Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #6

Hi,

       I developed an intranet web application using ASP.NET.Everything works fine in dev environment.Right now we want to test in QA.

I have used windows authentication.The web.config file has the following connection string:

<add     name="DatabaseConnection"  connectionString="Data Source=(QA);Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=databaseII;" />

when the application was tested in QA,it displays the windows login.

But I am getting        Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

I am not getting this error in development environment.

Please guide me .I have to fix this error soon.

Thanks,

pcs

0
pcs

 Please see this kb article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555332

http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh/archive/2005/05/25/40489.aspx

Jeev
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer.
0
Jeev

Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
please tellme how to resolve this error, i m using server studio management tool. and trying to connect using sql server authentication. my pc is over a domain.   Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)  check whether that sql server is allowing sqlauthentication or not.select that server -> right click it-> select  properties  -> in the window, select security -> check what is the server authentication. it should be  sqlserver and windows authentica...

Getting error "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" on trying to authenticate a user
Hi, I created aspnetdb on Sql Server 2005 and modified my web.config LocalSqlServer connection string to connect to the Sql Server instead of mdf file on Sql Server. When i click Log In button on my login control i am getting the error "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" But when i bind a radio button list or any control to select from aspnet_users or roles table data is displayed fine without any login errors (i am using aspnetdbConnectionString given below for binding data). Why is it happening only when i authenticate but...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.?
Hello, I just got a copy of a website I was supposed to be working on.  I went to the web.config file changed the machine name to my machine's name and when I try to run the program I get the following error.  Could someone give me some advice on how to fix this ?  Thanks! On your production site, the site passes the web user's credentials (your IUSER account) to your sql server.   Make sure that your local site is set up to pass your credentials along to the sql server.  In your web.config, add identity impersonate=true. --JJPlease mark ...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
I have a windows 2003 server hosting MS SQL  Server 2005. Another windows 2003 server hosting my App, and clients from the local intranet and outside (web). How do I surpass this problem, when it all works fine locally on my development machine? Use Forms authentication! AlCheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question! I am using Forms authentication. <connectionStrings> <add name="memSocConnection" connectionString=" Data Source=WSPASQL01; Initial Catalog=mem_soc;Integrated Security=True" providerName="Syste...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
 Hi to all......... In my project I am using windows authentication and if I am running through the IIS getting this error. Suppose if I am directly run the project or use server authentication then I wont get this error.My web.config file is <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>  <configSections>    <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">  ...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hello everyone, I have a local IIS (WinXP) and a remote SQL Server 2005 DB.  When I try to run login using the aspnetdb, I get the following error: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. When I run the form in debug mode from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express it works fine.  In other words when the VWD launches the web page as http://localhost:1234 it works, but when I run the same page from http://localhost I get the error. I know this is permission issues.  I did a search and found info to add the ASPNET user t...

Login failed for user 'test'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hi all, I am new in asp.net. In my web.config file, I wrote the connection strings as below and then I got the above error. I already changed SQL server Authentication mode to "SQL server and Windows". Any idea? Thanks in advance. <connectionStrings> <remove name="LocalSqlServer" /> <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=xxx;Initial Catalog=mydb;User ID=test;Password=test;Persist Security Info=False;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> </connectionStrings>  Hi, If you are using...

Login failed for user 'testuser'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hi, I have a copy of VS2005 and i have installed the Microsoft SQL Server Developer Edition I am trying to do my first connection using ASP.net (yay for me...) and it has failed...with this error..Login failed for user 'testuser'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.   can someone please point out why? yes i know that the error seems pretty straight forward but how do i fix it? like how do i make the user a trusted server connection? where do i do it? and what are the steps? the user is an administrator and by rights should have all access to everything....

Login failed for user 'sa'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hi, How to handle "Login failed for user 'sa'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." when i was access to web page. I want to on sql server authecation mode.Vikrant,.Net Software Developer,Mumbai. I think you will find very useful advice on this issue here. Good luck.  We develop a range of solutions using ASP.NET/SQL Server. AgentQuote is a recent example.Find your best local estate agent, use agentquote.co.uk. Hi vikrant,               post your code so we can ...

Login failed for user 'maritos'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
  How can i solve this issue? Thank youMario Lopes Hi,mariolopes  Where r u getting this message Plz Specify ur  Problem in detail.              RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins "Success does not come to those who wait . . . and it does not wait for anyone to come to it." Anonymous  See if the below KB helps.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555332 Thanks,Dhimant Trivedi"When the going gets t...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #3
Hi I'm making a website and will upload it next via ftp but i need to access the local server for database retrieval from this website. i'm doing so first time so not sure about its working and isues. Through google search and from forums i collect some info to work on it. now i have made a connection string to access remotely that gives the following error when i make the connection open  "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." the local server use the windows authentication mode or may be the mix mode. ...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #5
hello i am working on a web application where the application and data base are not on the same serverso when trying to connect to the data base from the web application using windows authentication i got that errorLogin failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. when i used user id and password the problem solvedcan any one tell me how to make my application run using  windows authenticationone thing else ;this problem raised  after another issuse came from the network that the server is not able to resolve the address or ip of th...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #4
Arrgh!  I've check and to make sure SQL Server and Windows Authentication option is selected.  The user has Grant access to connect to database engine and Login is enabled...and also has database read/write privs.  I can login using the username/password from Mangement Studio Express, but I can't from my app.  Here is my web.config: <connectionStrings>    <add name="CPT_ConnectionString"          connectionString="Data Source=192.168.1.40\ccsql1;Integrated Security=SSPI;" &nb...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #2
I've seen many, many, many, many posts regarding this topic - but none have been able to fully explain nor fix my problem.I've developed a security solution according to Scott Gu's guide and it works great - but only on my local machine running VWD and SQLExp2005. Once I move this application it completely breaks in the productions environment.  Today I managed to get it halfway there. I created a SQL login and changed my web.config to use these credentials - now the web application will come up, but none of my links (that are role based) are displayed - most likely because ...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (when selecting a row)
Hi there, I am getting the error shown below, when I click select on a GridView table row. The GridView is created using the standard sql databind control... the gridview that is shown works fine... when I click select on a row, I try to create a table... this table is populate with data from a query run in the codebehind using the selected item DataKey. The connection in the code behind uses the same connection string from the web.config as the standard sql databind control used to create the first table.... Can any one tell me why I get this error.. Please... I am running in ...

error "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. "
All the research I found dealing with this problem is that the solution is to set SQLserver to mix mode.  I have SQL server already set to mix mode. I am not sure what else to do. Has anybody run into this problem? my connection string: <connectionStrings> <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source= server name ; Initial Catalog=FILESHAREDB.MDF; Integrated Security=false;"providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> </connectionStrings>   Server Error in '/SendItNow' Application.  ...

In debug mode I get Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
The error msg only appears when I try and debug. When using the site normally there is no problem?? Hello,     The reference below is the solution of your problem.     The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connectionPlease give us feedback no matter whether you get your answer.Please "mark as answer" if it's useful for youSincerely,Jerome...

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
  Hi all, Can someone explain it to me  why I am getting the following error when I try to connect SQL server express with .NET 2.0?   Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.Here is my code and i am using windows authentication: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %>&...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #6
I am getting this dreaded error with a few users on my company's intranet website.  Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. I've seen it happen before but normally the problem occurs for everyone not just a select few.  My SQL is not on the same server as the web server, but i know I have that all setup correctly because it works for 100% of the employees. But for a lucky select few every once in awhile, applications that use SQL will throw this error. For now the fix has been log out of windows and log back ...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
 Hmmm.... I have been developing a site on my local machine and it all works there. When I push it to the web-server it does not. I have used connection strings in my web.config file that look like this (the names have been changed to protect the innocent.. or me...) <add name="TDemoSiteConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=192.168.8.37;Initial Catalog=TDemoSite;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=TDemo;Password=fred" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> When I call a table adapter I get the error 'login failed for user null'. When I call one of my stored procedures using a QueriesTableAdapter, it works fine. They use the same connection... It is acting like there is no connection for the tableadapter, although I specified one when setting up the XSD. I am suspicious that somehow it still is trying to use integrated security for the tableAdapters. How can I programatically tell the adapter when I call it to use the connection called TDemoSiteConnectionString. The code that fails on the webserver (but works locally) looks like this:  Dim dt As New TData.prSelectCampaignMediaTypesDataTable '*** Get the data Try Dim td As New TDataTableAdapters.prSelectCampaignMediaTypesTableAdapter 'td.Connection() = TDemoSiteConnectionString td.Fill(dt)  ****** As you can see I have been tinkering, unsuccessfully. Thanks.Ask One/Answer One. Chec...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
I dont believe that no one can help me in this damn error,Please, I'm gonne lose my job offer If I didnt fix this. I have spent 7 days searching with no use !! I use ASP.NET 2.0 with C# to develop an intranet site, it was working perfectly when i was on Visual Studio, when i tried to publish the site it gave me that error. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. the web application on IIS server, windows 2003 - the database on a different server windows 2003, sql server 2000. Regaeding that we have proxy server, one fi...

Login failed for user 'username'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
This is the error I get below. What did I do wrong? Login failed for user 'useranme' exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'dnn'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified u...

Web resources about - Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #6 - asp.net.sql-datasource