Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

I have a windows 2003 server hosting MS SQL  Server 2005. Another windows 2003 server hosting my App, and clients from the local intranet and outside (web). How do I surpass this problem, when it all works fine locally on my development machine?

0
grooverinthesouth

Use Forms authentication!

Al

Cheers
Al
My Blog
MapStats.NET
Please click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question!
0
albertpascual
5/30/2006 3:34:16 PM

I am using Forms authentication.

<

connectionStrings>

<

add name="memSocConnection" connectionString=" Data Source=WSPASQL01; Initial Catalog=mem_soc;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

<

add name="MySqlRoleManagerConnection" connectionString="Data Source=WSPASQL01;Initial Catalog=mem_soc_core;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

<

add name="MySqlMembershipProviderConnection" connectionString="Data Source=WSPASQL01;Initial Catalog=mem_soc_core;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</

connectionStrings>

<authentication mode="Forms"><formsname="SqlAuthCookie" loginUrl="admin/login.aspx" timeout="10" /> </authentication>

This works fine locally. I am trying to migrate the application onto the servers. As soon as I use the WSPASQL01 server it fails. I have followed the walkthrough from microsoft on using forms authentication and still no progress. I have assigned roles to the login 'aspnet'.

0
grooverinthesouth

Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
please tellme how to resolve this error, i m using server studio management tool. and trying to connect using sql server authentication. my pc is over a domain.   Login failed for user 'Bachelorplace'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)  check whether that sql server is allowing sqlauthentication or not.select that server -> right click it-> select  properties  -> in the window, select security -> check what is the server authentication. it should be  sqlserver and windows authentica...

Getting error "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" on trying to authenticate a user
Hi, I created aspnetdb on Sql Server 2005 and modified my web.config LocalSqlServer connection string to connect to the Sql Server instead of mdf file on Sql Server. When i click Log In button on my login control i am getting the error "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" But when i bind a radio button list or any control to select from aspnet_users or roles table data is displayed fine without any login errors (i am using aspnetdbConnectionString given below for binding data). Why is it happening only when i authenticate but...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.?
Hello, I just got a copy of a website I was supposed to be working on.  I went to the web.config file changed the machine name to my machine's name and when I try to run the program I get the following error.  Could someone give me some advice on how to fix this ?  Thanks! On your production site, the site passes the web user's credentials (your IUSER account) to your sql server.   Make sure that your local site is set up to pass your credentials along to the sql server.  In your web.config, add identity impersonate=true. --JJPlease mark ...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
 Hi to all......... In my project I am using windows authentication and if I am running through the IIS getting this error. Suppose if I am directly run the project or use server authentication then I wont get this error.My web.config file is <?xml version="1.0"?><configuration>  <configSections>    <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">  ...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #4
Arrgh!  I've check and to make sure SQL Server and Windows Authentication option is selected.  The user has Grant access to connect to database engine and Login is enabled...and also has database read/write privs.  I can login using the username/password from Mangement Studio Express, but I can't from my app.  Here is my web.config: <connectionStrings>    <add name="CPT_ConnectionString"          connectionString="Data Source=192.168.1.40\ccsql1;Integrated Security=SSPI;" &nb...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #5
hello i am working on a web application where the application and data base are not on the same serverso when trying to connect to the data base from the web application using windows authentication i got that errorLogin failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. when i used user id and password the problem solvedcan any one tell me how to make my application run using  windows authenticationone thing else ;this problem raised  after another issuse came from the network that the server is not able to resolve the address or ip of th...

Login failed for user 'testuser'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hi, I have a copy of VS2005 and i have installed the Microsoft SQL Server Developer Edition I am trying to do my first connection using ASP.net (yay for me...) and it has failed...with this error..Login failed for user 'testuser'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.   can someone please point out why? yes i know that the error seems pretty straight forward but how do i fix it? like how do i make the user a trusted server connection? where do i do it? and what are the steps? the user is an administrator and by rights should have all access to everything....

Login failed for user 'test'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Hi all, I am new in asp.net. In my web.config file, I wrote the connection strings as below and then I got the above error. I already changed SQL server Authentication mode to "SQL server and Windows". Any idea? Thanks in advance. <connectionStrings> <remove name="LocalSqlServer" /> <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=xxx;Initial Catalog=mydb;User ID=test;Password=test;Persist Security Info=False;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> </connectionStrings>  Hi, If you are using...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #2
I've seen many, many, many, many posts regarding this topic - but none have been able to fully explain nor fix my problem.I've developed a security solution according to Scott Gu's guide and it works great - but only on my local machine running VWD and SQLExp2005. Once I move this application it completely breaks in the productions environment.  Today I managed to get it halfway there. I created a SQL login and changed my web.config to use these credentials - now the web application will come up, but none of my links (that are role based) are displayed - most likely because ...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #3
Hi I'm making a website and will upload it next via ftp but i need to access the local server for database retrieval from this website. i'm doing so first time so not sure about its working and isues. Through google search and from forums i collect some info to work on it. now i have made a connection string to access remotely that gives the following error when i make the connection open  "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." the local server use the windows authentication mode or may be the mix mode. ...

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #6
Hi,        I developed an intranet web application using ASP.NET.Everything works fine in dev environment.Right now we want to test in QA. I have used windows authentication.The web.config file has the following connection string: <add     name="DatabaseConnection"  connectionString="Data Source=(QA);Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=databaseII;" /> when the application was tested in QA,it displays the windows login. But I am getting        Login failed for user ...

Web resources about - Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. - asp.net.sql-datasource