Please Help *** Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path

Hi all hope some one can help - please bear with me new to this

Basically I have had to change pc's so I copied and pasted my ASPNET.MDF and LDF from my old pc to new PC including webpages/apps etc.. created.

However now all I get is "Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path """"

Just don't understand what permissions the db should have, does it need to match the SQL Express owner...

any help would be most appreciated

Thanks

Chris

0
willicl1

Didn't you detach the datbase before on your old PC ?

Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem.
0
sudipta
4/29/2008 7:14:51 AM

No - I didn't detach the DB ...... I'm guessing I should of  sorry pretty new to this as this mistake shows.

Anyway of getting around this ? ?

0
willicl1
4/29/2008 7:29:39 AM

Did you copy the ASPNETDB.mdf from the App_Data directory of your old web application and paste it again in the App_Data direcory of the application on the new PC?

Please click "Mark As Answer" if this hepled in solving your problem.
0
sudipta
4/29/2008 7:42:15 AM

I copied all data within Inetpub, and then pasted this to my new pc set-up - recreated application settings within IIS
0
willicl1

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection
This is my first time to deploy an asp.net2 web site. Everything is working fine on my local computer but when i published the web site on a remote computer i get the error "Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be closed" (only in pages that try to access the database) Help pleaseee Hi You could take a look at this : http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=152338&SiteID=1Sincerely,Young Fang Hi ...

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path
I installed my asp.net 2.0 web application  and sql express june editon on my windows 2003 server.When the application tries to reach the database i am getting the following error"Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be closed."I can understand that it has something to do with user right but more than that I am pretty lost. Can anyone translate this error for me and give me some tips on what do to.I checked first the use...

Help with error: Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance
Hi all, i encounter an error (Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed. ) after uninstalling my sql server 2005 and installing sql server 2008 express edition on my web server for my web application. I tired many times to uninstall and reinstall the sql server and tried several solutions on various forums but is still unable to resolve this problem . It runs fine with my development station which is using visual web express 2008.  I would really appreciate any help urgently. Ma...

sql express 2008
Hi  I've having nightmares since upgrading to SQL Express 2008.  I keep getting the error: Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.I've scoured the web and done the below but still no luck. Deleted C:\Users\my and all users\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Data\SQLEXPRESSRun exec sp_configure 'user instances enabled', 1. ReconfigureAdded firewall exceptions and disabled the firewall although it should make no difference in this cas...

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance.
 Hello,I have this login page, using the aspnetdb membership, after a successful login I receive this error “Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed. ” I try using their solution http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=152338&SiteID=1 Weird part is, this login page also has a LoginStatus control, which always has a value of Logout (but I’m not logged-in yet) even clearing the cache doesn’t help and a LoginName control which always has a v...

Error: Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances.
Hi to all,I have a website developed in ASP.NET 2.0, SQL Server 2005 and Ajax 1.0. When i tried to debug it in vs 2005, it gives me this error "Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances." I dun know how to correct this error and where to set this user instance enabled. If anybody knows it solution, kindly let me know about it.....!Thanks in advance.  I'm assuming you've got SQL Server 2005 Express Edition?  I don't think you can have user instances with anything other t...

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance
Got windows Vista Business edition, installed Visual Web Developer Express, SQL Server 2005 Express SP2, SQL Server Management Studio SP1 in that order.  I was developing in VWD express without problems using WinXP but now on Vista Business, the local connection to SQL server appears to be a problem. I know there's nothing wrong with my web.config or anything like that as it was working perfectly prior to running under Vista.  If i specify the database on the live website, it works fine.  If I specify the test database in app_data folder, I get the following exception:- ...

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.
 Hello all, Actually i m facing this problem when im using local aspnetdb database.whenever im using any of the concept like Membership,Profile im getting this error.I dont want to use customer provider i want to use default provider. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advancePrashant Jha   http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=Failed+to+generate+a+user+instance+of+SQL+Server+due+to+a+failure+in+starting+the+process+for+the+user+instance. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know ...

Error:"Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance"
Firstly, Im using VWD2008 express and SQL Server 208 express. I added the database file to SQLServer and managed to create a connection in VWD but when I try to view a page I get the above error. Probably some dumb neewby thing Im doing wrong but if anyone can help Id appreciate it.   Thanks Adam. If you are using the classifieds starter kit, make sure the .zip file you used reads "final" not "beta" And you do not need sql server to run the kit. All you need is vwd and the framework installed on your computer.Undo what ever you did and just run the prog...

ASPNETDB.MDF:Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.
Hi I have created a very basic app. One page with a grid view of data from a table in   sqlexpress.master. One page with a  login control . I have created a user within the ASP.Net configuration tool. Also when I test the default sqlmembership provider, the connection to the database (ASPNETDB) is successful. However, when i click "login" I get the following error message: Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.   My gridview of sqlexpress.master is w...

get error Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.
Hi,my interaction with database is completely lost. I cannot even open database and view tablesI get error Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.I am using VS 2005  Error log: SQL Server is starting at normal priority base (=7). This is an informational message only. No user action is required.2008-09-07 13:10:03.51 Server      Detected 1 CPUs. This is an informational message; no user action is required.2008-09-07 13:10:28.40 Server   &...

Login control error message : Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.
Hi   I get the following error message when  I click on "login" from the login control:   Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.   I have created one user, using the web administration tool. I have checked that the user exists within the ASPNETDB.MDF database, in the aspnet_Users table. I have tested the AspNetSqlProvider connection successfully. AmandaAmanda AdamsPrivate DeveloperCape TownSouth Africa You can either try rebooting the machine (this force...

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.
Thanks....

Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
please tellme how to resolve this error, i m using server studio management tool. and trying to connect using sql server authentication. my pc is over a domain.   Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)  check whether that sql server is allowing sqlauthentication or not.select that server -> right click it-> select  properties  -> in the window, select security -> check what is the server authentication. it should be  sqlserver and windows authentica...

Web resources about - Please Help *** Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local application data path - asp.net.sql-datasource

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...