Need help with ASP.Net Configuration App

I'm having issues with the web.config file.  When I use the following connection string, my website works and forms and logins work fine.  The only thing is, when using this string I can't connect to the sql database from ASP.Net Configuration App.

 As soon as I remove the connection string, the website forms and logins no longer work and I get sql database connection erros, but then I can connect to the sql database configuration.

 Should I try removing the connection string and use the IIS?  the real id and password values have been stricken for this post

 <connectionStrings>

<add name="Personal" connectionString=" Server=soundgive.db.3367783.hostedresource.com; Database=db; User ID=userID; Password=password; Trusted_Connection=False" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

<remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>

<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString=" Server=soundgive.db.3367783.hostedresource.com; Database=db; User ID=userID; Password=password; Trusted_Connection=False" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>

0
dvdgzzrll

Hello

We are not getting clear idea what problem you are facing..

 Are you connect database with this connection string and facing problem with .net application?

Please be more clear for your problem so we can help you better.

Click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post is helpful.

-- Benazir Mandli
0
zirmandli

Need help with .NET Framework configuration
Hello, I am building an application in C# and trying to use the System.data.odbc namespace. Here is the code: OdbcConnection myConn = new OdbcConnection("DSN=TestAsp"); string myInsertQuery = "INSERT INTO Login_Info (user_id, password) Values('xxx', 'xxx')"; OdbcCommand myOdbcCommand = new OdbcCommand(myInsertQuery); myOdbcCommand.Connection = myConn; myConn.Open(); myOdbcCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(); myOdbcCommand.Connection.Close(); But I realize now that I have .NET frame work 1.0.xxx and odbc is not supported, when I...

I need help setting up and configuring .Net
Hello everyone, How is everyone doing? I need everyone's help if at all possible on setting up and configuring ASP.Net, VS.Net and other stuff on my laptop.First off, I used to be an active member of this forum, and I used to do alot of .Net programming, mainly in ASP.Net and VS.Net.  I haven't programmed much in the last 2 or 2.5 years and I've forgotten alot of things. I just bought a brand new HP Laptop last Saturday and I need major help on setting up .Net on my laptop.Here are the specs on my machine:AMD Turion 64-bit Ultra 2.1 GHz with 4 GB DDR2, WIndows Vi...

Need Help in configuring APS.NET 2.0
I am getting the following message after I create a web services using Visual C# The site http://localhost/testWeb1 has not been configured for use with ASP.NET 2. Microsoft Visual Studio has been designed to use ASP.NET 2; If not configured some functions may make incorrect , an page designed with the tool may not render correctly.   Would you like the site to be configured now. I click the yes radio button. However, I get the message confiuguring website http:/localhost/testWeb1 failed. You may need to manually configure the site for ASP.NET 2.0 in order for...

Need help configuring IIS for PB11 .NET application deployment
What do we need to put in the "Publish Location" of the "Publish" tab for the project ? Also, what do we need to put in the "How application will be installed/launched" section of the "Install/Update" tab ? What's the difference between these two ? Can we use a UNC path in one and a URL in the other, etc. ? Is there any place that clearly describes how to setup IIS 6 for PB11 .NET deployment ? We opened a case with Sybase (Case# 1137-3448).. We were told that the PB11 workstation needed to be be in the same Active Directory doma...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

I need help in VB.net code to check the data from SQL database
Hi all, I have a field called "Phone" in a table called "CustInfo", it has 12 digits e.g. 966546500000. and all records are filled of information, I want only to check the existance data. I'm writing my code using VB.NET, If I want to check the phone entry from the user, whether it's existed or not, but the user will only enter 9 digits without the first 3 international digits (966), so the code has to check the number starting from digit 4.Below is my code when the user click enter button after entering the number into text box.how can I modify it to achie...

vb.net and c#.net same app
Been asked before, but... If I build a c# web app and someone builds a vb.net desktop app, can they communicate? and can you develop against it...ie..in my c# web app, can I add the vb.net desktop app as a reference? or at least make calls to it? web apps or desktop apps can contain components created in either language. i have a web solution that contains 4 projects. One of the projects is C# the others are VB.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? Try converting it with: http://converter.telerik.com/ Thanks...that is what I was looking for ...

Need Help! Just moved our application into production and tried to configure for .NET 2.0
Hi, I hope someone can help. We just moved our application that has been upgraded from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0 into production. We installed .NET 2.0 Framework and the AJAX extensions. When I first went to test the site I received an error that referenced the web.config. It was hanging on the System.WebExtensions SectionGroup. I googled this problem and I was reminded that I needed to configure the site to run under the new .NET 2.0 framework in IIS. I went into IIS 6.0 and navigated to the ASP.net tab of the properties of our website. The ASP.Net Version drop down was blank. I c...

Need help with bmp files in 2 apps with common pbls need help displaying in both apps
I have 2 PB applications. App1 and App2. They have pbls that are common to both. These pbls contain objects with bitmaps on them. App1 is in the App1 directory and App2 is in the App2 directory. EACH DIRECTORY HAS THE SAME PBLS IN IT. The shared objects were developed in App1. When specifying the bitmaps there, it seems only the name was needed and not the full path. However when App2 uses the same window as App1, the bitmaps do not appear! What can I do to get the objects that are common to both apps to display a bitmap in either app? Thanks Jerry OBrien Ra...

.net 2 virtual app login still uses root parent app for .net membership
 Hi, I  have a folder on a primary site that I want to have its own separate login. In aspnet membership - the appllication name will be unique, as will be the users. I edited the parent web config and set all the appsetting, connectionstring, system.web and system.net sections to have enclosing location tags as shown below <location inheritInChildApplications="false">  So that those sections would not be inherited by the child folder/virtual directory.  Then I was able to put a separate web config, with its own connection string and .net me...

Need Help with ado.net
HiI am trying to insert data from a text box into my database but I am not really sure how I do this. I done select statements before but I never tried insert data from my website into a database. Also does anyone have a good site or book that shows examples how do do stuff like insert,update and stuff like that with C# examples. Thanks Ms Sql 2005, VS 2008 SP1, Windows XP Pro. check out the link below, you might get some help..Simple ADO.NET Database Read, Insert, Update and Delete using C#.. Free source code and programming articlesManipulating Data (ADO.NET)Calling Stored...

Need help from .NET folks
Dear All, I have been working on the legacy applications from past 5 years and now there is a challenge for me to learn .NET I am not that new to Microsoft technology as I have completed my computer engineering from one of the very good university - Mumbai/India. But since I am totally out of touch on this new technology, rather a new born baby, I would like to know what is the best way to start learning .NET from beginning? I will appreciate if someone can help me guiding through this challenge. Thanks in Advance, new 2 .NET   http://www.asp.net/learn/ And ASP.NET 2...

New to .NET and need help
I'm trying to create a web application that displays information from a database.  I can make it work and populate a datagrid, but this isn't what I really need.  I'd like it to display information about one person at a time (over 15,000) records in my table.  I also don't want it to diplay in a grid.  I want each datafield to have it's own text box with a label to the side.   I also want at the top of the page to have a dropdown box where someone can select either a name or employee number to jump straight to that persons information.  I'm so new to t...

I NEED HELP...about vb.net!!!!
  Server Error in '/ShoppingCart' Application. IErrorInfo.GetDescription failed with E_FAIL(0x80004005). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: IErrorInfo.GetDescription failed with E_FAIL(0x80004005).Source Error: Line 119: Dim dr As OleDbDataReader Line 120: cnn1.Open() Line 121: cmd1.ExecuteNonQuery() Line 122: dr = cmd1.ExecuteRe...

Web resources about - Need help with ASP.Net Configuration App - asp.net.sql-datasource

Configuration management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The CM process is widely used by military engineering organizations to manage complex systems , such as weapon systems, vehicles, and information ...

Facebook Taps Opscode Private Chef For Configuration, Management Of Servers
How does Facebook manage its ever-growing plethora of servers , configurations, administrative access policies, and the other tasks that go along ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

MIT panel warns of challenges of hyper-networked world - management, Configuration / maintenance, IDC ...
A panel discussion held at MIT this week hailed major advances in networking technology, but warned that the challenges facing the world's information ...

New 15-inch 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro unboxed and compared to other 2015 configurations
Apple’s new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display is here and available in a few different configurations. We’re take a closer look at the ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...