Problem in converting MS Access OLE Object[Image] column to BLOB (binary large object bitmap)

Hi All,

i have a table in MS Access with CandidateId and Image column. Image column is in OLE object  format. i need to move this to SQL server 2005 with CandidateId column with integer and candidate Image column to Image datatype.

its very udgent, i need any tool to move this to SQL server 2005 or i need a code to move this table from MS Access to SQL server 2005 in C#.

please do the needfull ASAP. waiting for your reply

with regards

0
satisha_n

Use SSIS to import or DTSWizard.

The best approach would be using SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=D842F8B4-C914-4AC7-B2F3-D25FFF4E24FB&displaylang=en

Regards, Sreenivas (Vasu) Chaparala
ps:Unless a question, this is an attempt to provide guidance. Turning this into a solution, if required, is ones own responsibility. Expecting the entire solution as-is is inappropriate for any professional.
0
vasuvani

Converting an OLE object from MS Access To MS SQL Server
I'm need to either: 1. access a OLE object (MS Word Doc) in MS Access. 2. convert an OLE object (MS Word Doc) in MS Access to MS SQL Sever. I've been having little luck with either. Any good suggestions or alternatives. Thanks In Advance, Mark S. Hi Ya Mark - I'm still plugging away here at the Access Group. Is your problem that you can't open the object from within Access? If not, perhaps you don't have the right MS software installed. I have had some problems opening Word95 docs that have been saved in Access from my Word97 PC. Is ...

(RAM) ms access ole object to MS SQL Server blob
Environment: MS Access 2.0 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Powerbuilder 8.02 Windows XP Problem: 1. I am trying to pipe data from an table that is in Access 2.0 into another table on MS SQL Server 2000. Although I have unique keys in the table and there is a blob defined in the SQL Server 2000 table the menu item that allows you to add blob fields to your pipeline is never available so I decided to write embedded sql data to update the blob data fields with the data in the MS Access table. 2. Okay so now I have the following script as a window function but when the selec...

OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1 with PFC. I'm trying to right Mail Merge like function in a system. Thus, we've to keep the merged document into history for later referece. I'm wondering the difference between OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object??? Can anyone give some ideas on the above and what is the usage of it?? On the other hand, I'm wondering whether I'm using the RTE dw object for mail merge and then save the whole content into a OLE Database blob column, or using OLE control to MS Word + using DDE to transfer the data to MS Word?? ...

OLE Object converted from MS Access is NOT viewable from PowerBuilder
Am I missing something? I have converted up a table from MS Access to MS SQL Server that contains an OLE Object (word document), this becomes a image column in SQL Server (which is fine). The funny part is when I create a datawindow with a blob column in it (using PB 6.5.1) I am unable to see anything in the document, but when I link to the table from MS Access the word document appears to be fine. Does PB interpret word documents differently than MS Access???? If so how do I convert so that PB can interpret the column properly or is there a third party that has function calls that...

Problem accessing SQL Stored Procedure From .Net using hibernate object
Hi, I am calling a SQL Stored procedure from .net application using Hibernate object, but somehow its telling me "The 'callable' attribute is not declared.", I am not sure what's wrong I have done here. Will really appreciate if someone can help me for this. Herewith I am providing my Stored Procedure, my .hbm file and code to call it. can someone pls tell me what's wrong in this? Also, if possible, pls tell me how to set result in a list object. Thanks in advance, ######################################### MY STORED PROCEDURE : ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[RulesDetails_...

Object Datasource problem with Business Layer Object
Hi,  I have created dataaccess layer using LINQ. I am using LINQ to stored procedure on context class . on Business Layer I define a partial class in which I define all functions to Select,Insert,Update and Delete. When I am binding BLL class to Object Datasource only Select function is showing in Object Data source . please provide me way to bind buisness class to object datasource Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help .Jeetendra SharmaSoftware EngineerJodhpur (Raj.)India Make sure you properly notate your class and methods with the proper DataObject attribut...

SQL DataSource : Object Reference not set to an instance of an object
 Dear friendsI am getting this error from few days (it was not in past)when i add new "sqlDataSource" , I set the Server name, user name and password then i select the Database, when i click on "Test Connection" button, it does not give me any Error and it shows that Test connection Successful, but when i click "OK", It shows the Error box with the error "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object"From few days it is happening, I was seting the datasource without any problem in past.I am using SQL Server 2005Any one can help? aliusmankha...

display images from SQL Server image across intranet using ado.net filestream object
folks  i recently attended an MCPD boot camp where they taught me to access and store images using SQL Server and the filestream object.  Previously i had (sensibly) used a file server and impersonation to copy files. Uploading works fine.  Viewing works fine in debug so i rolled out an app in my work where the pics are uploaded and viewed across the intranet. to my horror i realised (too late!) that whilst it works fine in debug, it does not work when published. now no one but me can access these pics and it is a night mare.  the only documentation i have found ...

Large / Binary text ole Object
I've added a Large / Binary text ole object to my datawindow in PowerBuilder 10.2.0.8075. It works fine for updating the desired column. However, the control is defined to use Wordpad for the OLE Class Desc. Is there any way to get it to actually display the contents of the column without double-clicking the control and opening WordPad? I've tried the displaytype and activation options but PB says they are not available for the control. Thanks, Thom Not really. With OLE, it's up to the underlying OLE Automation Server to present a 'preview image' o...

Problem with OLE object
Hi all, I'm having problem with adding an OLE object in the datawindow and cannot display image properly. <MS SQL server> Table: x_image TableColumn 1: id varchar(50) TableColumn 2: photo image <PB10> I've created a datawindow dw_image with SQL (select id from x_image where id = 'image1') and added a OLE object in dw_image: <Database Binary/Text Large Object> Client Class: DataWindow Client Name: aaa Table: x_image Large Binary/Text columns: ...

Datatype for MS Access OLE Objects
Hi, a customer uses MS Access as front end to an ASA 9 database. Works good but know they like to see pictures stored in a LONG BINARY column as OLE objects using PowerBuilder function ole_prev.insertFile(as_fn). I guess this is a datatype issue. Any hints how to store OLE objects in a ASA 9 database compatible to MS Access? TIA Chris Werner f+s software gmbh ...

[Object DataSource]
 Hi,Is it possible to binding an object source which has an inner object?If, so How can i do that. And also I want to make sort, filter and grouping  operation on that column.How can i achieve this scenario? Thanks,Prabhu P    Be Confident. Go Nxt Hi: pprabhu.net:Is it possible to binding an object source which has an inner object?   You can either do this in inline code or code behind. For example, in code behind (assume you're using GridView):  protected void GridView5_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e)  &nbs...

MS Access, Displaying OLE Objects
Hello.I have got an Access database and one of my fields is and OLE Object type containing an image. I would like to know how to display it in a web pageCan anyone PLEASE help me? Thank You ppl !..Merovingian you  strSQL = "SELECT ProductImage, ContentType FROM Products WHERE ProductNo = '" & productNo & "'"   objCmd = New OleDbCommand(strSQL, objCon)   objDataReader = objCmd.ExecuteReaderCommandBehavior.CloseConnection) objDataReader.Read()  Dim strType = objDataReader.Item("ContentType") If Not strType = Nothing Then Response.ContentType = s...

Problem with a OLE object (Ms Word)
Hello, I'm trying to use an OLE object in my application to access a MS Word file. To do that, I'm using a control in my window and I've associated the doc file into this control... The thing is that I would like to Scroll Up/Down the pages from a button in the window... For this, I use the Visual Basic Method for MSWord called "PageScroll"... but I don't know why it doesn't work. Could anybody help me? Thank you in advance... That method is a property of the Window object within Word. What you would need to do is something like: ole_contr...

Web resources about - Problem in converting MS Access OLE Object[Image] column to BLOB (binary large object bitmap) - asp.net.sql-datasource

Photo Eraser for iPhone - Remove Unwanted Objects from Pictures and Images on the App Store on iTunes ...
Get Photo Eraser for iPhone - Remove Unwanted Objects from Pictures and Images on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

Blippar brings object image recognition to Google Glass
... phones how to identify objects and now it’s doing the same for Google Glass. The company demonstrated what it calls the world’s first image ...

Photo Editing Tool Enables Object Images To Be Manipulated in 3-D
With Help of Stock 3-D Models, Photographed Items Can Be […]

Photo editing tool enables object images to be manipulated in 3-D
Editors of photos routinely resize objects, or move them up, down or sideways, but researchers are adding an extra dimension to photo editing ...

Carnegie Mellon photo editing tool enables object images to be manipulated in 3-D
Editors of photos routinely resize objects, or move them up, down or sideways, but Carnegie Mellon University researchers are adding an extra ...

New photo editing tool enables object images to be manipulated in 3-D (w/ Video)
Editors of photos routinely resize objects, or move them up, down or sideways, but Carnegie Mellon University researchers are adding an extra ...

Search for MH370: New satellite images of 122 objects, AMSA sightings
New satellite images have identified 122 objects in a 400-square-kilometre area of the Indian Ocean which Malaysian authorities believe are from ...

Search for MH370: New satellite images of 122 objects, AMSA sightings
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) has tweeted that three objects have been spotted in the search in the southern Indian Ocean. ...

Breakthrough in image-recognition software identifies objects in photographs
Advances may make it possible to better catalogue and search for the billions of images online.

Samsung objects to ‘gratuitous’ images of Steve Jobs in trial, prefers thermonuclear quotes instead
... Judge Lucy Koh struck down the objections over the weekend. The South Korea-based smartphone manufacturer claimed the ”gratuitous images have ...