MSDE Installation Help -- Installation Error (SetUp Failed To Configure The Server.) Help!

Dear Forum,

I am attempting to install MSDE to my PC in order to work with databases from my ASP.NET Web Matrix program.  So far I was able to do the following...

  1. Drop to the command line a extract the MSDE files from a CD ROM
  2. Select and initiate the setup.exe file and begin running the installation

However, the installation gets hung up when attempting to configure the server.  I checked the error logs and the last log entry prior to the installation error message reads...

  • "SQL Server is terminating due to 'stop' request from Service Control Manager."

After which the installation process is halted and I am left scratching my head.

If anyone has had this problem and knows of a work around I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Sincerely,

Rich

0
CyberSaint