Managing Data between SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005

Hello,

I have SQL Server 2000 and 2005 running on the same server. My current system is in SQL Server 2000 and the new system is in SQL Server 2005. My users will be using SQL Server 2000 for the most part,  But for the part the processes that have been migrated to 2005, they will be using SQL Server 2005 as well. The database schema is different on both servers eventhough the data will be similar in most respects.

Is there is a way through which any data that is inserted/updated in SQL Server 2000 via content Management System/ manually/ via a batch job, the data is automatically populated in SQL Server 2005 tables or vice versa?

Please advice at the earliest.

Thanks.

0
abcxyz

Few options I can think of now:

1) Linked servers and join the tables in query - performance wont be good

2) Replication - Overhead and maintenance is high

3) Detach the database files from Sql server 2000 and attach it in Sql server 2005.  You have to do a compatibility check before doing this. Once attached, you can go for join's like in option 1 or triggers to replicate the data.

Save our world, its all we have! A must watch video Pale Blue Dot

Please use the search feature of the forum before asking a question.
0
XPSCodes
4/14/2008 7:13:41 PM

Thanks.

0
abcxyz

How to create a data diagram in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio for a SQL Server 2000 database
Hello: I have an old database created in SQL Server 2000, now I can open, access it in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, but I can't create Data Diagrams. Please advise on how to make it work.... Thank you Expand the database folder in Object Explorer and the first folder under the databases is the "Database Diagrams". Right click -> New database diagram.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Thank you for replying :)  but that only works for database created in SQL Server 2005, my database is created in SQL Server ...

Migrate Data from SQL Server 2000 to SQL 2005 Server Express
Hello:Does Sql Server 2005 Express support data migration  from Sql Server 2000. Anybody? This is exactly what I need to know too, anyone!?   -- Matthew...

sql server 2005 to sql server 2000
Due to certain unavoidable reasons we have to move an application from sql server 2005 to sql server 2000 (yes from 2005 to 2000).  would changing the connection string be sufficient or are there other issues involved. How hard is it going to be to get it to work? Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Yes you will need to change the connection string!However you must look very carefully at the database structure. Do two script exports of every object in the database - one for SQL2000 compatibility and one without. Compare these two scripts, if they are significantly differe...

Move from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 with VS 2005
 We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connection stringin the Source code and/or Web.config?  My preliminary testing seemed to be not effective.TIA,Jeffrey wonjartran:  We have a new database server for SQL Server 2005.  To use our old VS 2005 websites, which were connected toanother database server with SQL Server 2000, what should I do?  Just change the server name of the connectio...

Sql Server 2000 & Sql Server 2005
Dear AllIs there is a big defference between Sql Server 2000 and Sql Server 2005 and if  i studying thesql server 2000 about  40% or 50% from it..can i upgrade and styding 2005 or i must completing studying sql server 2000 more enough.Please i want a good and practical advise.(i can't get the chance to develope a real life database with sql server2000 until this moment.)Many Thanks 4 All. Hey,A lot of the concepts that are in SQL 2000 will still apply, such as data types, table design, indexes, pk/fk relationships, and such...  DTS has changed completely; in a...

sql server 2000 , sql server 2005 express
Hi, currently I m using vs studio 2005 to develop a in house web application... The problem is tat my company has only sql server 2000 license... n when creating the application cos vs studio comes together w sql server 2005 express, so i used it to develop the application. However, i tink there are compatibiliy issues with both databases. I used sql 2005 express mainly because in vs studio 2005 there are the LOGIN tools in which i cant create and they come mapped to databases created using sql 2005 express... so is there any compatibility issues when i deploy this application? and if so, is...

check sql server 2000 or sql server 2005
Hi.. I have a web application(ASP.NET 2.0 + C#). I have sql server 2000 as well as sql server 2005. Several queries in my application work well with the sql server 2005, and the same query fails in the sql server 2000. How to check if the database is connected to sql server 2000 or sql server 2005 and then call the queries accordingly through the c# code? Thanks That may be happening if you are using built-in stored procedures or the INFORMATION_SCHEMA from 2005.  There's stuff in 2005 that doesn't exist in 2000.  You are the one establishing the connection, right...

Connecting to SQL Server 2000 with SQL Server 2005
I currently have Enterprise 2000 installed but would like to uninstall and install SQL Server 2005. Are there any problems if I try to reconnect to other SQL 2000 servers or other serious issues I need to consider before doing this change ?   Thanks,...

SQL Server 2000
Hi We have SQL Server 2000 installed on Windows Server 2003. Now wanted to upgrade to SQL Server 2005. Have tried simply inserting SQL Server 2005 dvd and installing on Windows Server 2003. Installation was not successful.  Let me know standard methodology to upgrade SQL Server 2000 to 2005 . Thanks,-- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you -- Friend, this tutorial may help you http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid87_gci1188595,00.html http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid87_gci1194265,00.html http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...

Convert Sql Server 2005 to Sql Server 2000
I have to downgrade a eCommerce database from Sql Server 2005 to Sql Server 2000 due to hosting server's support compatibility. Almost all features in the original (2005) version are available in 2000. Any recommendations as on an easy conversion? Thanks a lot. -Yubo It's not possible to easily/directly convert a SQL Server 2005 database to SQL Server 2000.  I learned this the very hard way.  My suggestion would be to find a new host.Terri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question I have the same issue, in that I developed an ASP.Net 2.0 application using SQL Se...

Web resources about - Managing Data between SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 - asp.net.sql-datasource

Managing editor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A managing editor is a senior member of a publication 's management team. In the United States , a managing editor oversees and coordinates ...

Facebook EMEA Director Christian Hernandez Joins White Star Capital As Managing Partner
... in a post on his Facebook page that he was leaving the social network to join early-stage venture-capital firm White Star Capital as a managing ...

Upgraded Tools for Creating and Managing Facebook Ads
The updated versions of Power Editor and Ads Manager make it easier to create, edit and track Facebook ads. See the new tools.

Facebook SPMD Kenshoo names Gary Nafus Managing Director, Americas
... hired Gary Nafus, previously the Vice President of Sales at Oracle Corporation before starting at Kenshoo. Nafus will be the company’s Managing ...

Cravings - Meet your daily calorie goals by managing your craving and by making healthy food choices ...
Get Cravings - Meet your daily calorie goals by managing your craving and by making healthy food choices. Engage in a social experience with ...

Managing the Bailout, 12 February 2009
rappaportcenter's Managing the Bailout, 12 February 2009 set

Google I/O 2011: Managing and visualizing your geospatial data with Fusion Tables - YouTube
Kathryn Hurley, James McGill, Simon Rogers Geospatial data has special requirements that aren't met by traditional database or cloud data storage. ...

Cisco A/NZ appoints Boal as managing director
Cisco A/NZ appoints Boal as managing director ARNnet The appointment comes in the wake of previous managing director, Richard Kitts, moving ...

Coopers Brewery managing director has hands full with imported beer portfolio
The managing director of Coopers Brewery, Tim Cooper, says there might not be room for any extra imported brands in his portfolio.

Managing executive pay (04:31)
Asciano chairman and BHP Billiton director Malcolm Broomhead says the reward structure for executives needs to be simplified as boards come to ...