error whenever i try to execute a stored procedure, below is my stored procedure;  ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[retrieve_product] -- Add the parameters for the stored procedure here @productPrice decimal (10,2), @productInfoURL varchar (255), @categoryName varchar (255),@companyName varchar (255), @subCategoryName varchar (255), @companyWebsiteURL varchar (255) AS BEGIN -- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from -- interfering with SELECT statements. SET NOCOUNT ON; -- Insert statements for procedure here SELECT Categories.categoryName, SubC...

Procedure or function 'selectFromView' expects parameter '@Year', which was not supplied. ???
 hay all, i'm trying to pass parameters to a stored procedure ..and i keep getting this error "Procedure or function 'selectFromView' expects parameter '@Year', which was not supplied." this is the procedure implementation : ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.selectFromView @Year as varchar(10), @Country as varchar(10), @Family as varchar(10), @Manu as varchar(10), @Status as varchar(10), @Type as varchar(10), @Operator as varchar(10) AS SELECT * FROM ViewofAll WHERE ProductionYear = @Year...

Procedure or Function 'UpdateContactInfoProc' expects parameter '@SUBURB', which was not supplied.
I tried to use this update stored procedure from a objectdatasource which calls the method "UpdateCompanyInfo", however, once I leave an item to be empty I got the error as title.My stored procedure:ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.UpdateContactInfoProc@Contact_ID int,@Contact_Type_ID int,@Name nvarchar(100),@TEL nvarchar(50),@EMAIL nvarchar(50),@ADDRESS nvarchar(200),@SUBURB nvarchar(50),@FAX nvarchar(50),@STATE nvarchar(50),@POSTCODE nvarchar(50),@COUNTRY nvarchar(50),@Description textASUpdate Contactset Contact_Type_ID = @Contact_Type_ID, [Name] = @Name, TEL = @TEL, EMAIL = @EMAIL, ADDRESS=@...

Error--Procedure 'SP_Insert_NewPipeLine' expects parameter '@CompanyId', which was not supplied.
Can any body help me in solving this problem. First I use to get Error which reads "Object Must Implement Iconvertible" After using the overloaded Sp.paramerers.add() function It started giving this problem. I am giving the sample code. ConObject = new SqlConnection(ConString); ConObject.Open(); string SpString ="dbo.SP_Insert_NewPipeLine"; SqlCommand CmdObject = new SqlCommand(SpString,ConObject); CmdObject.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; CmdObject.Parameters.Add("@RequestTypeId",SqlDbType.Int,4,"0"); //CmdObject.Parameters["@RequestTypeId"].Value= 0; CmdObject.Parame...

SQL_Error Procedure 'DelectHostName' expects parameter '@Host', which was not supplied.
How do I supply the parameter @Host?  Below is the part of my code that has the call to the stored procedure  public void DeleteHostName() { // start of the method using (SqlConnection cn = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["ConnectionString"]))            {                 cn.Open();                SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("hnDeleteHost&...

Procedure or Function 'syl_EmailQueueInsert' expects parameter '@EmailCC', which was not supplied.
We have a email table in the database (SQL Server 2005). When we try to execute the Insert Stored Proc in the database to add a record and leave the EmailCC and EmailBCC fields blank we are getting the following error: Msg 201, Level 16, State 4, Procedure syl_EmailQueueInsert, Line 0Procedure or Function 'syl_EmailQueueInsert' expects parameter '@EmailCC', which was not supplied. The EmailCC and EmailBCC are set to allow nulls. Shouldn’t the system automatically insert nulls into those colums if no value is supplied??? What am I doing wrong? Newbie I a...

Web resources about - Procedure 'JaiDeleteUser' expects parameter '@user_name', which was not supplied - asp.net.sql-datasource