Problem datetime when transferring local SQL Server to Web Hosting SQL Server using XML Webservice

Dear all,

We have recently integrated our internal timetracking (TT) system (Windows forms based )so that it can retrieve info from our (web based) bug tracking (BT) system.

The BTS SQL Server is hosted in the USA on a shared server, the TT SQL server is stationed at our office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

During development we tested the XML webservice that handles the actual datatransfer between the two systems and everything works fine. After deployment of the XML webservice to the live environment (hosted service in USA) problems showed up: DateTime values arrive malformed. Examples:

Local Server original       Live Server result
01-Jan-1900               ->   31-Dec-1899 12:00:00
04-Jun-06 11:23:45    ->   04-Jun-06 22:23:45
28-Jun-06 16:37:25    ->   28-Jun-06 05:37:25

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Tim

Here is the code from the XML webservice (multidudeLLBL is DataAccessLayer):

		public Int32 OrganisationsSync(DataSet dsSource)
		{
			multidudeLLBL.TbOrganisation org  = new multidudeLLBL.TbOrganisation();
			dsSource.Tables.Add(org.SelectAll());

			DataColumn dcOnTime = dsSource.Tables[0].Columns["SyncKey"];
			DataColumn dcBugs = dsSource.Tables[1].Columns["SyncKey"];

			DataRelation rel = new DataRelation("rel", dcOnTime, dcBugs, false);
			dsSource.Relations.Add(rel);

			Int32 i = 0;

			multidudeLLBL.TbOrganisation orgUpd  = new multidudeLLBL.TbOrganisation();
			orgUpd.SelectAll();

			foreach (DataRow rowParent in dsSource.Tables[0].Rows)
			{
				if(rowParent.GetChildRows(rel).Length == 0)  //new record found in Office Database
				{
					orgUpd.IDOrganisation = (Int32)rowParent["IDCompany"];
					orgUpd.SyncKey = (Guid)rowParent["SyncKey"];
					orgUpd.Company = rowParent["Company"].ToString();
					orgUpd.DateDisabled = (DateTime)rowParent["DateDisabled"];
					orgUpd.DateModified = (DateTime)rowParent["DateModified"];
					orgUpd.Insert();
					i+=1;
				}
				else if(rowParent.GetChildRows(rel).Length == 1) //matching row by synckey found in Office Database
				{
					foreach (DataRow rowChild in rowParent.GetChildRows(rel))
					{
						if((DateTime)rowChild["DateModified"] < (DateTime)rowParent["DateModified"])  //updated record found Office Database
						{
							orgUpd.SyncKey = (Guid)rowParent["SyncKey"];
							orgUpd.SelectOneWSyncKeyLogic();
							orgUpd.IDOrganisation = (Int32)rowParent["IDCompany"];
							orgUpd.Company = rowParent["Company"].ToString();
							orgUpd.DateDisabled = (DateTime)rowParent["DateDisabled"];
							orgUpd.DateModified = (DateTime)rowParent["DateModified"];
							orgUpd.Update();
							i+=1;
						}
					}
				}
			}
			return i;
		}

MOOR Software Development Cambodia Co., Ltd.

#206a, Str. 63
Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia

Tel +855 (0)23 997 454
Mobile +855 (0)12 659 461
www.moorwebsoftware.com
0
pietjepuk

local SQL Server 2005 Express and Host with SQL Server 2000
I'm creating an app and have SQL Server 2005 Express installed.  Most of the hosts now offering SQL Server 2005 are a bit pricey compared to those only offering 2000.  Will I have any difficulty uploading my site and running the db on SQL 2000?  Thanks in advance. I've been searching these forums but all people having about the same question, all have no replies in the thread. I'd love some feedback on this issue. I'm quite new to asp.net.I've got vs installed with sql 2005 express. but I also installed sql 2000 since my host is still using this one. how can I port the db ? ...

Will Web Matrix work with Hosted SQL server / Remote SQL server?
Hi, I've a web site being hosted by a hosting company remotely. I want to be able to connect to my SQL server database which is remote of course.. Is this possible with Web Matrix? Thanks Tim Hi Tim, Yes of course! :) You can create a new Database project and connect to a remote SQL Server and enter in the Server field in the dialog box. Regards, Thanks Colt, I figured it out.. very easy to do so! TimTim...

Problem with creating new SQL server database in VWDExpress using SQL Server 2005 Express
 when I try to create a SQL Database from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, I get the following error message: "Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.  Please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=49251" When I go to that URL, it brings me to the page to download SQL Server Express 2005. any ideathanks for advance  Did you install SQL Server Express on your server/system? JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answe...

Deploying an application with SQL express to web host using SQL server 2005?
I currently have developed an application using VWD express 2008 and SQL server express 2005 on my local XP pro machine. I am using the built in user validation database/controls (ASPNETDB.mdf) and also using a database to hold the information relevant to the application (in this case, a comic book tracking database) I signed up for a cheap web server to host it on so I can access my collection when away from home. I am using the GoDaddy deluxe hosting plan (windows server, asp.net 2.0/3.0/3.5, 2 MS SQL databases) I am wondering how I can transfer my existing databases that are using the e...

Is a SQL Server Device CAL enough if SQL Server is being accessed by only one web server?
 In my application scenario, there is a single web server hosting my ASP.Net application. If I buy a 'single device CAL'  for SQL Server database, will that be ok in this situation since only one device (i.e. the machine hosting the IIS web server) is going to access the SQL Server database?sun21170 No, that won't be enough.http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/sqlserverlicensing.mspx  -- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you --...

Creating a SQL Server linked server to Interbase using 64 bit SQL Server
Hi, I am trying to use the data direct odbc driver for interbase to create a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit however, SQL Server reports an "Arcitechure Mismatch" between the System DSN and SQL Server. This did work under 32 bit SQL Server. Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I have tried using the IBProvider trial as well but this fails to work in SQL Server as well. Our Interbase client(s) and server are all 64 bit installations. Thank you Julian Dawson wrote: > Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I think Easy...

migrating from my sql server in my machine to my host sql server
I created the website using the personal website starter kit. I created sever users in the aspnetdb.mdf and the personal.mdf. This was created in my sql server 2005 on my personal machine. I went ahead and added some photo albums and modified the website. I was able to see the website and logon using the localhost but when I copied the website to my server which has .NET 2.0 install and SQL Server I got an error with the web.config file. I know the aspnetdb.mdf and the personal.mdf files were copied but what exactly does that mean.   I am pretty sure the error has to do with connecting...

SQL Server Express deployed to SQL Server Problem
I am developing an application using VWD 2005 Express with SQL Server 2005 Express. The application works fine on my development box. My production box is running the full-blown SQL Server with ASP.Net 2.0 and IIS. I'm having problems getting the database connection correct. The SQL Server on the production box does not recognize the SQL Server 2005 Express (SSE) *.mdf file. I tried attaching the SSE *.mdf file to the SQL Server, but I get an error message. Has anyone had this experience? Can anyone give me some suggestions. It seems like I should be able to attach an *.mdf file cre...

Host without SQL Server 2000 or SQL Server 2005?
I have been trying to figure out why this club starter site won't work on my web site all day long.  I think I may have figured it out, but I need confirmation.  Hostmysite.com is where I signed up with and the plan I have has mysql 4.1.  The error I get mentiones SQL Server 2005.  Does this club starter site need SQL Server 2005?  If it does, is there an easy way to switch it over to work with mysql 4.1 or Access? KoreyAccess programmer trying to utilize VWD Express to integrate database functionallity to Intranet. Jerome, You have probably guessed it my now...

My host runs SQL Server 2000, i have SQL Server 2005. What to do?
Hi, the title of this topic about summarises it. I have a dev-machine with SQL Server 2005 Standard edition on it. My host runs SQL Server 2000. What are my options? Is there some sort of backward compatibility? Can i export as 2000? I have no idea and i can't find anything about this particular problem. Thanks 2 solutions: Move your database to SQL Server 2000 or find a host that supports 2005. What do you expect? Naturally a 2000 sql server can not work with a 2005 database. That is not a "particular problem", that is the way evolution of software works. Script your database, u...

Replicating from SQL Server to Sybase using SQL Server replication
Hi all, I have setup a replication from SQL Server to Sybase ASE using SQL Server transactional replication. This work via the Sybase OLEDB driver and linked server. Connection is working, prublication is defined on SQL Server side, the subscription against the Sybase server and database is working. But I got one huge problem: All character datatypes end up as NULL in Sybase. When I enter a row in the SQL Server table which is publicated all data that is not character (float, numeric, datetime etc.) is replicated and the row is available on Sybase side, but all character columns are...

Web resources about - Problem datetime when transferring local SQL Server to Web Hosting SQL Server using XML Webservice - asp.net.sql-datasource

Morrison defends transferring asylum seekers
Scott Morrison has defended transferring 157 asylum-seekers to Nauru without the knowledge of their lawyers.

Transferring properties to my SMSF
What are the rules about transferring properties I own to my SMSF?

Alabama quarterback Phillip Ely is transferring to Toledo - al.com
... Illinois and Boston College were among the other schools he considered, according to his father. TUSCALOOSA, Alabama Phillip Ely is transferring ...

Syria: Peace talks not for transferring power
Foreign minister says government will take part in planned Geneva talks to form a "national unity government".

Transferring Video to a PC
Q: I’m in the midst of creating a photo slide show and would like to include video, but am not sure if/how I can properly transfer video to ...

Dish Anywhere Will Soon Include Content Transferring For All iOS Devices
... Black Friday Apple Deals Announced From Best Buy, Walmart . DISH Anywhere Hopper Transfers Dish Anywhere Will Soon Include Content Transferring ...

iPad: Transferring your cellular data plan to a new iPad (3rd generation)
This article explains how to transfer an existing iPad cellular data plan to a new iPad (3rd generation).

LinkedIn app under scrutiny for transferring iOS calendar entries
Security researchers are criticizing LinkedIn's iOS app for a feature that automatically transfers iOS calendar entries to the company's servers. ...

Kim Dotcom: “I’m officially broke” after transferring remaining assets
Megaupload founder a "flight risk" before 2015 extradition hearing, NZ says.