Problem with analytic sql function (The OVER SQL construct or statement is not supported)

Hi All!

Could You comment the next situation:
I'm configuring my TableAdapter just like Scott Mitchell does in his tutorial
http://www.asp.net/learn/data-access/tutorial-70-vb.aspx
The only principal difference is that I need Insert/update and delete
methods to be generated (His aim is only SELECT).
I'm also using analytic function (ROW_NUMBER) and I'm also gettin
warning “The OVER SQL construct or statement is not supported.” You
say then that it could be ignored. But, in this case statements to
modify data (insert/update and delete) aren't being generated, though
after warning SQL command is executed without errors.

So, the question is obvious - why does this warning occur and how must
I perform configuration of TableAdapter based on SQL query with
analytic function?

Am I Evil?
Yes I Am!
0
wazzzuup

Manually create your own insert/update/delete statements.  The wizard isn't there to do it all.

0
Motley

SQL Server does not support LIMIT keyword in SQL Statement?
What is the SQL Server equivalent of the LIMIT keyword available in MySQL? SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE ID = @ID LIMIT 1 this SQL does not work? I get an error saying that there is an error at keyword LIMIT. When I remove LIMIT 1, it works... is there anything like this in SQL Server? Euhm, can you tell us what LIMIT does? If it only returns the first row, you can use the standard SQL 'TOP' keyword: SELECT TOP 1 * FROM ...Bart De Smet [MVP] Visit www.msdn.be, www.bartdesmet.net LIMIT is used in MySQL database for example, it does returns the specified amount of records a...

SQL Logging SQL Statement
Hi at All!! I use ASA 7 so I'd like to know if there is a way to logging the sql instruction that database server dbsrv7, receive from clients ? I need this because a client that use odbc connection after performing an insert into a table, the client receive the Message: "SQL truncate". I need to know the field on the table that generate this warning!! Thanks in advance Massimo The tool that does this is called "request-level logging" and in V7 you have to enable it from the command line when you start the server, using the -zr (and optionally -zo) c...

Does Sybase T-Sql support custom functions like MS Sql
Can I create a custom function that returns a value that can be used in a select cmd? For example create function getValue(@1stValue int, @2ndValue varchar(8)) returns int as return @1stValue + @2stValue select getValue(t.c1, t.c2) from t Thanks You can create user-defined functions in ASE using the Java features (may require an additional license) and use them in this fashion. See the CREATE FUNCTION command in the ASE 12.5.1 Reference Manual for more details. -bret GG wrote: > > Can I create a custom function that returns a value that can be used...

Why these two SQL statement return differently? using ROUND() function in Transact-SQL
Hello, DECLARE @x DECIMAL SET @x = 65.554 SELECT ROUND(@x, 1) --this returns 66 SELECT ROUND(65.554, 1) --this returns 65.600 can someone explain to me why is like that?  Thank you   Always specify the size for the parameters. For example: Decimal(10,3). ***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** DECLARE @x DECIMAL(10,3) SET @x = 65.554 SELECT ROUND(@x,1) SELECT ROUND(65.554,1) both return the same answer. ndinakar & Motley Thank you two very much.  I got it.  :)...

sql or my sql query
hi,in my database  i have the two tables...1)programs                                2)reservedin the programs...two fields 1)program id           2)maxseats................these details wil be entered by adminin the reserved table  two fileds ..1)PRogramid        2)statusmy requirement is .. i need the available seats..meansif any body is intersted in  any program...they wil select the program...then status becomes approved(1)..then i need the o/p as ...

SQL > My SQL
I have a problem, my asp.net page wants to connect to the sql server, but it has to be the mysql. How can I solve this problem? This is my code: <%@ page explicit="true" language="VB" debug="true" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %> <html> <script runat="server"> sub page_load(sender as object, e as eventargs) If Not IsPostBack Then dim connect as sqlconnectio...

SQL Express to SQL ?
I am developing a site using the express edition of all tools (VWD and SQL Express).  I want to use GoDaddy hosting and was wondering if I will be able to effectively put my SQL database and website up on their hosting even though it was developed via Express edition of Microsoft programs?...

SQL A and SQL Server
Hi I heard SQL Server used to be owned by Watcom is this true? Is SQL Anywhere, therefore, similar to SQL Server? -- Regards, John Not quite true. SQL Anywhere was created by Watcom. SQLServer was created by Sybase, and Microsoft licensed the technology. So MSSQL and ASE have common roots, not SQLAnywhere. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] "John Kingan" <john.kingan@abibuildingdata.com> wrote in message news:40d82aa1$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi I heard SQL Server used to be owned by Watcom is this true? Is SQL > Anywhere, therefore, similar to SQL Ser...

SQL Server Problem.(SQL-28000)
------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C12642.735DD1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I'm a newbie here and have a question regarding the use of DBI::ODBC with SQL Server. I've checked the mail archives and seen others with the same problem but have yet to come across the solution. Here's what I'm doing: (note: actual user name and password have been changed here). use DBI; my %attr = ( PrintError => 1, RaiseError => 1 ); $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:ODBC:LocalServer", &...

SQL Function for MS-SQL compatibilty
Hi, There is any chance that Sybase implement customize SQL function in ASE ? We would make softwares who be compatible with both database ASE 12... and MS SQL 2000. At this time, we do it except for SQL Function. Nobody have some information on it ? thx This was an ISUG enhancement request (9310_18) that "went nowhere". Then there is request e01_274 which is basically the same. Sybase has indicated to ISUG that it is planned. Which future release is the interesting question. "Raynald M." <no_spam_bilou120000@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

SQL function using dynamic sql.
 Hi all I am trying to pass a column name as a variable in a function but it will not let me.  I am sure it is something stupid. I know that you cannot pass a column in a normal select statement as a variable. You have to execute it dynamically, however you cannot use the exec in a function. Please see code belowALTER FUNCTION dbo.GetData(@ColumnName varchar(50))RETURNS Decimal(18,4)ASBEGINDECLARE @Value Decimal(18,4)SET @Value = (SELECT + @ColumnName + FROM Policy   WHERE Grade = 'Revised') -- Tried this way, does not work need to use ExecSET @Value = Exec(&...

The PRINT SQL construct or statement is not supported
hi all Does anyone know what I use instead of  'PRINT' ?  I recieve this error: " The PRINT SQL construct or statement is not supported." I'm trying to run this query within the Query Builder.  It determines specific disclaimers for whomever is logged in.  IF (SELECT     tblEmployer.EmployerTypeIDNo      FROM          aspnet_Users INNER JOIN                 ...

Web resources about - Problem with analytic sql function (The OVER SQL construct or statement is not supported) - asp.net.sql-datasource

Construct (philosophy) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A construct in the philosophy of science is an ideal object , where the existence of the thing may be said to depend upon a subject's mind . ...

Transformers Construct-Bots on the App Store on iTunes
Get Transformers Construct-Bots on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Create & Construct - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
nota 10 pro desenho mais feio visto pela humanidade

Mechanic Constructs Drivable "Upside Down Truck" - YouTube
Mechanic Constructs Drivable "Upside Down Truck" Barcroft Cars - The Home Of Amazing Car Stories Online SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/1sHvkD5 A man ...

Winning buildings no mere construct
Winning buildings no mere construct

Tibet constructs 6000 low-rent housing units in 2013
Tibet constructs 6000 low-rent housing units in 2013 People's Daily Online These low-rent apartments, with an overall floor area of 300,000 ...

Google to use robot-crane hybrids to construct new ‘hackable’ Mountain View headquarters
According to a recent report from Architects Journal, Google is looking to use a robot-crane hybrids to assist in building its new Mountain View ...

Law Clerks Try To Construct Most Toolish Apartment On The Block
This all-lawyer house would make for a good reality TV show but is a terrible real-world idea.

Upworthy Constructs a Solid HR Story
We’re a little late to this Upworthy announcement , but we thought it was still worth highlighting because of the various ways the post diverges ...

Kenya: Somalia Rejects Kenya's Plan to Construct Wall Along Border
The Somali government has distanced itself from plans by Kenya to construct a barrier wall between the two countries.