Inserting data in batch mode in a SQL Table using .NET

Hi,

I have an ASP.NET Web Service that accepts a DataSet object passed to it. This DataSet will contain a large number of records in it's table. What I want to do (if possible) is insert all records in a SQL table in a batch mode (one go). Is this doable?
Thanks,
--Mazen
0
alzogbi

depends on the size of the dataset.
Kay Lee
MySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragie
Infrastructure Group
MySpace.com

- Code to live, but Live to code.
0
KraGiE

how do i insert data into sql server using data from textboxes and sql connection and sql command
anyone can give me a simple explaination and code.. Thanx in advance Take a look @ Sample Code: How to add...Sushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb There are a lot of tutorials out there, but I know they can be a bit confusing as they all approach things slightly differently. Basically a nice simple version would go like this:' *** First set up your connectionDim conConnection As New SqlConnection("server=servername;database=yourdatabase;uid=yourname;pwd=yourpassword;")' *** This line takes care of your sommand text and command connection in one ...

Submit Form to insert data into SQL and display with a gridview (edit as well) below how do i insert data into sql table?
I have an asp.net page that has a simple form where a user can submit customers information. Below that I have a gridview which displays customer information submited by the user who is logged in. I have the gridview displaying, sorting and updating as I want however I can't figure out how to bind a button click to insert data into the customer table and then have it refresh the gridview when they submit. Here is the basic code; (I am using AJAX for a calendar when a user wants to edit an appointment date) &lt;div class="leftBar"&gt; <div align=center&...

How to insert data into sql server in bulk using ADO.net
Hi!  I'm building a web application. I need to read data from a text or excel file and process the data and then store the result records into database. The record number is big. I can store the data record into database (SQL Server 2005) one at a time. I think it's slow. Is there any way to insert the data in bulk.   Thanks! ccy Hi, Try DataAdapter's Update() method. Thanks and best regards,Faraz Shah KhanMCP, MCAD.Net, MCSD.Net, MCTS-Win/Web, MCPD-WebBlog HI, If you want to just insert the data then you can use sqlbulkinsert class. If you want to update a...

Insert Data into sql DB using VB.net backend
Hi. I need too use my VB.net backend to insert data into my database from seveeral controls on the page. I have tried writing some code to do this but i am a beginner, and i am completely stuck. Heres what i have so far   Dim userid As String = DropDownList2.SelectedValue Dim username2 As String = DropDownList1.SelectedValue Dim date2 As String = Calendar1.SelectedDate Dim invoiceid As Integer = TextBox1.Text Dim amount As Decimal = TextBox2.Text Dim conn As String = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("U...

how to insert all data from vb.net dataset to a temporary table in sql server database
I always get solutions for my question from the forum , thanks for all your help. Question is i have select some data from a database in server 1 and save it in to a DataSet in vb.net now i need to create a temporary table in server 2 test database and insert all rows in DataSet. I know I can read row by row in DataSet.Table(0) and execute a insert statement for each row. but i think this is time consuming. Is there any way that I can transfer all data in DataSet to a temporary table at once. need your help please. I am selecting data from Server 1 Datababse (original1) as follows &n...

need help inserting data into table with sql insert into using textbox values
the error message I get is {"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."} and it points to <  Tickr As String = CType(FindControl("TickerTextbx"), TextBox).Text >     this is my code":  Protected Sub TickMastBtn_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles TickMastBtn.Click REM Collect variablesDim Tickr As String = CType(FindControl("TickerTextbx"), TextBox).Text Dim Comp As String = CType(FindControl("CoTextbx"), TextBox).TextDim Exch As String = CType(FindControl("...

How to Data Transfer From Excel to Microsoft SQL Server Data base Using .Net.
Hai All, How to Data Transfer From Excel to Microsoft SQL Server Data base Using .Net. I have one Excel Sheet in that sheet 15 Fields (attributes) and 3000 records are there. In this 3000 records i want to store this (Excel) data into  5 related tables on Sql Server Database Using .Net.   How to store Excel Sheet data into Sql Server database. Please help me as soon as possible. Thank You Very Much...Have a Good Day... With RegardsSridhar...

Connectivity problem with IIS 6 mode ASPX and SQL Anywhere .NET Data Provider iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere SAConnection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01CABC4F.394AC480 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-7" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Connectivity problem with IIS 6 mode (Windows 2003) and Sybase = SQLAnywhere Web Edition with SQL Anywhere .NET Data Provider = (iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere.SAConnection() ) using aspx. When I try to connect to Sybase SQLAnywhere Web Edition database from = aspx using SQL Anywhere .NET Data Provider (iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere.SAConn...

Inserting Data in to a SQL table using VB
I have a page which has a web form on it that contains to textboxes name and email address and a button when  the user clicks the button I want whatever is in the two textboxes to be added to the database, please see the code below and can someone tell me why it isnt working   <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="newslettersignup.aspx.vb" Inherits="newslettersignup" title="Untitled Page" %> <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="C...

Attach SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net
Is there any way to attach a SQL DB to SQL Server 2005 using VB.Net?  If so can you also set security? Can you rephrase your question? Attach SQL DB from which version of SQL server ? Look up books online for sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I have a DB that was created in SQL Server 2005.  I have a website that displays data from systems all over the world.  Each system sends it's data to it's own DB.  The customer can then go to a website and see the data at real time.  What ...

INSERT data into SQL table... TableAdapter Commands or SQL Commands? Which is best?
I've been working on some unbound data forms, and trying to decide what is best when inserting and/or updating a record into a SQL table.    I can successfully use SQL commands to insert data from VS2008 into a sql table on the server, doing something such as... Dim conn As New SqlConnection("server=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=YourDatabaseName")Using conn conn.Open() Dim cmd As New SqlCommand("UPDATE tableName SET folderName = @folder WHERE id = @id", conn) cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@folder", txtFolder.Te...

How to call or retrieve fields from sql and display in table without using ADO.net, I'm using a dynamic link library....Is the coding different?
Help me! I'm doing my school project on Software Change Management Tool, CR Tracker. I want to display table in the webform, and the table data is retrieve form the sql server. So how do I call the sql so as to display the data in a table? hy..What does that dll contain ?Does it already contains relevant code to connect to a database ? Have a look hereThanksDinuj Nath The easy way to do this is with the use of a data bound grid. The Grid can be customised to look and feel you like. You will need to add a data adapter to your page and a grid. When you setup the data adapter you will nee...

is there an sql statement to insert data to one table and getting the data from another table
Ok I have a table that have general categories with just name and CatNo. Now what I want to know is when I create a client to move all the data in general categories to another table called categories that have the clientid to associate it with the client. I would appreciate for any help what is your question here??Shravan Addaypally MCP...

Web resources about - Inserting data in batch mode in a SQL Table using .NET - asp.net.sql-datasource

Inserting Kate
jurvetson posted a photo: the speaking GPS avatar that we came to love.. more prep photos below... You can hear her voice in the video compilation ...

Inserting the Galaxy Note 5’s S Pen backwards can permanently damage the device
One of the features Samsung highlighted when it unveiled the Galaxy Note 5 was the device's new S Pen slot design. The Note 5 features a spring-loaded ...

Inserting Slavery Into The Climate Debate
Chris Hayes compares the fight against fossil fuels to the abolitionist movement. He states plainly that “there is absolutely no conceivable ...

Samsung smart TVs inserting ads into third-party apps
... playback have pissed off a number of consumers. People with smart TVs from Samsung have been complaining that the electronics maker is inserting ...

Inserting images into Gmail could be so much better
When Google first launched the new compact compose window in Gmail, many of you might have noticed something annoying about inserting images. ...

Gawker tells Steven Crowder to "stop whining, take your licks, and accept that getting hit in the face ...
"... in the middle of an argument between billionaire-funded know-nothing ideologues and people whose livelihoods and stability are being threatened ...

Gmail's New Interface for Inserting Photos
Gmail has a new interface for adding images to a message. When you click the "insert images" icon, Gmail now shows all the photos highlighted ...

Now Samsung SmartTVs are interrupting users' videos by inserting random ads
... room. Now Samsung is dealing with a new headache: Gigaom reports that Samsung SmartTVs are interrupting users' own video content by inserting ...

Samsung SmartTVs are inserting ads into movies - Business Insider
Random Pepsi pop-up ads have been appearing when SmartTV users watch content through the device's third-party apps.