I am so new to SQL Server 2005 and just studying.  Saying that...

We use SQL Server 2005 Express edition.  Some one sent me a file (info.mdb) and asked me to load the data in this file in to a table called Products and also asked me to load in another table (ProdCat) where id = 'X05'.

So being not knowing anyting regarding data loading etc, how should I do this and proceed?  The .mdb means its a Access database file?  If that is the case, I dont have Access in my machine and what should I do?

0
dotnet001

I'm not sure if Sql Server Express has this functionality or not but you can try the following:

Right click on your DB --> Tasks --> Import Data --> change datasource to Access (I've never tried it but it may work).

If everything happens for a reason what is the reason for this error?
0
mpaterson
8/15/2007 6:49:20 PM

 This should do the trick

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D842F8B4-C914-4AC7-B2F3-D25FFF4E24FB&displaylang=en

If I was helpful, please mark "answered" so I can get credit. Thanks!
0
Bonekrusher
8/15/2007 7:19:04 PM
Finally I asked some one who had access db and extracted it to a text file and then loaded into my sql db and it works.
0
dotnet001
8/17/2007 2:36:48 PM

Hi dotnet001,

We would really appreciate it if you can share your experience with us

Bo
8/20/2007 8:39:47 AM

dotnet001:
Finally I asked some one who had access db and extracted it to a text file and then loaded into my sql db and it works.

 So, do you mean he/she export from Access to Text file then you load the Text file to SQL?

Regards,
CS4Ever
This credits that member, earns you a point and marks your thread as Resolved so we will ALL know you have been helped.
This will help me, you and others.
0
CS4Ever

Managing Data between SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005
Hello, I have SQL Server 2000 and 2005 running on the same server. My current system is in SQL Server 2000 and the new system is in SQL Server 2005. My users will be using SQL Server 2000 for the most part,  But for the part the processes that have been migrated to 2005, they will be using SQL Server 2005 as well. The database schema is different on both servers eventhough the data will be similar in most respects. Is there is a way through which any data that is inserted/updated in SQL Server 2000 via content Management System/ manually/ via a batch job, the data is automatical...

Migrate Data from SQL Server 2000 to SQL 2005 Server Express
Hello:Does Sql Server 2005 Express support data migration  from Sql Server 2000. Anybody? This is exactly what I need to know too, anyone!?   -- Matthew...

SQL server 2005 and SQL server 2005 lite
Hi, I have a web site hosted at a hosting company.. I'm in the process of designing a web site which has some forms that are going to hit a database, etc.. for a small company.. This small company has it's own Web server, and when I'm finished I'll copy the finsihed product to their IIS web server, etc.. Well, I have SQL server 2005 full edition as part of my web hosting, but I'm going to have to use SQL server Lite for the end user / client since they don't have SQL server. So, I'm wondering if I can do my work on MY remote host using the full edition of SQL server 2005, and then copy to th...

sql server 2005 do'nt attach sql server database file
I have sql server 2005 standard version. I want connect mu database file with microsoft sql server  database file.I receive ... provider: SQL Network Interface; error: 26 - error locating server/instance specified ... error.How to use local .mdf file with sql server 2005 (not express)  SQL Server (not express) doesn't support attaching on the fly of mdf files, so you need to do it manually. That is, open SQL Management Studio, right click the server, select attach, and that way you can permanently attach the database to the server. You'll have to use a normal connection s...

How to create a data diagram in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio for a SQL Server 2000 database
Hello: I have an old database created in SQL Server 2000, now I can open, access it in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, but I can't create Data Diagrams. Please advise on how to make it work.... Thank you Expand the database folder in Object Explorer and the first folder under the databases is the "Database Diagrams". Right click -> New database diagram.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Thank you for replying :)  but that only works for database created in SQL Server 2005, my database is created in SQL Server ...

connection to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL server express 2005 to function properly.
I dont have the SQL EXPRESS installed instead I have SQL Standard Edition.  I have two SQL Server instances installed.  1- UserLT (this is sql 2000)2- UserLT\SQL2005 (this is SQL 2005 named instance) But when i try to add a database to my VS website project I get the following error: Connection to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL server express 2005 to function properly. please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkId=4925 I went in Tools>Opetions>DataBase tools>Data Connection>Sql Server Instance Name (...

Web resources about - Loading data from .mdb file into sql server 2005 - asp.net.sql-datasource

The loading gauge determines the sizes of passenger trains and the size of shipping containers that can be conveyed on a section of railway line ...

Facebook Adds Mobile Reach Data To Insights, Cuts Back Loading Of Organic Stories
Facebook announced two changes to its insights Tuesday: the inclusion of mobile reach data, and the lowering of the number of organic stories ...

Facebook’s Fast-Loading and Free “0″ Mobile Site Launches
More than a quarter of Facebook’s users are accessing it through mobile devices every month, and the number of mobile useres is growing fast. ...

Search Twitter - witcher 3 loading
... are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh WCCFtech @ wccftechdotcom 31m The Witcher 3 Experiencing Loading ...

Gmail : Why does "?shva=1" get appended to the URL when loading Gmail?
Answer: "shva" is an acronym for "should have valid authentication"

Shovel excavator loading the sewage sludge - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
This shovel excavator is loading the solid sewage sludge into the lorry distributing the sludge in the field.

Shark Kage - The Multifunctional Aluminum Loading Truck Ramp - YouTube
Shark Kage TM is the hottest ramp innovation in decades! The first of its kind MULTI-USE RAMP for your pickup truck, Shark Kage is a much needed, ...

Ferrier off-loading sandstone landmark
Title Deeds :The Bilgola property remodelled by Iain Halliday is expected to set a new non-waterfront record.

Australian navy turns back asylum seeker boat to Indonesia after loading three extra people
The asylum seeker boat that allegedly deterred Tony Abbott from meeting president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono this week has been found in Indonesia ...

Google announces service to speed loading of news articles
Google shows off initiative to ensure news articles load more quickly on the web, but one name was conspicuously absent from the presentation. ...