Installation of SQL Server 2008 Express blows up before installing actual server, can't repair or continue it.

 I tried to installl SQL Server 2008 Express edition on my personal desktop.  I started off by chosing to install an unclustered version (don't know the difference between clustered and unclustered so I chose the first) and then it said I had all the requirements, all checks went through it even installd the management studio express.  But when it was installing the server, it went through and then just stopped through giving an error message saying there was an error in installation.  I had uninstalled previous versions of SQL server 2005 and compact, but it was just blowing up.  I'm going to try again but has anyone had errors installing this thing where it just gives an error 3/4 the way through?

0
indigo0086

On another forum Michel Fournier was having the same problems. He had to install cleanup utility first to get rid of previous SQL Server 2005 installation.

(Donald Knuth)
0
Naom
12/7/2008 8:18:36 PM

 That did it, I had to uninstall every sql server entry then restart because not all entries could be removed.

0
indigo0086

Can't seem to install SQL server 2005? Install completes, but where is SQL Server 2005
I went to one of the Microsoft "Ready To Launch" events over a year ago. Microsoft was gracious and gave everyone who attended a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. I have installed the Visual Studio and use it all of the time. I also installed the SQL server 2005 but I can not find the application on my computer. After the install the only items that appear to have been installed are the following: SQL Server Configuration tools(SQL Server Configuration manager,SQL Server  Error and usage reporting, SQL Server surface area confiuration, Reporting Services configu...

Can I install SQL 2005 Server Express on a machine that has SQL 2000 Server
I have a dedicated server running SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003.  Can I install SQL Server 2005 express so that I can run sites developed with VWD Express.  I still have the sites that need to use the sql 2000 server.  Thanks Yes but it best that the sql server 2000 instances be upgraded to service pack 4.http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345154.aspx Silverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group...

Can't get SQL Server Express to install
I'm using the disk that came with my Visual Web Developer for Dummies book.  It installed on my XP Home machine, but when installing on my XP Pro machine, the fourth step, SQL Server Express, it fails.  I cleaned up my hard drive (about ten gigs of free space), I followed the steps here http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/support/readme/default.aspx to uninstall everything dot net related.  Rebooted, checked my control panel, etc.  Tried to install.  It just fails.  No error message.Can anyone give me an idea of where to start?Thanks Try to install...

Can't install sql server 2005 express
Hi,When i try to install Sql server 2005 Express i get the following error: http://kirkov.dk/img/sql_error.jpgAnyone know a solution for this problem? Thanks.    My site - http://www.kirkov.dk I think i found the error, http://kirkov.dk/img/sqlSupport_error.jpg  So how do i fix this? My site - http://www.kirkov.dk Why are you trying to install 64bits Express are you running 64bits operating system?  If the answer is no then go download the X86 that is the 32bits version.  Hope this helps.Kind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks for the...

Can't install SQL Server Express CTP
I'm having trouble installing the April CTP of SQL Server Express.  I'm trying to install it on a relatively clean Windows 2003 Server machine.  This server previously had SQL Server 2000 installed but does not anymore.  It has .NET 1.1 and I've installed .NET 2.0 beta 2.  It has never had any other .NET 2.0 betas or CTPs, and has never had SQL Server Express or SQL Server 2005.  When I run SQL Server Express setup I get this error: SQL Server 2005 CTP Setup has detected incompatible beta components from Visual Studio or SQL Server.  You must r...

Can't install 6.4 due to SQL Server 2005 already installed
Does anyone know if there is a requirement for installing PatchManagement 6.4 that SQL Server 2005 cannot be already installed on the server? The installation wizard will not let me get past the Server Requirements validation stage because there are entries for SQL Server 2005 in the server's Registry. I hope I don't have to uninstall SQL Server in order for this to install. If that is the case then I will not be able to use Novell's PatchManagement software. Any help here will be appreciated. thanks, Kay -- KayRose --------------------------------------...

Installing Team Foundation Server 2008 with SQL Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008
 Hi,Can Anyone tell me that Is SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition Compatible to work with Team Foundation Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008...I am trying to install TFS 2008.I have installed IIS,SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition,Install and Configure Windows Sharepoint 3.0 successfully... but During installation of TFS 2008 during System health Check its telling SQL Server version incompatible.PLz Reply its urgent... Somnath Try installing TFS 2008 packaged with SP1. Here is more info:http://blogs.msdn.com/aabdou/archive/2008/05/13/team-foundation-server-sp1-beta-now-available.a...

How can I get the 'entire' database, structure and data, from SQL server 2008 to SQL server 2005?
1) I can't get the 'copy database' function to work from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2005. I connect ok. Everything goes to the last step and then it fails.2) I cant get a SQL server 2008 backup to restore on SQL SEerver 2005 either. The only way I know that works is to script the creation of all tables then export and import. This does work. How can I get the 'entire' database, structure and data, from 2008 to 2005? ThanksSQL newbie. Visual Studio 2008 supports a type of project called a database project. You might try importing the schema of t...

Can I install sql server 2000 and sql server 2005 in the same machine
Hello ,i am an asp.net developer my pc has sql server 2005 already and now my company use sql server 2000I think 2005 is very easy to use but some of 2000 that I don't know so can I install 2000 in the same machine with 2005 ?thanks for your kindness.Kate  You definetely can. Go ahead and have fun. ***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** By the way, if you need to connect to a 2000 DB, you dont need to install 2000 on your local machine. You can still connect to the company DB through your 2005 Management Studio. Just register the server a...

Can't connect to SQL 2005 Express with SQL Server Management Studio Express
I've seen the following error posted when people try to connect to their server via their applications but didn't see anyone having problems when trying to connect with SQL Server Management Studio Express. Am I missing something here? This is the error:<<An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)(Microsoft SQL Server, Erro...

Error Installing SQL Server 2008 Express: '' is not a valid login or you do not have permission
I have tried installing SQL Server 2008 multiple times on my machine, and I always receive this error about 3/4 of the way through: '' is not a valid login or you do not have permission.I have tried installing both SQL Server 2008 Express with Tools and SQL Server 2008 with Advanced Services, and they both fail the same way. I am trying to do a new stand-alone installation.I'm running Windows XP Home Edition SP3.Looking into the error, some forums say I have to install it from THE Administrator account, and not an account with administrator permissions; it also cannot be ...

Can I install the SQL 2005 Express beside SQL 2000 server to the same computer?
Hello, Sorry for my question, I know, that there were several topics about sql 2000 vs SQL 2005, I read all them but unfortunately I haven't got the correct answer. I must install my intranet application that uses asp.net 2.0 and SQL 2005 Express to a Windows 2003 server with SQL 2000. It is possible to install SQL 2005 Express beside the 2000 server? It is very important, because I have no possibility to test and that Win2003 server there are a few programs that use SQL 2000. What will happen with the 2000 databases and their programs if I install the 2005 Express to the ser...

Web resources about - Installation of SQL Server 2008 Express blows up before installing actual server, can't repair or continue it. - asp.net.sql-datasource

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?