Problem in SQL Developing as restricted user (member of user group)

Greetings,

VWD EE and other Tools do not have problems working O.K. on my machine, when I am logged-on as restricted(limited) user, both environment and local web server are functioning, and it was MS effort to do it right.

BUT the Problem is, when I try to connect to database->new DB connection(either through vwd or management studio etc). I get an Error - which should be written to event log (according to msg) but it isn't - that I can't connect. I am sure that it is because NO SQL SERVER2005EXPRESS instance is running, which I think is the only prerequisite to have it work (I do not need sqlbrowser service I am doint local development).

SQL2005express service is configured on MANUAL start. I can start it as administrator through SQL config manager, but it is not convienient and what I want. I need to start it ONLY as a developer user, I do not want it to be running all-the-time for everyuser using computer. It was congigured as Network Service logon, I tried Local Service logon, and I even tried configuring it to logon as -my developer user- account, e.g. with limited user name and his password.
In every case I can't start the service as member of users group and this developer. Then I added limited user to SQL2005EXPRESS group. Still NO help, won't start either.

My question is, If I want to start developing ADO2.NET application and I need to have running SQL2005Express instance as a develper, how can I start it? I think I do not have some rights to masterDB or something. Do it allways need to be running when computer starts? Isn't there any other way, to start it JUST when I think I start developing?

I know of user-mode of accessing SQL2005express DBs, but it also assumes that SQL2005Express service is already running, what I am trying to prevent. I do not want to have it running for everyone who uses computer, just for someone who neeeds it.

Any help explaining me the right way HOW TO SETUP WORKING ENVIRONMENT when developing as limited user welcome, I read the the documentations and haven't found the answers.

THANK YOU !
0
agarwaen

I am amazed that everyone here is developing sites as administrator. I have done some research, and I understand that MAIN database engine is using masterdb and others for its functioning. And it needs full permision to this files, so if I don't have it I can't start engine as restricted user.

I doubt there is any way starting this other than NT AUTHORITY, e.g. some administrator. Is there someone who experienced setting write permissions to databases for user group?

If there is another way of using SQL2005EE as restricted user other than through USERS mode(in which DBs are copied and there are a bit restrictions) let me know please. I can't believe everybody on this forum is logged as Administrator.
0
agarwaen

Problem with defaults and User defined datatype in SQL Server 2000 or SQL 7
why does powerdesigner create a default in the definition of a table like this (SQL 2000 or 7.5 don't allow it). I use PD7.5.0.826 create table dbo.STOCK ( STOCKID TStockId not null, Goods TGoods not null, Amount TAmount not null default 'create default D_TAmount as 0',, constraint PK_STOCK primary key (STOCKID) ) go Anybody got a clue to fix the definition file to use the correct syntax Found the problem, it was and error introduced after reading models created from ...

sql express 2008
Hi  I've having nightmares since upgrading to SQL Express 2008.  I keep getting the error: Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.I've scoured the web and done the below but still no luck. Deleted C:\Users\my and all users\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Data\SQLEXPRESSRun exec sp_configure 'user instances enabled', 1. ReconfigureAdded firewall exceptions and disabled the firewall although it should make no difference in this cas...

Map AD user to Sql user
Hi, I have a user repository in Active Directory as well as in SQL Server and both are in sync initially. But, whenever any change occurs or a new user added to AD I need to sync that change with Sql server table. how can I map AD user to SQL user. Does AD associates an ID for the user so that I can map that to my user table in SQL server? Please help me in resolving this issue. Synchronization of user accounts is an art in itself. You should check MIIS (MS Identity Integration Server) for doing things like this - it was built with this in mind. If you want to do this yourself,...

problem about the user or user group with the fields
Hi all, I use the bugzilla 2.18.1 and add the patch with customfields. I want to assign 1.when new or edit the bug ,somebody can see some(not full) fields,but somebody can see full fields. 2.when edit the bug ,somebody can see the full field,but they only edit some(not full) fields. Thanks, czy 2005-8-5 ...

Authentication Problems from logged in domain User with SQL connection
 have attached my connection string and the error I am receiving on the user computer.  If I am on the host machine logged in as administrator.  Everything works great.  If I go to a user computer on the domain.  It recognizes that they are logged in as user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'Then when the user name is passed to the connection, it fails.  In my event log on the host machine I can see this in the error logEvent Type:      WarningEvent Source:      ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0Event Category:   ...

Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
please tellme how to resolve this error, i m using server studio management tool. and trying to connect using sql server authentication. my pc is over a domain.   Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)  check whether that sql server is allowing sqlauthentication or not.select that server -> right click it-> select  properties  -> in the window, select security -> check what is the server authentication. it should be  sqlserver and windows authentica...

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.
Thanks....

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection
This is my first time to deploy an asp.net2 web site. Everything is working fine on my local computer but when i published the web site on a remote computer i get the error "Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be closed" (only in pages that try to access the database) Help pleaseee Hi You could take a look at this : http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=152338&SiteID=1Sincerely,Young Fang Hi ...

How to list all the member groups to which a user belongs to (including the groups inherited by the user due to inheritance)
How to find out if a user is a memeber of a Acticve Directory  Parent group i.e the user could be a member of a nested group but that code has to check if he belongs to the parent group by Inheritance. I have used the code to list all the groups of a user and it does not list the parent groups of the groups to which the user bleongs to.                 DirectorySearcher search= New DirectorySearcher(de);                search.Filter = St...

generating user instances in sql server is disabled. use sp_configure user instances enabled to generate user instances.
 When I am in Visual Studio 2005, and I try to add an SQL database, I get the following error "generating user instances in sql server is disabled. use sp_configure user instances enabled to generate user instances." I am currently using SQL server 2005 Express. What do I need to do, to create an SQL database? Thanks in advance.  Execute this statement:sp_configure 'user instances enabled', 1; RECONFIGURE  You can execute it either from Management Studio for SQL Express (http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/) or from Visual St...

Time restriction for multiple user or user group
Hello to all Netware 6.0 sp5 I'm in the need to set up a particular type of time restriction for different user within my company. I would like to set up the time restriction by user group and then assigne the user to that group...is it possible? Or do I need to set up the time restriction for each user? Thanks Andrea Nunziante, > Or do I need to set up the time restriction for each user? > Use "Properties of Multiple Users" to set them - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novel...

SQL user is null problem
I try to connect to the pubs database but get the following error: Server Error in '/myWebApp' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Im logged in as myself, and also I've created a SQLUSER login to access the data, and assiged SQLUSER to userid but still no luck any ideas?Redeem. Show your connection string.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog Try adding this to your Web.Config File: ...

Error: Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances.
Hi to all,I have a website developed in ASP.NET 2.0, SQL Server 2005 and Ajax 1.0. When i tried to debug it in vs 2005, it gives me this error "Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances." I dun know how to correct this error and where to set this user instance enabled. If anybody knows it solution, kindly let me know about it.....!Thanks in advance.  I'm assuming you've got SQL Server 2005 Express Edition?  I don't think you can have user instances with anything other t...

Getting error "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" on trying to authenticate a user
Hi, I created aspnetdb on Sql Server 2005 and modified my web.config LocalSqlServer connection string to connect to the Sql Server instead of mdf file on Sql Server. When i click Log In button on my login control i am getting the error "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" But when i bind a radio button list or any control to select from aspnet_users or roles table data is displayed fine without any login errors (i am using aspnetdbConnectionString given below for binding data). Why is it happening only when i authenticate but...

Web resources about - Problem in SQL Developing as restricted user (member of user group) - asp.net.sql-datasource

Developing country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kofi Annan , former Secretary General of the United Nations, defined a developed country as follows. "A developed country is one that allows ...

Tips For Developing Facebook Applications
There are many reasons for the immense popularity of Facebook, and one of these is the use of various applications . Most Facebook users have ...

Securely Developing on Mobile - Facebook
Facebook Security hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Securely Developing on Mobile geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen.

Simplifying Policies to Make Developing with Platform Better
Simplifying Policies to Make Developing with Platform Better

Tips for Developing a Successful Facebook App by Zachary Allia, Maker of “Free Gifts”
Thousands of Facebook apps have been developed so far, but only a few have skyrocketed into the user stratosphere like Free Gifts. Currently, ...

SWAT situation developing in Kirtland - KRQE News 13
Authorities in Kirtland, New Mexico say a SWAT situation has developed.

Search Twitter - developing
... because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh Dan Lyke @ danlyke 1m Three. Thousand. Years. Developing ...

If you're developing web apps, you're nuts if you aren't using Font Awesome. Seriously.
... a sauce. And they're fun! We're lucky because Font Awesome is such a great collection of icons. And it keeps getting better. If you're developing ...

Stanford’s ‘Developing iOS 8 Apps With Swift’ Class Now Available Through iTunes U
Pretty cool that something like this is available free of charge.