Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #3

Hi

I'm making a website and will upload it next via ftp but i need to access the local server for database retrieval from this website. i'm doing so first time so not sure about its working and isues. Through google search and from forums i collect some info to work on it. now i have made a connection string to access remotely that gives the following error when i make the connection open

 "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection."

the local server use the windows authentication mode or may be the mix mode.

Please any one can help me about this issue and further information related to it. and one more question, how much time a page takes to load while getting 600 records from a table in local server.

thanx in advance

0
maham

HI

  You should use sql authentication mode to connect with local database server as windows authentication will not allow remote connections...

And the time take to load the page will depend on the data and your server speed.

Happy Programming

Shashi.
0
shashikantht
1/7/2008 5:02:18 AM

 cause

The SQL server has been configured to operate in "Windows Authentication Mode (Windows Authentication)" and doesn't allow
the use of SQL accounts.

solution

loadTOCNode(1, 'resolution');Change the Authentication Mode of the SQL server from "Windows Authentication Mode (Windows Authentication)"
to "Mixed Mode (Windows Authentication and SQL Server Authentication)".

 Thank u

Baba

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.

Thank u

Baba

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.
0
srijaya_ramaraju

Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
please tellme how to resolve this error, i m using server studio management tool. and trying to connect using sql server authentication. my pc is over a domain.   Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)  check whether that sql server is allowing sqlauthentication or not.select that server -> right click it-> select  properties  -> in the window, select security -> check what is the server authentication. it should be  sqlserver and windows authentica...

Getting error "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" on trying to authenticate a user
Hi, I created aspnetdb on Sql Server 2005 and modified my web.config LocalSqlServer connection string to connect to the Sql Server instead of mdf file on Sql Server. When i click Log In button on my login control i am getting the error "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" But when i bind a radio button list or any control to select from aspnet_users or roles table data is displayed fine without any login errors (i am using aspnetdbConnectionString given below for binding data). Why is it happening only when i authenticate but...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
I have a windows 2003 server hosting MS SQL  Server 2005. Another windows 2003 server hosting my App, and clients from the local intranet and outside (web). How do I surpass this problem, when it all works fine locally on my development machine? Use Forms authentication! AlCheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question! I am using Forms authentication. <connectionStrings> <add name="memSocConnection" connectionString=" Data Source=WSPASQL01; Initial Catalog=mem_soc;Integrated Security=True" providerName="Syste...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hello everyone, I have a local IIS (WinXP) and a remote SQL Server 2005 DB.  When I try to run login using the aspnetdb, I get the following error: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. When I run the form in debug mode from Visual Web Developer 2005 Express it works fine.  In other words when the VWD launches the web page as http://localhost:1234 it works, but when I run the same page from http://localhost I get the error. I know this is permission issues.  I did a search and found info to add the ASPNET user t...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.?
Hello, I just got a copy of a website I was supposed to be working on.  I went to the web.config file changed the machine name to my machine's name and when I try to run the program I get the following error.  Could someone give me some advice on how to fix this ?  Thanks! On your production site, the site passes the web user's credentials (your IUSER account) to your sql server.   Make sure that your local site is set up to pass your credentials along to the sql server.  In your web.config, add identity impersonate=true. --JJPlease mark ...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
 Hi to all......... In my project I am using windows authentication and if I am running through the IIS getting this error. Suppose if I am directly run the project or use server authentication then I wont get this error.My web.config file is <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>  <configSections>    <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">  ...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #4
Arrgh!  I've check and to make sure SQL Server and Windows Authentication option is selected.  The user has Grant access to connect to database engine and Login is enabled...and also has database read/write privs.  I can login using the username/password from Mangement Studio Express, but I can't from my app.  Here is my web.config: <connectionStrings>    <add name="CPT_ConnectionString"          connectionString="Data Source=192.168.1.40\ccsql1;Integrated Security=SSPI;" &nb...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #5
hello i am working on a web application where the application and data base are not on the same serverso when trying to connect to the data base from the web application using windows authentication i got that errorLogin failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. when i used user id and password the problem solvedcan any one tell me how to make my application run using  windows authenticationone thing else ;this problem raised  after another issuse came from the network that the server is not able to resolve the address or ip of th...

Login failed for user 'maritos'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
  How can i solve this issue? Thank youMario Lopes Hi,mariolopes  Where r u getting this message Plz Specify ur  Problem in detail.              RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins "Success does not come to those who wait . . . and it does not wait for anyone to come to it." Anonymous  See if the below KB helps.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555332 Thanks,Dhimant Trivedi"When the going gets t...

Login failed for user 'test'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hi all, I am new in asp.net. In my web.config file, I wrote the connection strings as below and then I got the above error. I already changed SQL server Authentication mode to "SQL server and Windows". Any idea? Thanks in advance. <connectionStrings> <remove name="LocalSqlServer" /> <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=xxx;Initial Catalog=mydb;User ID=test;Password=test;Persist Security Info=False;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> </connectionStrings>  Hi, If you are using...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #2
I've seen many, many, many, many posts regarding this topic - but none have been able to fully explain nor fix my problem.I've developed a security solution according to Scott Gu's guide and it works great - but only on my local machine running VWD and SQLExp2005. Once I move this application it completely breaks in the productions environment.  Today I managed to get it halfway there. I created a SQL login and changed my web.config to use these credentials - now the web application will come up, but none of my links (that are role based) are displayed - most likely because ...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #6
Hi,        I developed an intranet web application using ASP.NET.Everything works fine in dev environment.Right now we want to test in QA. I have used windows authentication.The web.config file has the following connection string: <add     name="DatabaseConnection"  connectionString="Data Source=(QA);Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=databaseII;" /> when the application was tested in QA,it displays the windows login. But I am getting        Login failed for user ...

Web resources about - Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #3 - asp.net.sql-datasource