not a .net programmer -- legacy code suddenly stopped working - need help!

 Simple .net front end connects to external data tables provided by offsite vendor suddenly started throwing errors after working smoothly for 2 years.  Did not write the front end connections, but looking at source code, the external DB primary key is varchar, but local vb dataset has this field as system.String...Could that be the problem?

0
cj1

cj1:
suddenly started throwing errors after working smoothly for 2 years

Perhaps if you shared what the errors are, someone could help you.

Steve Wellens

My blog
0
SGWellens
9/10/2008 1:15:57 AM

The following error occurred:  Min (1126) must be less than or equal to max (-1) in a Range object.
     at System.Data.Select.GetBinaryFilteredRecords()
     at System.Data.Select.SelectRows()
     at System.Data.DataTable.Select(String filterExpression)
     at HMFileTracking.DBUpdate.processClients()
     at HMFileTracking.DBUpdate.update()
     at HMFileTracking.frmMain.btnUpdateFromDB_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

0
cj1

vb.net code works but not c# code
Hello, I'm trying to insert the metatags dynamically. The following vb code works fine: aspx.vb code: Protected myTag As System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlGenericControl Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load myTag.Attributes("content") = "test" End Sub In aspx file head: <meta id="myTag" runat="server" /> The above code is working great. But the same thing I'm trying to put in C# which is not working. aspx.cs code: ...

Type.GetType does not work in VB.NET but works in C#. VB.NET gurus Please help
Friends,   I am an experienced C# programmer who is working on a VB.NET project now. I am writing different methods covering the following functionalities 1) Take a datareader as input and return an arraylist of class object2) Take an xmlnode (received from a webservice) as input and return an arraylist of class object. The methods are generic methods which take datareader/xmlnode as first parameter and classname (string) as the second parameter. This way it will work trivially. The schema of class object matches with the input (datareader or xmlnode)In C# I used to do th...

Code works with .Net 1.1 but not .Net 2.0
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this code would work under .Net 1.1 and not .Net 2.0? I listed the error I receive below, also. Line 865. Thank you, Public Function GetAge(ByVal Birthdate As System.DateTime, _ Optional ByVal AsOf As System.DateTime = #1/1/1700#) _ As Integer Dim iMonths As Integer Dim iYears As Integer Dim dYears As Decimal Dim lDayOfBirth As Long Dim lAsOf As Long Dim iBirthMonth As Integer Dim iAsOFMonth As Integer If AsOf = "#1/1/1700#" ...

Net::Ldap suddenly stopped working ..
I have a perl script who queries a Lotus Notes LDAP, it was working fine for almost 1 year but suddenly.. 3 days ago it stopped working with the following errors (debug 15 enabled) 731 43: STRING = 'CN=SOMEONE Ortega Guzman,OU=DIS,OU=MTY,O=CFE' F75E 42: STRING F760 : 43 4E 3D 53 6F 6E 69 61 20 47 61 72 63 69 61 20 CN=SoniaGarcia F770 : 53 74 65 65 6C 65 2C 4F 55 3D 44 49 53 2C 30 82 Steele,OU=DIS,0. F780 : FF 2F 02 01 02 64 82 FF 28 04 __ __ __ __ __ __ ./...d..(. F78A 67: [UNI...

Translate c#.net code to vb.net code
Hi I can usually do the translation myself, but this time I am a bit stumped  Let us consider to rewrite Urls (more than 16000 links) using a table. Save original url and rewritten url in a table. Now add a class file in App_Code folder. class UrlRewriteModule : IHttpModule{    public void Dispose()    {        // Nothing to dispose    }    public void Init(HttpApplication context)    {        context.BeginRequest += new EventHandler(context...

FIX: The IntelliSense feature for a Visual C# .NET project stops working in the Visual Studio .NET IDE
Ever got mad because your IntelliSense disappeared? Microsoft finally heard you: http://www.kbalertz.com/Feedback_838470.aspx or: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838470 MCSD, MCDBA, MCAD, MCSD .NET, MSF Practitioner...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net
Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net In Windows, it would be easier to interact with Oracle by way of the service...  (I've not tried it myself, but this should work fine for a service installed on the same machine as the .net application:using System.ServiceProcess; ServiceController controller = new ServiceController(); controller.MachineName = "."; controller.ServiceName = "OracleServiceORCL"; string status = controller.Status.ToString(); // Stop the service controller.Stop(); // Start the ...

Help Me C# is working But VB.net Not working
Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between <code> and </code> tags. Pls, Help me, It is simple chat programe. My <IFRAME> src is calling the bellow event in C# it is working perfectly. private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { string sDealer=""; string sWrite=""; if ( Session["Channel"] != null ) sDealer = Session["Channel"].ToString(); Response.Write( "<meta http-equiv=\"Refresh\"content=\"4\">" ); sWrite=MyModule.MyChat.GetAl...

HttpContext.Current.Session suddenly stopped working (& just installed .Net 3.5)
I have a line of code that has been working for a very long time:if (HttpContext.Current.Session["SessionObject"] == null)... Suddenly it has stopped working, and throws a null reference exception. From debugging I have found that the HttpContext.Current.Session is null?!This call to the method that contains this code originates from the OnInit event of a page - but this should be well after the session has been initialized in the ASP.Net processI have just installed Visual Studio 2008 & ASP.Net 3.5 on my machine.  This may have something to do with the problem - but ...

.net code for sql
how to use .net code from sql function. i have sql function - select * from funcname('delta','1/1/2007,'1/1/2008')  but i want to .net code for this function. how do i get it? can anybody guide me i don't know about .net. Thanks for ue help.        Take a look at this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms131103.aspx?ppud=4Hope this provides some insight.- Jesse Jesse WilliamsPlease mark 'Answered' if my post was able to assist you. This may help:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/sql_in_csharp.aspx Regards,...

Call to non .net COM not working after .NET
I have developed small samples of ASP.NET and one of them I tried to call a standard COM (non .NET). I took the code out for now, but a call to that COM from traditional ASP application now does not work. Does anyone have an idea how to correct this?...

How to migrate code from vb.net to c#.net?
Hi all,If anybody knows information on migration of VB.Net application to C#.net. i.e Any tools available, best practices, methodology for estimation. etc.   RegardsHelen    Hey, Take a look at this topic http://forums.asp.net/t/1100603.aspxMaybe some of these sites can be of help to you.  Arnold you can do it by page by page just copy and paste ur page in the following link http://labs.developerfusion.co.uk/convert/vb-to-csharp.aspx and convert ur vb.net to c# gotcha!!YasserSpica.www.spica.aewww.bncnetwork.netPlease remember to mark as answers i...

Web resources about - not a .net programmer -- legacy code suddenly stopped working - need help! - asp.net.sql-datasource

Programmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A programmer , computer programmer , developer , coder , or software engineer is a person who writes computer software . The term computer programmer ...

Programmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A programmer , computer programmer , developer , coder , or software engineer is a person who writes computer software . The term computer programmer ...

Contract Analyst Programmer (Reporting/.Net) 151223/AP/266

Programmers are a tiny bit introverted, but otherwise agreeable
(credit: Flickr user Dave Briccetti ) “Prevalent stereotypes describe software engineers as socially inept introverts that are single-mindedly ...

Why this 'well-kept' secret for programmers is suddenly popping up in the Fortune 500
As programmers take on more importance in our always-connected world, startups like GitHub and Atlassian have made it big by providing the tools ...

Gone Home programmer's new game looks like a Van Gogh painting
Johnnemann Nordhagen broke off from Fullbright a few months after Gone Home 's launch. About a year ago, we got a teaser image for his new project ...

Programmers, Developers Lead Strong IT Jobs Market
Programmers and developers, forecast as the most difficult to fill, declined throughout the year, but regained the top spot at the end of September. ...

How The Thrill Of Creating An Online Gameworld Inspired A Generation Of Programmers
What are the things that make somebody fall in love with programming? This question was originally answered on Quora by Andy Manoske.

Mischievous Programmers Simulate Barack Obama Giving a George W. Bush Speech
In the world of computer graphics, anything seems possible these days. It is possible, for instance, to make Barack Obama’s face deliver a George ...

Game Programmer and Designer John Romero Talks About Creating Games in the '90s vs. Now - Quora
"It's easier now, for sure. You not only have excellent APIs for graphics, sound, etc. but there are far better tools to make games with. In ...