Is there any way to know the last access time of a table?

I have some junk tables in my database, but I am not sure if they are really not in use.

Does sql server log the last time that a table gets accessed? when I say access I mean any actions toward the table, including select, update, insert, etc.

thanks in advance.

0
hyanglu

I am unsure about your answer, but you can log it manually to a table by generating stored procedures for selecting/updating/etc.

Specializing in ASP.NET 2.0
0
Rick
12/13/2006 10:53:42 PM
thanks for the suggestion. I thought about that too but I can't possibly rewrite all codes across the application for this. also it may be too resource intensive. shouldn't there be a way to check the last access in sql server? apparently in the file-based system you can do so.
0
hyanglu

Fastest SQL access time in .net
need advice on the following I have 2 tables table 1 - remote, cant use an SP table 2 - local, can use a SP I do a select on Table1 and it returns the results, I want to insert all these results into table 2 The problem is that the first table is really slow to access, I have a string of booking Id's i need to pass it and it keeps timing out on a simple select...its the DB! its on rubbish HW and is badly designed but I cant do anything about that so I have to use the most efficent method of getting the data out, or simply copying the required records between the 2 tab...

GridView data table and MS Access table. Some time I like MS Access...
Hi: I want all the rows and coloums data showing in the GridView can be editable, just like the MS Access table on the form, you can modify and update any cell and it will be saved if your mouse leave that cell (or you click "Save" button). The reason I ask is: everyday I have about hundrands of data need to be set the date(Today's date), to be set the status (on/off), and input Receipt Num, if I using Gridview's "Edit" "Update" feature, I find there are still two many clicks, and also the selected rows changing the size and p...

How to Know the last access date and Time for Sybase Users
Auditor want to know when the users accessed the sybase server last time. We don't have any login auditing enable. Require experts help ... Easiest method ... > Auditor want to know when the users accessed the sybase > server last time. We don't have any login auditing enable. 1 - enable auditing of logins (don't forget the assorted overhead of managing space usage in the sybsecurity database) 2 - write a login trigger (stored proc) to dump 'login' info to a home grown auditing table > Require experts help ... Oh, in that case ... show t...

Anyone know of a SIMPLER way to access data in ADO.NET???
In asp3, ive seen vbscript classes that were S-I-M-P-L-E to use to get data to and from SQL. You would instantiate the class, give it a sql string, and tell it to fetch the data and boom.. it returned a recordset... With ADO.net there is alot more code involved to do the same thing. Has anyone done any work in making any kind of simpler to use ADO.NET wrappers? Any 3rd party utils that make this simpler to use??? I understand ADO but am having a heack of a time coding ADO.NET still. Which is why this kind of a thing would really help. Thanks in advance, -Matt I suggest y...

accessing linked Access table from .net
We have an access database with a linked table to MYOB through ODBC. The MYOB table appears in access with a green dot indicating it's a linked table. In Access it all works fine. When we try to get at it through .net, it brings up DB_SEC_E_AUTH_FAILED(0x80040E4D) which as far as I can see indicates authentication failed. Any idea what is required to be able to use it from.Net? You might try this stepp0, put in admin for the username and leave the password blank (unless you specified other) Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Components\Databases\Db.m...

How do you know the last date/time update stats is run on a table?
regards, Abel The nitty-gritty is in sysstatistics. An SP that generates the output below is my sp_newstats proc in the dba.sql file at http://www.bossconsulting.com/sybase_dba/ However you better read the Installation Guide first since other procs also have to be loaded. A quicker way would be to use the code and strip off the execution of sp_date, etc. that prettyprints the dates. sp_newstats CURRENT DATE/TIME -------------------------------- May 6, 2001 (08:40:53 AM) THERE ARE 48 STATISTICS ROWS FOR 9 SYSTEM TABLES IN systatistics. THERE ARE 4...

Linking SQL Server Tables to Access Tables
Hi,  I would like to link a table in SQL Server to a table in access, because I would like to compare data. But would like to do it through a Stored Procedure.   I would like to do something in this line : If Field1 in SQL Table = Field1 in Access Table then Field2 in SQL Table must = Field2 in Access Table Hope this makes sense. But I have NO idea how to do this ? Can anyone assist ? Thank you ok Ive done this :  Dim connString_MI As String = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("RMCS.ConnectionString") Dim myConnection_MI As New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConn...

Create access table using sql table field
 hi friends , i need create mdb file with table and data , the data will come from sql server 2005 table , for example i have table employee table contain some fields like name mobile number and others ,, now i  need to create access mdb file with table and data , data is mobile numbers of employee(just only one field) ,  i m using ASP.net C# 2.0, plz help me yarTHANKS FOR ADVANCE     Hello Raghavendra,                          &nbs...

I assume that MS Outlook uses SQl server 2005 for maintaining its data by the way it works, but don't know that is for sure. Assuming that is the case, how do I read and write to these same tables fr
I have a web app that I want to sync with Outlook.  When a contact in inserted into Outlook, I assume that information is sitting in a table in SQL server 2005.  If that is the case, I would think that I could read and write from these same tables with a web app.  How do I do that, and what are the pitfalls. Hi, Sorry, your assumption is incorrect. Outlook uses PSTs, which is a proprietary format by MS. Cheers! DaveDaveSome of my websitesaspNetEmail.comSystemNetMail.comSystemWebMail.com...

Users unable to delete records when accessing SQL 2005 tables via MS Access 2007
The background: we have a number of databases in SQL 2005, which our primary users access via MS Access 2007. For some reason, in some (but not all) newer tables in these databases, our users are unable to modify or delete records, even though the users have all the permissions they should need to do so. In one case, the user will get a message that someone else is accessing the same data at the time, even though nobody is. Another user gets no error message, her machine just beeps at her and does nothing. We're completely stuck - does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causi...

I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio
I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio When I change any data on mentioned table above, Red exclamation sign appears left of the record . How can I correct this problem?  Thanks. Try running the UPDATE via Query Analyzer...and see if you get an error.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

What's the accepted way to retrieve records in a SQL table with null values using a Visual Studio 2005 Table Adapter?
I'm using an ObjectDataSource in Visual Studio to retrieve records from a SQL Server 2005 database.  I have a very simple dilemma.  In a table I have fields FirstName, Surname, Address1, Address2, Address3 etc. None of these are mandatory fields. It is quite common for the user not to enter data in Address2, Address3, so the values are <null> in the SQL table. In Visual Studio 2005 I have an aspx form where users can pass search parameters to the ObjectDataSource and the results are returned according to the passed in parameters. The WHERE clause in my Table Adapter ...

Last Modified/Access Time
Is there a way in Sybase ASE to find out the time when - table was last updated - procedure was last executed Thanks! Auditing. Alternatively, triggers on the table could keep a "last updated:" value in another table/ the proc could log a datetime value in a table every time it was called. Abhin wrote: > Is there a way in Sybase ASE to find out the time when > - table was last updated > - procedure was last executed > > Thanks! ...

For .Net Developer what should know in SQL
 hi all  i m .net programmer.i want know that in sql which topic should we know that is generally used in web application and windows application. thanks You should have basic understanding of the following...1. Create and execute queries2. Create and update database, tables and views3. Create and execute Procedures and Functions (knowledge of Triggers would be really helpful)4. Knowledge of using SQL Management StudioThese basics would help, but first get started with whatever you know. You'll surely catch up good on the way.Thanks,Nishant Sagar Hi,4Ddesign U can Start F...

Web resources about - Is there any way to know the last access time of a table? - asp.net.sql-datasource

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

Google can remotely give cops access to at least 74% of all Android devices
There’s a new interesting revelation in the debate on encryption that was reignited after the disastrous attacks on Paris in mid-November. According ...

Women Must Have Equal Access to Technology
... business savings from theft and increasing her control over spending. The Internet and mobile phones can dramatically increase a woman’s access ...

Republican Party presses State Department for answers on Hillary Clinton’s access to classified material ...
The Republican National Committee is asking the State Department’s Inspector General for an opinion on whether former Secretary of State Hillary ...

Why IBM spent billions buying a tech they already had access to
... about $2 billion for Weather Company’s digital assets even though the two tech companies had already formed a partnership that gave IBM access ...

Paris attacks prompt focus on guns access in U.S.
Push on in Congress for bill denying firearms to known or suspected terrorists; similar measures stalled several years in a row

National Community Solar Partnership: 68 Cities, States, & Businesses To Expand Solar Access
... bring the benefits of solar out to a larger group of people, those in low- and moderate- income communities who wouldn’t otherwise have access ...

Google updates Hangouts with guest access
Google just made it a bit easier to have a business meeting – or any kind of meeting – via Google Hangouts . The company announced Wednesday ...

T-Mobile Opens LTE Gates, Gives Customers Unlimited Access For 3 Months
It used to be that mobile phone customers actually talked on our phones a lot, and carriers limited our minutes while giving us unlimited data ...

Here's how to access the Bloodborne: The Old Hunters DLC
Bloodborne , much like its predecessors, is a relatively esoteric game. Even simple things like locating a $20 DLC package can be hidden beneath ...