Newbie with question about SQL Server and SQL Server Lite

Confused [8-)]

Hi Folks.. Hey, I've got a small app I've got to write that uses currently an Access Database.. The frontend is what I'm working on as the client designed the DB for his client, and I'm desiginging the web site for his client that connects to that DB.. THe hosting company that I use gives me SQL server just for the job, and where the end product is going to be hosted doesn't have SQL server, so I'm wondering if it's ok to use SQL server lite, the newest version for such a thing since it's free, and what restrictions there are? I mean:

Is it ok to use for commercial apps?

How many connections can one have at anyone time ? I' heard no more than 10? Is this true?

Can I do SP's in the Lite version and triggers? I don't know if I'll need triggers, but it would save me some time!

Does it work well with the Web Express product from MS? I'm currerntly using it until I see if I like it, and then I'll go to the pro version if it works out well!

Thanks in advance!
Tim (AKA "HoosierDaddy!)
Big Smile [:D]

0
HoosierDaddy

SQL server 2005 and SQL server 2005 lite
Hi, I have a web site hosted at a hosting company.. I'm in the process of designing a web site which has some forms that are going to hit a database, etc.. for a small company.. This small company has it's own Web server, and when I'm finished I'll copy the finsihed product to their IIS web server, etc.. Well, I have SQL server 2005 full edition as part of my web hosting, but I'm going to have to use SQL server Lite for the end user / client since they don't have SQL server. So, I'm wondering if I can do my work on MY remote host using the full edition of SQL server 2005, and then copy to th...

sql server and sql server express
ok i am puzzled right now....i have a web application connecting to a sql server database....i uninstalled sql server express and installed sql server 2005 full version...i changed the connection string in my application to be Data Source=SKYBANDR62;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;Integrated Security=True and through the explorer bar i can access my database freely but when i run my application i get this error Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred while establishing a...

GENERAL SQL SERVER: Question about the Script that setups the SQL Server Database.
This is the first time I have created a script for Sql Server 2000, and I have run into a few syntax ereas that I am not familar with. Bellow is a section of the script from the Portal server packages. At the end of the sample, is "ON [PRIMARY], Can anyone explain to me what this does and why the primary key isnt setup inside the code itself? I am basically trying to take parts of the script and incorrporate it into my own script and hate added syntax that I dont understand, makes debugging a real pain in the future. CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Portal_Announcements] ( [ItemID] [in...

SQL A and SQL Server
Hi I heard SQL Server used to be owned by Watcom is this true? Is SQL Anywhere, therefore, similar to SQL Server? -- Regards, John Not quite true. SQL Anywhere was created by Watcom. SQLServer was created by Sybase, and Microsoft licensed the technology. So MSSQL and ASE have common roots, not SQLAnywhere. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] "John Kingan" <john.kingan@abibuildingdata.com> wrote in message news:40d82aa1$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi I heard SQL Server used to be owned by Watcom is this true? Is SQL > Anywhere, therefore, similar to SQL Ser...

SQL Server Express file to Sql Server
I would like to copy the schema and data of a sql server express database file to a SQL Server Database. How can this be done and what steps would I need to take?   Thanks for any helpTinyPond TinyPond:I would like to copy the schema and data of a sql server express database file to a SQL Server Database. How can this be done and what steps would I need to take? If you have Express Management Studio, you back backup your database, and them import it to SQL Server (or attach and reattach).Justs open SQL Server Express Management Studio, connect to your Express instanc...

SQL Server Express and SQL Server 2005
can any one tell me what the main differences are in the two editions? also can you use and express 2005 edition database on sql 2005? if not how would you do that? Tuppers Look here for a detailed comparison between the two.Yes, you can use Express databases on SQL Server 2005. Just attach it to an instance of SQL Server 2005.Is this enough information?DonDon Kiely, MCP, MCSDIn the Last Frontier, Interior AlaskaPlease post questions and replies to the forum! And remember to MARK AS ANSWER when someone definitively answers a question or resolves a problem! cheers i was told by my host t...

Web resources about - Newbie with question about SQL Server and SQL Server Lite - asp.net.sql-datasource

Sen. Franken Questions Google's Collection of Students' Private Data
Ad Age has partnered with Voxgov, a one-stop source of unedited communications from all branches of the U.S. federal government, to serve up ...

Cavuto Responds to Critics Who Saw Bias in Debate Question: ‘You’re An Ass’
Fox News Channel host Neil Cavuto said anyone who thought he blamed the financial crisis on Barack Obama during the Republican presidential debate ...

Anchorage's man Nick Abboud leaves more questions at Dick Smith
Nick Abboud's departure from Dick Smith ends a tumultuous chapter for the long-time retailer.

With new deal in place, Sweden asks to question Assange at embassy
(credit: thierry ehrmann ) Swedish prosecutors said (Google Translate) Wednesday that they have sent a formal request to question Julian Assange ...

A boy mishears a question asking who does not pray, raises his hand, and is accused of blasphemy, so ...
... and presents it on a plate to the cleric whose question he misunderstood. The poor boy is Mohammad Anwar, 15, of the Hujra Shah Muqeem district ...

Democrats unite with Donald Trump on one question
Hillary Clinton, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo all sided with Donald Trump after Thursday's Republican debate ...

IDG Contributor Network: 9 key questions to ask of your next digital business initiative
In my last article, " 5 digital business predictions for 2016 ," I highlighted that this year we'll see digital disruptions in the form of innovative ...

Cruz And Trump Trade Barbs Over Birther Question
This moment more or less speaks for itself. Cruz and Trump threw everything they could find on the floor at each other over the still-unanswered ...

Bill Belichick Destroyed A Reporter For Asking Dumb Question
Bill Belichick Destroyed A Reporter For Asking Dumb Question