Linking New DB Application to Existing MAS200 DB

Hey all,

 Firstly, thank you for a fantastically developed source of information for beginners such as I. The knowledge base here is outstanding in every regard and is walking me step by step through my future development issues.

 I've begun setting up a SQL DB using VB Web Developement Express 2008 and have made some good headway as to mapping out the required relational data. However, as I look into the future of this project, I realize that whatever database I develope will need to communicate with MAS200 on many levels. I've done some looking around over the internet and it looks like it is possible because MAS200 is indeed a simple database.

 My question/s are partly multiple so I'll list them all:

 A) Can VB Web Development Express Edition 2008 connect with MAS 200? Or - do I need to purchase the PRO Edition?

B) If communication between VB Web Developement Express/Pro Edition 2008 IS possible, what other components may be required (ie: drivers, software, hardware, etc)

C) I will need to retrieve data as well as input data into and from MAS 200 as well as the new application - does this present a problem?

I appreciate any help that could be offered in regards to this question.

 Regards,

 Matt

Matt B.
"Doing my best to learn and help others do the same!"
0
MJB1980

It seems that MAS 200 ERP has an SQL Server version(http://www.hightowerinc.com/pdf/mas200/M200_SQL.pdf). Is that your solution?

Limno

0
limno

Convert Existing User DB to Net .net MemberShip DB
Hey, Im looking to take my current Users DB and put those records into the new .net membership DB. I looked at the Membership Create User SP but im not sure if that sp is the only procedure that gets called when creating a user. I was wondering if any one else has had to do this and how should i go about it. I have about 100 users that i need to copy over. Thanks. This article has a bunch of links to Membership and security information in ASP.NET: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/02/24/438953.aspx For migrating 100 users over, you might just find it easiest to create a ...

Changing access db to sql db web application.
I am experiencing problems with databases for the web application that i am developing. The problem is that I have transferred the database from access to sql which initially seemed to work ok. I am now however struggling to solve the problems with one of my fields titled 'notes'. The trouble is that in the original database the notes field contained different notes from different dates for each record, and each note is separated by carriage returns. It is the carriage returns that are now proving to be a problem in the sql database but i am not sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciat...

BCP Sybase SQL Server db to SQL Anywhere db?
Anyone, I am searching for an automated way to take an entire Sybase SQL Server db on a Unix server and get it into a Sybase SQL Anywhere db on my laptop. I dont feel like going table by table through the Pipeline not to mention that I have RI proplems with this approach as well. Ideally, I would like to have explained to me a way to perform a BCP from the Unix SQL Server world into the windows based SQL Anywhere world. If this is even possible. The model itself is not as important as the data because we use ERwin and I am able to forward engineer the model onto the SQL Anywhe...

[...]

Watcom SQL DB (RE7.DB)
All, I am trying to convert data from an old SQL Anywhere format (Watcom SQL became SQL Anywhere in the mid 90's) for a non profit agency to SQL Anywhere 11. Their old format from way back when appears to be in Watcom 4.0 SQL format. However, I cant seem to find any tool (SQL Anywhere 9 couldnt access it) to read in this data format and I need to merge this data with their new system. Anyone know any tools or anything that can read in data from a RE7.DB that is stored in Raisers Edge fundraising system. I have pulled my hair out trying to do this. I would love to hear any ...

How to connect Sql DB and Oracle DB?
Hi guys, how can i make my sql database read and store data from Oracle db?because my system reads data from sql database.. but some data need to be read from oracle and stored in sql database so the system can retrieve them from the sql database.. can anyone help me in this case? i don't know how to connect 2 different databases ... ASP.NET/VB.NET Regards,Nina@~ Why Would We Hurt Each Other, When LOVE is All We Need ~@ You create Linked Server to connect both systems, run a search for sp_linkedservers and  sp_addlinkedserver  in SQL Server BOL (books online). Hope ...

Convert from Access DB to SQL DB....
Dear All,  I would like to convert from Access To SQL DB undervisual Studio.Net 2005... How can I do it easily, or if there any software to do this automaticlly, please your help..  Awaiting your valuable reply. Many thanks in advance for your cooperation and continuous support....Aح What version of MS Access are you using?Most of the Access versions like XP/2003 all have an upgrade wizard that allows you to convert your existing database to SQL Server.In Access 2003 I believe you can use the Upsizing Wizard which can be accessed from Tools -> Database Utilities -> Upsi...

Access DB instead of SQL DB?
Hi folks, Is it possible to set up a Membership-Type Access DataBase in the same manner as an SQL DataBase with ASP.NET automatically configuring all of the DataBase components so that the DataBase will be the same as an SQL DataBase? In other words, could I do something like create an empty .mdb file, put it in the App_Data folder, and ASP.NET will set up the Tables, Views, Functions, etc. and configure it as I add the Login, Password, etc. Controls? Many Thanks. hypercode: Hi folks, Is it possible to set up a Membership-Type Access DataBase in the...

db size estimation for new db
Hi, Can you please help about database size estimation for new database? what are the considerations we have to take? how to calculate? which information we have to gather? like, no. of tables, no. of transactions, no. of users.......etc how to calcuate after gathering info? Thanks in advance. Murali.Minchala On 3/22/2010 1:27 AM, Murali wrote: > Hi, > > Can you please help about database size estimation for new database? > what are the considerations we have to take? how to calculate? which > information we have to gather? like, no. of tables, no. of ...

access db to sql db rewright
I am changing a page from Access to SQL express database.  I usually use Dreamweaver Datasets and no problem with them but my hit counter is different.  Can someone rewright this code to work with a SQL database?  If t is possable to use it with a dreamweaver dataset that would be even better but i will take what I can get to learn. ThanksRusty  _________________________________________________________________ <%@ Page Language="vb" Debug=false %><%@ import Namespace="System.Data.OLEDB" %><%@ import Namespace="System.Drawing.Imag...

membership db and application db collaboration
hi!i'm building an application, which will have to store others attributes about member, which are not supported with membership. So i'm curious how to make both DBs to cooperate. will i have no problem if i store the username to my DB and then compare username in membership DB with the one in my DB in order to verify user and get other data.what <would be the best practice?thanks in advance  The best way, in my opinion, would be to create a custom membership provider with the additional methods and properties.An examplehttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f1kyba5e.as...

Copying DB changes to existing DB
Hello, I have two databases.  One is live and the other is a live copy that I have been making upgrades to.  What is the best way to transfer all or most of my changes to the live database while preserving the existing data in the database?  ie: updating stored procedures, functions, tables, copying specific columns of table data to other tables, etc. Thanks,Ryan  By using a sql compare tool. Red gate, apex, sql delta all are good options. Although they all cost money. I'm not sure there is an easier way than that.http://www.rocksthoughts.comhttp://www.ju...

In WSS Backing up DB of SQL 2005 and restore in DB of SQL 2000 giving error
Hi, sometime ago, I have installed WSS and configured using typical option whereby be default SQL server 2005 used for creating the content DB. Later I realize that I need to use SQL 2000 instead because of licensing problem. Therefore, I have re-installed the WSS but now using advanced options and selected SQL 2000 instead. Earlier when using SQL 2005, I have created nearly a complete site and backed up the whole farm. Now with the newly installed WSS, when I try to restore the backed up WSS farm, the restore process giving error saying “the backed up DB is using structure version 611 but c...

Web resources about - Linking New DB Application to Existing MAS200 DB - asp.net.sql-datasource

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...

New patent application suggests Nintendo’s NX console is like nothing we’ve seen before
Nintendo has been close-mouthed about its plans for the Nintendo NX, but a recent patent filing may have tipped the company's hand. If so, then ...