MS SQL database remote copy from source to different destination server

 Hello,

I was hoping someone could supply me with some technologies available to do remote copy of a db over a live connection?  I've been scouring ADO.NET and even ASP ADO and I'm having issues with finding the appropriate libraries that can be used if the source database is a black box entirely.  It seems as though there always has to be a carbon copy(schema and layout) of the database on the destination server in order for a copy to take place via ADO.NET. Please assume that the source server is very tightly restricted in terms of permissions and a simple BACKUP DATABASE query is not an option.  Bulk Copy (BCP) is also out of the question because a command line connection to the destination server is unavailable.  All that is available is a remote connection to the target server and databases.  My main concern is keeping database integrity in terms of all the constraints, stored procedures, and views of the source database (I think ADO.NET falls short on the latter two).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jberganz
0
jberganz

How to import excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server from Remote SQL Client
 Hi all, I need to import Excel sheet into SQL Database in SQL Server machine.this excel sheet can be kept in any where.it may client or server machines.but I need to import it using any SQL client(Remote Client in web) machine.I can do it using  SQL Sever Machine.but it doesn't work using SQL Client  machine.I need to do it using  SQL query.it imported using Import/Export wizard in SQL through SQL Client machine.but it can't using SQL quary.Please tel me how I do this.Following are my code.---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Copy database from one SQL Server to SQL Server Compact edition
I have a SQL script that creates tables and have insert scripts to put data into it. I want to create the table in Compact SE for my mobile device project. I know I can run a script from VS using SMO, but is there some other way? I have SQL Server Express 2008 installed. From VS itself is there a way to create my tables with data in SQL Server Compact?Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. (Donald Knuth)  In Studio 2008 you can use the Server Explorer to create a connection to an SQL Server 3.5 Compact Edition File, and run queries against it j...

How to create a copy of SQL Server 2000 database in SQL Server 2005 Express?
I have a database called 'DB1' in SQL Server 2000. I want to create the same database in SQL Server 2005 Express including the original data in tables. How would I do that? I cannot find any option to do this upgrade in SQL Server Management Studio.sun21170 Check out this:How to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2005 with the Copy Database Wizard Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! The article you mentioned does not apply to the 2005 Express Edition. The Management Studio for the Express Edition contains no Copy database opti...

how can I copy the entire database from one sql server to another sql server?
How can I copy the entire database (all the objects from one database to another database)? thanks in advance. Use DTS (right click on a database in Enterprise Manager, select All Tasks, and then Import or Export, as appropriate). You can also back up the database and then restore on the other server.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog hi Douglas, Thanks for your post. I was looking at the Database Copy Wizard. But it says my local system does not have the permission to copy files over the network. I looked over some tuturials and changed ...

Bulk Copy between remote SQL Server 2000 and local SQL Server 2000
How to perform Bulk Copy of a table from a Remote SQL Server 2000 to Local SQL Server 2000?I need to do this programmatically. This will be performed on regular basis. I can't use DTS Import/Export Wizard. Need the steps of Bulk Insertion.Thanks in advance. With Regards,Prodipta Mondal.Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Need the steps of Bulk Insertion.  Connect to the remote SQL Server. Load a DataTable or DataReader Connect to the local Server Call the SQLBulkCopy,WriteTo...

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi,I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.Server NameDatabase NameUser NamePasswordRegards,A.K.R    Anyone? I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me file included with the download of SQL Express which would explain how to connect? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly ...

FYI - Interesting difference between Oracle SQL and MS SQL
While converting some code from T-SQL to PL/SQL, I ran across an interesting bit of MS SQL code.  The code looked odd to me so I did a quick experiment to prove what it did.  I was quite surprised by the MS SQL results! In ORACLE: create table testunion (aaa number); insert into testunionselect 2 from dualunion select aaa * aaa from testunion;  select * from testunion;  -- Returns one record, as it should, "2" delete testunion; insert into testunionselect 2 from dualunion allselect aaa * aaa from testunion; select * from testunion; -- Returns one record, ...

New errors access MS SQL Server Database on (CREATE DATABASE and Batch SQL Statement)
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C2F2CB.0C201FF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running ActiveState perl 5.8.0 on a WIN2K box with MS SQL Server = 2000. Recently I updated DBD-ODBC to v1.05 and DBI to v1.35 Now I get the following errors executing some sql commands CREATE SQLSTMT:[CREATE DATABASE POMS_SER ON (NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_DAT', = FILENAME =3D 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_SER_Data.MDF', SIZE =3D 10MB) LOG ON = ( NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_LOG', FILENAME =3D = 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_S...

MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000
We are migrating from MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000. We are using a Native connections and would like to know if there are any issues that we should be aware to do this correctly. TIA Adam Shepherd Are you sure about that? I have not experienced (or heard of) that kind of problem w/ 7.0. There are many other reasons why a table san is performed, but I don't think a numeric data type would cause it... Or are you talking about the PB problem of sending an Integer as 1. -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp...

SQL Server Database File vs SQL Server Database -VWD Express
VWD Express 2008, SQL Server Express 2005. I have been using SQL Server Express with ASP and VB for some years - I just create a DB in Management Studio Express, have SQL Server set to 'SQL Server and Windows authentication', and use a connection string with 'sa' and a password (I never have managed to get it working with 'integrated security', but that is probably irrelevant to this post). So I have a list of DB's attached to SQL Server that I can see, attach, detach etc in MSE. I am getting started with .NET. Working through a VWD Express book tutori...

Web resources about - MS SQL database remote copy from source to different destination server - asp.net.sql-datasource

LAM Mozambique Airlines destinations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is an orphan , as no other articles link to it . Please introduce links to this page from related articles ; try the Find links ...

SPRING BREAK: Which Beach Destinations Have The Most Facebook Check-Ins?
... examined its check-in data during the month of March, comparing it with February, and compiled lists of the 10 most popular beach destinations ...

@BenBajarin – It's the Journey Not the Destination
It's the Journey Not the Destination

App Links Reaches More Than a Billion Mobile Destinations
At f8, we introduced App Links, an open, cross platform standard for linking on mobile. Since then, hundreds of apps have adopted App Links and ...

Facebook redesigns first step of ad creation in self-serve tool with list of potential ad destinations ...
Facebook is testing a new design for its self-serve ad tool that presents users with a list of pages, apps and other potential ad destinations ...

Destination Salem MA (@DestSalem) on Twitter
Location, Location, Location: #Salem - Lifestyle - The Boston Globe ow.

Lonely Planet Traveller – inspiring travel magazine with new exciting destinations on the App Store on ...
Get Lonely Planet Traveller – inspiring travel magazine with new exciting destinations on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Bungie Explains Destiny's One Destination Per Planet Issue - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... first-person shooter title, Destiny, Bungie has now turned its attention on explaining to the gaming community why there is only one destination ...

Bannisters Pavilion a chic Mollymook destination
Visitors to Bannisters Pavilion can expect a stylish, yet personal experience, Karen Hardy writes.

Sofia Vergara takes a jibe on Ellen for skipping her destination wedding [VIDEO]
Sophia Vergara discussed her fairy tale wedding and the party that followed at “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.”