Is a SQL Server Device CAL enough if SQL Server is being accessed by only one web server?

 In my application scenario, there is a single web server hosting my ASP.Net application.

If I buy a 'single device CAL'  for SQL Server database, will that be ok in this situation since only one device (i.e. the machine hosting the IIS web server) is going to access the SQL Server database?

sun21170
0
sun21170

No, that won't be enough.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/sqlserverlicensing.mspx

gunteman

Web resources about - Is a SQL Server Device CAL enough if SQL Server is being accessed by only one web server? - asp.net.sql-datasource

INFOGRAPHIC: Information Accessed By Facebook-Connected Apps
According to application security provider MyPermissions , more than 70 billion mobile apps will be downloaded in 2013, or 10 for every person ...

Facebook launches new APIs to make it easier for real-time activity to be accessed
Many media organizations are catching on, wanting to know what people on Facebook are saying about a certain topic . While it’s easier with Twitter, ...

IRGC commander tell how the US RQ 170 Drone was captured and its content & technology accessed - YouTube ...
The commander of Revolutionary Guard aerospace Sardar Hajizadeh tell how the US RQ 170 was captured and how the Revolutionary Guard succeeded ...

Man guilty of Macgregor cannabis grow house in underground chamber accessed by hidden door
A Canberra man behind two northside cannabis grow houses hid one of the crops in a secret chamber beneath a garage. A Canberra man behind two ...

Aurora hackers said to have accessed law enforcement targets - U.S. Department of Justice, applications ...
Chinese cyber marauders sought more than just information on activists they wanted access to FBI, DOJ investigations on spies in the U.S.

AFP spied on phone and internet records, over 40,000 accessed without warrant
AUSTRALIAN Federal Police accessed more than 40,000 phone and computer records last year without a warrant.

Fairfax Media journalist Natalie O'Brien: Vodafone employee accessed my text messages
It is a creepy, nauseating experience knowing someone has been looking through your messages.

Taxi app Ingogo pulls online receipts after customer shows how thousands can be accessed
Australian taxi-booking app Ingogo has shut down its online tax receipt service after it was revealed other people could access GPS co-ordinates ...

David Jones says third party accessed 'limited' customer information
David Jones has suffered an online privacy breach, continuing a week of upheaval for the department store chain.

U.S. Netflix accessed by 1/3 of anglophone Canadian users
There's a not-so-secret trick for Canadian Netflix subscribers to access movies and TV shows that are supposed to be available only in the U.S. ...